Official Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman

    Composite!! I was looking for the rest of the team to roll up along side in the photo it looks so real! I could swear I saw the pilot give the "Good to Go" Salute!
    You're right! That first shot you would be hard pressed not thinking it wasn't full scale! Wow thats a beaut! Major BA envy over here!

    Leave a comment:


  • Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros
    Congrats! Wow Corsair nut I cannot get over how sweet your BA looks! I would swear it was composite!
    Composite!! I was looking for the rest of the team to roll up along side in the photo it looks so real! I could swear I saw the pilot give the "Good to Go" Salute!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aros
    replied
    Congrats! Wow Corsair nut I cannot get over how sweet your BA looks! I would swear it was composite!

    Leave a comment:


  • Corsair nut
    replied
    Put 4 flights on the new gear and paint and i LOVE IT!!! took some tweaking to get the gear going up in air but once i sorted that..it flew awesome!!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Something I meant to upload earlier... my battery positioning and securing method with foam on the Hornet.

    Packs are 6S 5Ah Panther Li-Pos (875g) pushed all the way back.

    Notice the use of foam to block the pack in place against the tray velcro strip.













    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks Hugh!
    These are frames taken from my lastest flight videos... hopefully coming up sometime soon, so there's a teaser! ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Airguardian Outstanding photos, of course it takes just the right pilot to get the aircraft in those positions in the first place!

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks Aros!
    Here go a few more from the latest flight session!








    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    ​​​​​​​

    Leave a comment:


  • Aros
    replied
    Congrats Hugh Wiedman ! What a beaut! Killer shots Airguardian!

    Leave a comment:


  • Eagleflight47
    replied
    Can anyone comment on how this airplane flies with the 3748-1750kv Freewing EDF? I’m considering purchasing the ARF+ and sticking the 3748-1750kv in just because I have one sitting on the work bench

    Leave a comment:


  • JP-4203
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian
    Thanks Brent, JP!

    That LG mod looks the part, can't wait to see it in action on your next flight vid! :)



    I resorted to Callie Graphics.
    Not just the vertical stab graphics, but also the tiger stripes and orange parts, transitioning to the grey in circular dots.

    These are CNC-cut vinyls so the result is very good.
    It was a custom order, and as such it wasn't perfect from the get go but I contacted Callie and she fixed it! :)

    excellent works, Callie seems to be unbeatable ,.... thx Airguardian

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Plane was still in one piece afterwards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian
    Congrats on the maiden Hugh!
    Smooth landings!
    How could you tell, the phone was shaking so much it looked like it was spastic! Guess the phone needs a gyro!

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Congrats on the maiden Hugh!
    Smooth landings!

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks Brent, JP!

    That LG mod looks the part, can't wait to see it in action on your next flight vid! :)

    Originally posted by JP-4203
    How did you create your rudder pics? Self-printed water decals or any other?
    I resorted to Callie Graphics.
    Not just the vertical stab graphics, but also the tiger stripes and orange parts, transitioning to the grey in circular dots.

    These are CNC-cut vinyls so the result is very good.
    It was a custom order, and as such it wasn't perfect from the get go but I contacted Callie and she fixed it! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Here's a quick video on the maiden flight of my F-18 Tiger Meet from last week. Raining again today so I've remained grounded. The flight video is kinda crappy as it was taken with a phone, but at least I have proof that it actually flies with all that weight from the paint. Need to find someone with a decent video camera (or move next to Airguardian , which ain't a bad idea cause I love Spain-and man could I learn some piloting techniques from him), cause I ain't about to spend any money on something that doesn't Fly!

    Leave a comment:


  • JP-4203
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian
    Part 2:




    :pop
    Cool painting with smart tiger look! How did you create your rudder pics? Self-printed water decals or any other?

    Leave a comment:


  • Corsair nut
    replied
    Sick shots!!! Heres the video on the paint and eflite struts..



    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    Part 2:





















































    :pop

    Leave a comment:


  • Airguardian
    replied
    There go a few cool pics of my now-painted Hornet in the air! :)

























































    ...she pretty! :D

    Leave a comment:

Working...