X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan McKeag View Post
    Have any of you changed out the control horns for something that does not protrude thru the control surface? Carbon fiber or something? If so let me know its something I want to change after the maiden.
    I considered using the stock horns but cutting the heads off and just drilling up to, but not through the upper skin and epoxy them in. I think if I'm going to go through that much trouble, cutting new ones out of carbon fiber plate wouldn't be that much more work and it would look much cleaner. Smart move adding the carbon to the nacelle mounting area. Personally I don't think a couple lite ply formers added to that area to help it hold its shape under stress would hurt either. In my opinion the whole airframe is a little on the weak side. I'm taking precautions

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeper38 View Post
      Bad maiden super tail heavy xicoy lied or I messed up somewhere...I used my original from the first and that think was perfect...luckily I over buit it and my emergency landing only bent the struts and retracts ..ill fix it after first inflight
      video coming soon
      Hey buddy, I think you're still ahead of the game considering it held together in the air. When you figure out the CG let us know, that's one thing I've been sweating since day one. Personally I'm not up enough on tech like the Xicoy to trust an expensive airplane too it. Guess I'm just old fashioned. Looking forward to the video, I just want to see another one of these actually complete a flight

Comment

• So guys, any news on the maidens?

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I am still waiting for a saturday with the right weather. Maybe this weekend. We have had lots of wind and rain here in the Black Hills.

Comment

• Have a question for anyone who could help answer. I had done a bunch of detail work on my cockpit when I first started on this kit. I want yo make some changes and I don't want to just paint over what I've done. Is there something that I can use to remove the factory paint as well as the Testors acrylics that I added without it attacking the plastic

Comment

• Nail polish remover / acetone and a toothbrush..... test the plastic first, might soften it.... then clean with plenty of water.

Comment

• I can attest to nail polish remover's effectiveness. One day I made a completely idiotic choice to do a quick gluing of some innocuous part on some model of mine while I had it on our granite counter in the kitchen and because, well, DUH! I ended up getting a nice glop of CA on the granite! I panicked and tried everything I could think of before the wife found out. I was at my wit's end, sweat forming on my forehead when I finally found a website that mentioned nail polish remover. It WORKED! Didn't leave a single trace nor did it hurt the granite at all. Miracle stuff.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I had already tried the acetone, it worked well on the acrylic paint I added in detailing but the paint that was already on it turned into a sticky goo. It didn't attack the plastic though so with a little elbow grease and a ton of paper towels I eventually got it cleaned. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

• Any maiden flights yet guys???

Comment

• Any news on your A10's ...... all quiet!
                        Reeper.... have you abandoned it and gone big with Skymaster?

Comment

• Anyone out there know where I can buy Roban's A-10 Canopy and cockpit set? Or anyone on this thread that has one to sell. Many Thanks.

Comment

• Successful maiden Oct. 2022
                            Roban A-10 spec’s:
                            HSD s-edf 120mm using 6s 6000’s X 4
                            2 X Jeti Falcon 130 ESC with telemetry / cooling fans
                            Jeti DS-12 Tx
                            Advanced Radio SF16 / Jeti Rex 10 Rx with 900 backup
                            Hitec servo’s
                            JP Hobby ER150 gear/brakes made specifically for Roban’s A-10 bought from TurbinesRC.
                            SF16 powered from 2X Jeti Li-ion 2600 packs.
                            Mods: 2 carbon fiber rods added to center wing along with Hysol to all joints and entire wing foamed with Locktite low expansive foam from Lowes. Also foamed the fuse from tail to just behind battery tray.
                            Hope I loaded these videos correctly. Enjoy.

Comment

• Successful maiden Oct. 2022
                              Roban A-10 spec’s:
                              HSD s-edf 120mm using 6s 6000’s X 4
                              2 X Jeti Falcon 130 ESC with telemetry / cooling fans
                              Jeti DS-12 Tx
                              Advanced Radio SF16 / Jeti Rex 10 Rx with 900 backup
                              Hitec servo’s
                              JP Hobby ER150 gear/brakes made specifically for Roban’s A-10 bought from TurbinesRC.
                              SF16 powered from 2X Jeti Li-ion 2600 packs.
                              Mods: 2 carbon fiber rods added to center wing along with Hysol to all joints and entire wing foamed with Locktite low expansive foam from Lowes. Also foamed the fuse from tail to just behind battery tray.
                              Hope I loaded these videos correctly. Enjoy.

36 lbs. flying weight. CG was by the book, I left it 1.5 oz. tail heavy ( personal preference ). Battery position: 2 on the bottom tray with 2 on top moved forward 1/2" past 1st set of blind nuts from nosewheel gear. Hope this helps....
                              Last edited by rcairmark; Nov 9, 2022, 06:15 PM. Reason: More details! 36lbs flying weight and CG by the book. I left it 1.5 oz. tail heavy. Batteries: 2 on bottom tray with the other two on top moved forward 1/2" past first set of nosewheel blind

Comment

• Wow, congrats rcairmark on the successful maiden and great landing too! I believe that is the first Roban A-10 flight I've seen on video, at least on this site. Smart for doing those mods or it may not have been a success. Here's to many more! Cheers!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Rcairmark, excellent job, great to see one flying at last, nice landing!
                                  Mine has sat half finished for the last year, both Roban A10 threads went quiet,
                                  seems everyone lost interest!

Comment

• Can anyone identify this A10 maker.... Same size as small Skymaster A10 but Skymaster wings different. ..... Slightly larger than Roban...wong splits in same place! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8480.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	379650

Comment

Working...
                                    X