Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone flown this with the factory suggested 3 3/4" cg? I'm using the xicoy machine and just want to make sure thats right before I maiden mine tomorrow

Comment

• Today is the day the warthog is fully rebuilt better than ever...x2 jetfan pro 120mm with het 590kv motors.
      putting in a whopping 33lbs of static thrust and I dropped the weight from 32.5 lbs down to 29.5lbs..... I pray 🙏 everything goes right today winds are 5-12mph Click image for larger version

Name:	16041452277123407532765085754807.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	283420

Comment

• Well complete failure on maiden ..before anyone else crashes get in contact with me I know exactly what needs to be done know to reinforce the wing it definitely had everything to do with the center wing section...it needs to be opened up and a spar put through it and filled with foam for sure....hey jinkx u where right...haha but other than that if you guys fix that you will have a great flyer ...she was smooth and easy to fly for the spilt darn second Click image for larger version

Name:	26711.jpeg
Views:	681
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	283444Click image for larger version

Name:	26716.jpeg
Views:	631
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	283445Click image for larger version

Name:	26715.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	283446Click image for larger version

Name:	26714.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	283447Click image for larger version

Name:	26710.jpeg
Views:	604
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	283448

Comment

• The vid...

Comment

• Reeper38 That is just a pitiful photo of the crash site demise of your efforts and large expense.
            When this thread was first introduced In April I was pretty active trying to get the authoritative word from Motion to confirm/deny the structural/fan issues that plagued this model for five yrs prior to Motions dealer acquistion.
            After Alpha's post #32 in early April(concerning wing structure) and no response on my question in post #35 about ChangeSun fans I just sorta lurked in silence on the sidelines.
            Your posts #165 on the fans catastrophe and todays wing failure posting has squarely confirmed my concerns about this Roban model and am now resolute in avoiding this one.
            Ironically, even if I wanted to buy the v2 ??? , the product page has mysteriously disappeared from the MRC website.
            Regards,
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Reeper
              I am sick to my stomach! So sorry things didn’t work out!
              hopefully you were able to salvage the fans and the other components.
              I actually sold mine to a friend. I wasn’t real comfortable with the track record of this airplane.
              hopefully he could get it working as I would like to keep him as a friend.
              hopefully you can get a refund and move up to the skymaster.

Comment

• Having seen the sad photos of Reepers A10 demise I've cut open the centre section of my VERSION 2, or at least that's what I paid for from Motion earlier this year!
                I don't see any difference to other photos posted on the forums, it's made of cardboard!!! No glue at all on some parts.
                My airframe is numbered 24 so I'm guessing it's NOT a version 2???

Comment

• Odd spots of hysol glue you can see are from me adding glue to other ribs with a long stick before I decided to cut open the centre.

Comment

• Looking at Reepers photos the wings broke clean off next to the fuselage, looking at this photo, no wonder, just a thin ply rib with very little glue!

Comment

• Skytrak your absolutely right thats where it broke..I have a new one coming and will build it right...stay tuned haha...ill log the entire build this time...make sure u glass the leading edge and trailing edge of the whole wing...then what im going too do is is run 2 carbon spars from wing tip to wing tip with webbing the epoxy everything together then fill it with foam...then shave out the servo pockets....its alot of work but it will be worth it ...also add internal structure to the fuse ..I ran horizontal balsa sticks mid. And sides down the whole fuse then a plate to connect the sides then added epoxy over em..Click image for larger version

Name:	20200812_181430.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	285466Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_001520.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	285467

Comment

• Alright round 2 begin....every one please pray for a successful build....haha after no.2 ill definitely have had spent enough to get a bvm or skymaster w/turbines Click image for larger version

Name:	20201113_163002.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	285663

Comment

• And this is where she's getting opened up...need too add bigger plates for gear and block it out so it connects to ribs and upper skin and install new blind nuts for air retracts...from my newly crashed pc21 then adding 2 carbon spars and sheer webbing all the way through ..this time I will show the full build from beginning to end Click image for larger version

Name:	20201113_163800.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	285665

Comment

• Reeper - That’s what this hobby is about, perseverance, the RC bug certainly munches
                            away at the wallet once it gets in there ha ha!
                            Where did you buy the new one (V2?) not seen any since Motion took it off their website!

Comment

• Motion have to ask

Comment

• Trial fitting carbon tubes 93g per 1000mm
                                Attached Files

Comment

• I admire your tenacity! Much better luck with this one!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks u should cut out the sheer webbing and continue the main spar also ..imo that right where mine broke .also the roban guy said to layer cloth on the leading and trailing edges...im opening all of it wing tips included..im making damn sure this one dont break..and im going to make it top gun scale ...I like the retracts how hard to mount and what struts u useing?

Comment

• using? Those 18 or 20mm o.d. tubes

Comment

• 20mm OD 1mm wall, retracts are Electron 40evo, ordered them with 11mm trunnion for front and 12.7mm for mains, original struts fit nicely, front needed woodwork mods but mains needed very little, changed T nuts from 3mm to 4mm and put plenty Hysol glue around internal edges.

Comment

• How much where the evos? I'm probably going to send these to mitch and have them rebuilt...did u change the springs

Comment

Working...
                                          X