Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know what ima do for the elevator this time around...ill probably figure out how to make a new mechanism for a single ultra torque hv mg like savox ...I had used the thing wing servos from spektrum the expensive ones last time but 2 of them got ruined in the last crash so I figured I still had the 2 for rudders and I might try something diff

Comment

• Also added these formers over the wing connector plate...all the had was it attached to the skin...it isn't tied to structure so the heavier the plane gets the more u need that strengthened Click image for larger version

Name:	20201122_071637.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	289346

Comment

• Skytrak mine is at 2125g with the retracts and strut and wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeper38 View Post
          Also added these formers over the wing connector plate...all the had was it attached to the skin...it isn't tied to structure so the heavier the plane gets the more u need that strengthened Click image for larger version

Name:	20201122_071637.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	289346
          Yeah, I knew about the wing connector plate from a guys post in the RCgroups forum. I like your first elevator setup. I think that's the way im going. I already have two servos that will work that I had in a sailplane. I'll use those in the rudders since they really don't need a ton of torque. I'll use the new ones I bought for the elevator halves. I really wish I could afford to buy one of the reduced price airframes Motion is selling. Im thinking about buying one anyway and kinda force it into my budget. As much money and work I've got into this project I'd hate to not be able to rebuild it if I had an incident

Comment

• Yeah im not going to have a extra if this one doesn't make it theres no way im doing 3...2 is enough ...haha if u do all the mods its gunna be tuff ..if something happens itll be pilot error and I can live with that...im getting my next 2 ready I'm doing the ace composite j-10 3d vt with kingtech 210

Comment

• I came across something pretty cool today, im sure everyone knows what it is, im doing some work for a guy and his father actually worked for Boeing in the 60's and 70's and was a involved in the development of the F 117 and the B 2 bomber. He had all kinds of cool stuff. He even had his father's flight jacket that had all the patches on it. I would have offered to buy it if I didn't think it would have offended him. He gave me this patch after seeing my enthusiasm over the collection. How cool would it be to have been a part of the Skunk Works team. Its going on my TX case

Comment

• Reeper - Electron 40evo’s and main struts 700g so total weight of my centre section 1800g without servos or flaps.
                will be very similar weight to yours when done, not progressing very fast, too many other things delaying hobby stuff 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by Skytrakvideo View Post
                  Reeper - Electron 40evo’s and main struts 700g so total weight of my centre section 1800g without servos or flaps.
                  will be very similar weight to yours when done, not progressing very fast, too many other things delaying hobby stuff 🙄
                  Skytrak, what were those ply plates you had cut for, i saw them when you had them on the scale, im just curious what you used them for. I haven't cut mine open yet, im still afraid im going to tear up the skin because I've already hit all the glue joints I could reach a long time ago

Comment

• Jink - photo in #227

I put the ply forners in the middle, level with fuselage, there was nothing in the middle to support the new carbon tubes. Even if you have glued a tube in already you could add something similar, added a lot of strength!
                    I scanned them before fitting and saved as an A4 file, I can attach template file for cutting if you want to download it.

The two 10mm tubes I put in the front was easy and worth doing, with a 1/8" ply shear web between them.

Comment

• I suggest applying some epoxy resin on most ply structure in the fuselage, engine nacelle, wings components. Any question on your build call me at Motion RC - Ed 224-633-9090.

Comment

• Thanks ed after speaking with u on the phone thats what I did I actually added 1 layer of 1 oz cloth everywhere fuse included..im not playing this time around..this one won't fold ...haha

Comment

• Does anyone know what and where I can get stronger springs for the mains and nose struts

Comment

• Originally posted by eawings View Post
                            I suggest applying some epoxy resin on most ply structure in the fuselage, engine nacelle, wings components. Any question on your build call me at Motion RC - Ed 224-633-9090.

Thank you, I have already glassed the joint where the fuse halves meet and hysoled every joint on ever former that i could reach and im bolting and hysoling the nacelles on and filling and glossing and feathering them into the fuse for a more scale look. Im adding alot of scale detail to mine including wing tip detail and the control surface detail on flaps and rudders. Imgoing to take my time and make it as scale as I possibly can. Do yall still have airframes for sale?

Comment

• Air tank and fill valve and gauge secure Click image for larger version

Name:	20201211_145533.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	289900Click image for larger version

Name:	20201211_145547.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	289901Click image for larger version

Name:	20201211_145557.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	289902

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6999.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	289934 Lol, I found this today when I was cleaning out my desk. The little squirt in the pic is me around 42 yrs ago

Comment

• I would have given my right pinkie toe to have that airplane at that age.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    I would have given my right pinkie toe to have that airplane at that age.
                                    Lol, so would have I, its pretty obvious how exited I was, that was my father's, thats a Cox .049 Sportavia from Sears out of the Christmas catalog. Two channel, no throttle, just rudder and elevator. Thats how we got into the hobby. Every year my mom would buy my dad an airplane. Then we would go out and tear it up the first flight. There was no RC club in our town at the time. After about 5 years of tearing up jinky airplanes the club formed and we joined. My father finally got a decent airplane, a PT 40 trainer. I was around 10, thats when I started learning how to fly. Now we lost our field and our club is all but disbanded. Luckily I have a friend who flies and he lives on a farm. If not for him I don't know where I could fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Skytrakvideo View Post
                                      Jink - photo in #227

I put the ply forners in the middle, level with fuselage, there was nothing in the middle to support the new carbon tubes. Even if you have glued a tube in already you could add something similar, added a lot of strength!
                                      I scanned them before fitting and saved as an A4 file, I can attach template file for cutting if you want to download it.

The two 10mm tubes I put in the front was easy and worth doing, with a 1/8" ply shear web between them.

Skytrak, do you have a pic of them installed, im not sure i understand exactly how you installed them, im just trying to weigh all my options before I perform surgery on my center section, thanks

Comment

• Jink,

Cutting the centre open underneath is the easy option as less cosmetic repairs are needed, I just left a 20mm edge all around, to close it up afterwards I'll glue a balsa or thin ply strip around then glue the cutout piece back in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201212_171814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	290059Click image for larger version  Name:	20201212_171503.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	290061Click image for larger version  Name:	20201118_192103.jpg Views:	0 Size:	182.0 KB ID:	290062Click image for larger version  Name:	20201109_195602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	290063 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201212_171553.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	290080Click image for larger version  Name:	20201212_171648.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	290079
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I still need to add a piece of ply and epoxy/cloth to strengthen the part that attaches wing to fuselage.
                                          with the long nozzle glue gun I was able to re glue probably 80% of the internal structure of the entire wing, all 3 sections, including beads of glue around the plywood landing gear mount.

Comment

Working...
                                          X