Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if any flights have been initiated from a grass runway?

Comment

Shipping notice received just over 1 hour after ordering. Expected next Friday, but I have a feeling it will get here sooner.
      Pat

Comment

Just got my shipping notice as well. Geez that was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
          Just got my shipping notice as well. Geez that was fast.
          What is your estimated delivery date?
          Pat

Comment

The email says next Friday, but the FedEx site hasn’t updated yet. Typically in the past motion’s estimate has been much further out than FedExs reality. Based on previous orders I should have it within 3 days.

Comment

And FedEx just updated. Confirmed to arrive this Friday, April 8th.

Comment

I've been losing interest in flying, this did the trick. ordered right away. love the no promo launch method too.

Gravy

Comment

This one was a shock, my buddy Gravy told me about it this morning, I sold all my EDF jets except my HSD 120mm T-33 so I wasn't expecting to buy anymore, but this one is outstanding, time to get some funds together before they sell out....

Comment

I just ordered one. Total surprise when I looked on line this morning. I was born nearby Whiteman AFB when my dad was flying B-47s with SAC in the 1950s. I think he would be amazed and proud how far strategic bombers had come since his day. I'm looking forward to getting this new airplane!

Comment

Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
                      And FedEx just updated. Confirmed to arrive this Friday, April 8th.
                      Yep, mine is also updated to this Friday as well.
                      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post
                        Wonder if any flights have been initiated from a grass runway?
                        Hoping the 700ft grass runway at my field will be enough

Comment

Wonder how long till sun gators it up bad. Twin 80s would’ve been the ticket but .the price is already obscene.

Comment

Thank you MRC for the next addition to my hanger.

Comment

Wow! This is how you keep a secret. BIG benefit ............................................. Keeps the trolls and haters and nutbags away during a long "pre-order" period. Well, we'll see most them on the other forum.
                              GOOD JOB, MOTIONRC/FREEWING!

Comment

I think the power system selected should be perfect, this is not a large aircraft except in wing span. Maybe the more powerful 70's that FW has in the Vulcan and HP F-16 and F-35 would better suit you?

Gatoring can happen on anything, you just need to take care of the plane.

I think this is just about perfect, well done FW!

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                Wonder how long till sun gators it up bad. Twin 80s would’ve been the ticket but .the price is already obscene.

Comment

I was so pleased when I found out about this model...I had the LX version years back and I remember thinking "Man, I wish Freewing would make one. It would blow away this LX version." Fast forward a few years and here we are! Just need to find the right paved runway for her and I will be snagging it!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    I think the power system selected should be perfect, this is not a large aircraft except in wing span. Maybe the more powerful 70's that FW has in the Vulcan and HP F-16 and F-35 would better suit you?

Gatoring can happen on anything, you just need to take care of the plane.

I think this is just about perfect, well done FW!
                                    Agreed! It's not like this one is "jet black" like the LX SR-71. A couple of coats of Minwax ought to minimize the gatoring.

Comment

I wonder if this means SR-71 in the future? The LX B-2 and SR flew well with upgraded power systems, Only this that kept killing my B-2 was the LG. The EPS is what stopped me from flying and eventually selling my SR.
                                      Can't wait to get this B-2 in my hands.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                        I've been losing interest in flying, this did the trick. ordered right away. love the no promo launch method too.

Gravy
                                        Thanks, Gravy. After the PJ50, we thought the "no promo launch method" was ideal for the B2. Especially fitting, for a stealth aircraft. A bit of"Shock and Awe" to keep us all on our toes. One never truly knows what's coming next from Motion RC.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Wow! This is how you keep a secret.
                                        OPSEC matters!

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                        Wonder how long till sun gators it up bad. Twin 80s would’ve been the ticket
                                        The B2 uses the same tones as the F-35, so it shouldn't be too different from the normal precautions we all take with our darker gray foam planes.

80mm was way too heavy for this size airplane (which is already at the maximum a box size can be without further tripling in shipping cost). We had experimented with a single 80mm setup on a bifurcated ducting, but the efficiency fell through the floor.

Ultimately, the twin 70mm inrunner fits perfectly into the 2.2m wingspan. The bird has plenty of power for non-scale maneuvers at higher throttle settings and for scale crusing at lower throttle settings. I think we hit the sweet spot for most pilots. With so many birds shipping to customers today, we'll know soon enough.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Great job MRC!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X