Official Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • InTheTubeDeep
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee
    BomberPearce,

    I am both humbled and happy at the same time.

    This is not just an easy drop-in. I am very pleased that you used my design and amazed at your work.

    It is stunning to say the least. Bravo Zulu, Sir.

    Respectfully, LB
    Elbee thats fantastic work well done! I've designing alot of 3D plane parts but not a cockpit yet- I think I'll give it a go on Su27/30

    Leave a comment:


  • SanExup
    replied
    Your exterior weathering is ace as well. It really looks like an aged fighter! I bet it's pretty amazing in the air!

    Leave a comment:


  • BomberPearce
    replied
    Thanks Elbee Airguardian and Aros. Appreciate the comments.

    Leave a comment:


  • BomberPearce
    replied
    Thanks Wildman! I really appreciate your positive feedback. It took me loads of time, but I enjoyed every minute. Gave me a great opportunity to try a number of weathering techniques, plus try my hand at incorporating pico LED’s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by BomberPearce
    A big Thankyou to Elbee for generously sharing the STL files for the cockpit mod. It’s been a while but I completed the upgrade to my Hornet to celebrate RAAF 75 Sqn. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	395130
    Now that's what I'm talking about, exceptional work, what skills you got!!! If I didn't see the surrounding cockpit, I would have initially thought it was the real deal!

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Looks fantastic, well done!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by BomberPearce
    A big Thankyou to Elbee for generously sharing the STL files for the cockpit mod. It’s been a while but I completed the upgrade to my Hornet to celebrate RAAF 75 Sqn. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	395130
    Beautiful work!

    Leave a comment:


  • Elbee
    replied
    BomberPearce,

    I am both humbled and happy at the same time.

    This is not just an easy drop-in. I am very pleased that you used my design and amazed at your work.

    It is stunning to say the least. Bravo Zulu, Sir.

    Respectfully, LB

    Leave a comment:


  • BomberPearce
    replied
    A big Thankyou to Elbee for generously sharing the STL files for the cockpit mod. It’s been a while but I completed the upgrade to my Hornet to celebrate RAAF 75 Sqn. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	395130
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • salali
    replied
    Not sure if this was already discussed. I tried searching but did not find any posts.

    Has anyone upgraded to the new FW 3668-1960Kv Innrunner Motor 12 blade EDF from the 6S Eurofighter? I currently have the FMS 3670-1950kv motor. The performance/speed is ok. I would like more speed vs low end.

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Another killer flight :')

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied


    Just imagine a Freewing Hornet in this size...
    :sob:

    Leave a comment:


  • Evan D
    replied
    I’d like to add that though there are threads here for both there are threads with more info on RC Groups.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donjay25
    replied
    Thank you very much!

    Leave a comment:


  • Evan D
    replied
    For me very stable. And I don’t have a gyro of any type in either one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donjay25
    replied
    Okay thanks, is the F18 stable on flight? I get that it can be a bit of a handful on landings but I’m guessing not using full flaps could negate that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Evan D
    replied
    Exactly. Not to say both don’t fly very well but big sky aerobatics like the real one, speed, smooth.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donjay25
    replied
    What are your reasons for leaning towards the F18? Speed, performance?

    Thanks,

    Ant

    Leave a comment:


  • Evan D
    replied
    I have both but have put 8s in them. I prefer the F/A-18C.

    Leave a comment:


  • Donjay25
    replied
    Hi all,

    I’m looking to get the freewing F18 or the Freewing F4 Phantom. I’ve read a lot about the F18 being a bit touchy and challenging. Those of you that have both, which do you prefer to fly and why?

    Thanks!

    Ant

    Leave a comment:

Working...