Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELECTRON Er40 evo set of 3 with controller around £400 or $520, they are better in my opinion than the down and locked conversion, one piece frame and just stronger in every way, the motors drive a square acme thread, not an ordinary screw thread.

Comment

• BUT.... modifications to woodwork needed, down and locked fit straight in. I'm in UK so was too costly with shipping for D&L conversion. Not changed springs.

Comment

• Reeper - Did you get new one at discount price?

Comment

• Reaper, man im so sorry to see that happened. i can't believe you're starting a new one. i didn't see a video, how long did it actually fly before it came apart and were you just in straight and level flight when it came apart or were you seeing if she was yank and bank capable, this has me rethinking my mod but im still inclined to think with the new dpar and foam will hold up. what do you think Reaper? should i try mine as is or does it have to be opened up?

Comment

• Definitely has to be opened 100% i was clean and level ...go on you tube and look at steven reeps roban a10 ...it just folded i was 30 seconds in maybe and she was flying amazing....I already am working on the new spar system

Comment

• The area between the spar sleeves is where it breaks
              firing out with 3/16 and then 1/8th to connect all ..then adding a carbon 20mm spar all the way across into wings..and adding 2 ribs also beefing up gear mounts Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_173614.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	286102Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_173434.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	286103

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeper38 View Post
                The area between the spar sleeves is where it breaks
                firing out with 3/16 and then 1/8th to connect all ..then adding a carbon 20mm spar all the way across into wings..and adding 2 ribs also beefing up gear mounts Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_173614.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	286102Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_173434.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	286103
                did u add the carbon tube through the center section like we talked about the first time, what exactly did you do on the center section on the first model, and once again im terribly sorry about your first model, it made me sick for you when i logged on. i was checking in just to see if you had done the maiden yet. if you don't mind i i may give you a call this evening after work, i want to hear all the details

Comment

• I just added carbon instead of the aluminum tubes and fused the wings together yeah just call me later

Comment

• And no I didn't do the center of the first one I didn't know that was where it was breaking I thought it was where the wings join..

Comment

• Did you watch the vid...go to steven reeps roban a10 on you tube you will see a red bae hawk and the a10 at the begging

Comment

• i couldn't find the video, if you can post a link to it, but I'll definitely call you this eve

Comment

• ive tried to find the video but i cant, i typed exactly what you said

Comment

• Type in roban v1 wing failure and see what happens...the vid is sideways

Comment

• just watched it, that's crazy, i know a guy who has built and flown two of these V1's stock with no mods at all. he flies it scale like but i didn't see anything you did in that flight that put any real stress on that airframe.

Comment

• Here's the video... Man that just sucks! No yank and banking...Just flat out wing support failure on straight and level.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Its ok i learned and the second one will be an amazing plane..built strong

Comment

• Yeah I was being really gentle on my turns and rubbering it around and leveled out and boom ...once i saw what the inside of the center section looked like i knew what was wrong..the shear webbing isn't even close to strong enough for 30lbs ...I spoke with the roban man at motion and he said do a layer of glass on the leading and trailing edges also...and jinx its a matter of time before theres blows apart too if they dont fix it now

Comment

• And jinx there is absolutely no difference in the v1 or v2 when it comes to the plane itself...the only diff. Is the steel pins in the gear which are still trash ..so the struts definitely need stiffer springs and new motors...im using bvm air retracts on this next one

Comment

• Actually the retracts are robart and the valves and tubing is from bvm...also I will be building this one then doing all the paint and scale bits after a couple flights...haha I spent a week painting the last one just for it to blow up in 30 seconds....so my het motors made it...so im just going to send them back to Gary at efflux for another set of jet fan pros

Comment

• I am new to the forum. Does the A-10 V2 still require all the special glass and glue in the wing and fuse.?? Details Please..

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X