X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primodus22 View Post
    Resolved. Thanks James. New issue on the other thread. Didn’t realize you were on both.
    Im all over. crxmanpat answered you on the other, and he's correct. Remove the long plate on the underside of the wing and manipulate the control lengths by removing the linkage from the ball link and twisting to desired length,

Comment

• That transport packaging may need a zippered ballistic nylon case with handle to really top it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I think more went into the design of the shipping box than the plane itself. It looks spectacular.
        Put a radio and motor on it and see if it can fly. (Lawnmowers and doghouses can, after all.)

Comment

• How come people are talking about a "V" stabilizer. To me, that's a "V-tail", like on the EPP Eagle. It's a single vertical clear piece of plastic, in the middle at the end of the plane. Why are they calling it a "V"?

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Put a radio and motor on it and see if it can fly. (Lawnmowers and doghouses can, after all.)
            You can make anything "fly" if you put enough juice into it. Yeah, I've seen Dieffenbach's creations. I had his flying man and a large flying Victoria Secret angel and I've got his small sized flying woman on the table now. He made a flying Dumbo out of two beer coolers when I made the suggestion to him. He's got a flying Tardis (which is basically a large box) and a witch on a broomstick. That's just to name a few. Flite Test have made boxes fly. But to make this B-2 box fly would just be a waste of a terrific carrying case.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              How come people are talking about a "V" stabilizer. To me, that's a "V-tail", like on the EPP Eagle. It's a single vertical clear piece of plastic, in the middle at the end of the plane. Why are they calling it a "V"?
              V is for Vertical. Because it isn’t a rudder.

Comment

• Is this something that will get landing braces for the main or is it good enough the wahy it is. Most my aircraft have wildvortex's gear braces and I like them.

Comment

• I just wanted to say that I woke up Tuesday morning...still in bed, grab the phone to look at notifications...see the B-2 email...eyes are still adjusting...I see 86" wingspan...my eyes immediately jump fully open....scroll down...see a lot of cool features....and then get to bottom where it says shipping today....I proceed to jump out of bed and run downstairs and simply ordered it.

I received it today...put it together...lowered the gear...and just sat and looked at it for like 15 min until I got a low voltage alarm on my radio from my half dead LiFe pack I was using.

Such a great plane...I cannot wait to fly it....I appreciate all of the "firsts" Great job motion! Definitely raising the bar with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                    Is this something that will get landing braces for the main or is it good enough the wahy it is. Most my aircraft have wildvortex's gear braces and I like them.
                    It's been mentioned that a not so perfect landing can result in a bad bounce(s). I suppose it depends on what kind of bounce happens on a bad landing. Perhaps those who have flown it can elaborate more on this "bounce".

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Why do you think yours will be better than the stock gyro?
                      Because I have had issues with these control boxes in the past. Not worth loosing a planes because of a 30 dollar piece that may fail. Also the built in becs often are not adequate as I have experience in the past.

Comment

• Flying the NEW B-2 into the angry skies over Utah

Get yours here while they’re still in stock!
                        B-2 Spirit Bomber Twin 70mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31711P Fly the ultimate RC jet by Motion RC! The Freewing B-2 Stealth Spirit Bomber's impressive 2200mm (7.2 foot) wingspan and twin 70mm inrunner EDFs deliver the size, presence, and performance of a world class model aircraft. Featuring accurately functionin

Comment

• Very cool release. Having watched a couple videos though, I can see this thing should have a return to home button(ha ha..), because it looks like it will be easy to lose orientation, and I’m sure some will be lost for precisely that reason…

Comment

• Originally posted by Herrsavage View Post
                            Very cool release. Having watched a couple videos though, I can see this thing should have a return to home button(ha ha..), because it looks like it will be easy to lose orientation, and I’m sure some will be lost for precisely that reason…
                            Interesting idea. I wonder how long before someone installs something like the zohd copilot flight controller in one?

Comment

• A RTH device is generally also a stabilization device (ie. gyro). You would have to remove the stock gyro because hooking up another gyro in series would create some unmanageable conditions. Since the stock E52 gyro also contributes to the working of the drag rudders, replacing it would likely require some skill and insight into what exactly the stock gyro does regarding those rudders. It would create a possible nightmare that not many owners would welcome. It might just be far better to pay closer attention when flying it and not let it get further than you can visualize. Or paint large pink stripes all over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Compmitch View Post

Because I have had issues with these control boxes in the past. Not worth loosing a planes because of a 30 dollar piece that may fail. Also the built in becs often are not adequate as I have experience in the past.
                                From the specs, the PNP has a separate 8A UBEC stock.

Comment

• My thinking on watching those videos was, yeah, you are going to have to pay extra attention to keep orientation on this thing… But also, people will almost certainly crash this thing from losing orientation… Unless, just like you say, they paint big pink or orange stripes all over it ha ha…

Comment

• I think crashes will happen because some people fly it the way it WASN’T intended as was stated by one of the fellows who got this plane a year ago for testing. Or by those who overestimate their skill level. I’m not pointing any fingers as I’m guilty of that myself from time to time.
                                    Having flown the also very large all black X8 wing, orientation wasn’t the problem. These things are shaped like a gigantic arrow head. The single pointy end is the front. The jagged pointy bits would be the back. If you can’t see that, I think maybe a visit to the eye doctor is in order. And if you ever wonder if it’s right side up or upside down, that means you missed this giant fat arrow head rolling over. You may then need an eye surgeon. Bright pink duct tape is a last resort. But then, the purists and the scale police will suspend your flying privileges.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2772A1D4-098E-4E06-9D04-21A4B2E2FE4E.png
Views:	660
Size:	660.8 KB
ID:	342038 Beautiful shot from my maiden flight with the Spirit

Comment

• My maiden flight on the test and eval bird last April here in Utah.

Comment

• Three issues with your statements. This has a control box that not only makes wiring easier like the other blue boxes on FW aircraft but also does all the mixing for elevons and drag brakes plus (maybe) the retracts sequencing. The gyro is separate item. And as noted this aircraft has separate ESCs and UBEC.

If you are thinking of bypassing the control box you really need to make sure you can duplicate all the mixing in some way, say through your TX.

Originally posted by Compmitch View Post

Comment

Working...
                                          X