• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr D View Post

Trailing Edge Up?
    Yes.
    Pat

Comment

• Those single wires confused me at first as well, but then I remembered that all single wire plugs are signal only. Seems like they took a roll or servo wire and just separated the wires into single strands. Instead of using just the yellow wire, they use them all to prevent waste.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
        And….Much appreciated.

I see the opportunity for a note regarding this in the next rev of the manual. First-time gyro users (like me) would benefit from a simple note.

I was thinking the single brown wire had to go to the “-“ side of the RX connectors like it ALWAYS does.

A LEARNING MOMENT!

-GG
        There's a chamfer on the plug and normally the slots in the receiver are shaped to receive them the correct way (they certainly are in Spektrum Rx's). Of course, brute force can insert them the wrong way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
          Those single wires confused me at first as well, but then I remembered that all single wire plugs are signal only. Seems like they took a roll or servo wire and just separated the wires into single strands. Instead of using just the yellow wire, they use them all to prevent waste.
          It looks very much like they have used the color scheme of the HobbyEagle A3S3, where AER have separate single wire plugs at the receiver end, all ending up in a single 3 pin plug at the gyro end with conventional YRB coloring. Saves slots at the gyro end that way and also allows the user to keep track of which is which (Y= Ail, R = Ele, B = Rudder). Pic of A3S3 lead attached, for comparison with the Freewing E52 lead that confused you.

In fact, as previously noted, the entire gyro has remarkable family resemblance to the HobbyEagles, right down to the pictures in the manual.

Compare the descriptions:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...rol-system-e52

https://www.motionrc.com/collections/rc-airplane-gyros-and-flight-stabilizers/products/eagle-a3-super-3-standard-edition-6-axis-airplane-gyro-with-programming-card-hea3s3fs

My *speculation* is that the E52 bears the same relationship to the HobbyEagles as Admiral receivers do to Lemons.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Well this B2 release is just what I needed. Just two weeks ago I was thinking of selling out of the hobby. Just bored and tired of same old same old.
            I have 6 projects to get on and lost all motivation.
            Well since the B2 announcement and my immediate purchase, the bug is bitting again. So while I wait until Monday when The B2 gets here and my 500 UH-1N is waiting on parts, I pulled out two of my projects. Both should be done by next weekend. First my YF-23 that I stripped until I got better power system. Bought the new 70mm setup for it a year ago. Same ones in the B2. Next is my combat wing that’s been sting waiting for covering for 4 months now.

So thanks for breathing some new life into the hobby for me.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

There's a chamfer on the plug and normally the slots in the receiver are shaped to receive them the correct way (they certainly are in Spektrum Rx's). Of course, brute force can insert them the wrong way around.
              Would have been nice if my RX WS that way. But it will accept a plug any way you put it in.

I still vote for a note added to the manual for folks new to gyros.

Got all the throws proper and checked that the rudder action driven by the gyro is correct.

Gonna add RF chokes to the ESC wires and she’ll be ready. Just in time for several days of forecasted strong winds. Gotta love spring winds.

-GG

Comment

• Ok, your thoughts, please, on this part of the B-2 setup manual. If I’m reading this correctly it says that if either the elevator or aileron servos are reversed you are supposed to change the servo plugs or jumpers on the control board.

In my case, with aileron, elevator, and rudder all set to the “normal” position in the radio, all three are reversed; ailerons, elevator, and rudder. What would be the problem with simply reversing the servo direction in the radio? I’ve done it and it all appears to be working perfectly fine with all surfaces moving in the correct direction, but I am concerned about how it says to do it in the manual.

Attached Files

Comment

• Does the gyro adjust in the correct way? If yes then you good if not then you need to correct it per the manual. If holding the nose pointing to you you tilt the back of the wing up, the elevens should point up, if riling to your left the elevens on your right should point up. If keeping flat and rock the wing to the left the right rudder should open more. Again that all holding the B2 in front of you with the nose pointing at your belly.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Duck View Post
                    Ok, your thoughts, please, on this part of the B-2 setup manual. If I’m reading this correctly it says that if either the elevator or aileron servos are reversed you are supposed to change the servo plugs or jumpers on the control board.

In my case, with aileron, elevator, and rudder all set to the “normal” position in the radio, all three are reversed; ailerons, elevator, and rudder. What would be the problem with simply reversing the servo direction in the radio? I’ve done it and it all appears to be working perfectly fine with all surfaces moving in the correct direction, but I am concerned about how it says to do it in the manual.
                    Test and check all gyro response directions. It is possible that by reversing in the radio, you may have made the servo travel correct but you may have also reversed the gyro correction direction. If this happened and you don't catch it, the plane will gyro itself into the ground. Imagine this: A gyro is supposed to correct an undesirable movement by moving the control surface in the opposite direction. Now, if the gyro compensation is reversed, it will try to correct the undesirable movement by moving the control surface in the SAME direction. Eg, if the the plane has an undesirable roll to the right, the gyro will make it go to the right even more. The more to the right it rolls, the more to the right it will continue to roll. It will corkscrew itself into the ground. The sticks may be correct but the gyro may be wrong. It seems FW does NOT want you to correct in the TX. This may be the reason why.

Comment

• Another bonus...setting it up on the bench....I realized it's the same livery as the one on my wall...nice. Spirit of Missouri
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0751.jpeg
Views:	711
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	342169Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0752.jpeg
Views:	689
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	342170

Might need to call up Callie can get some Fire&Ice Spirit of Ohio decals made up...

Comment

• Ok, after just watching the "Live" show, I'm in.

Ordered!

Comment

• So got my B2, got it put together. One of the elevons stopped working. Then rudders stopped but came back. I'm sure it's a control box issue. That is why I prefer connecting straight to the receiver.

Comment

I see the opportunity for a note regarding this in the next rev of the manual. First-time gyro users (like me) would benefit from a simple note. I was thinking the single brown wire had to go to the “-“ side of the RX connectors like it ALWAYS does.
                            GliderGuy Please send me a PM at your convenience to remind me of this (with a detailed description) and I will be happy to add it to the latest version of the online owner's manual next week.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• My dad painted the fire and ice nose art. ;) i plan to do av1 :)

Comment

I may have a factory wiring issue….please look at yours.

The photo shows the A, E, R connections for the RX.

Shouldn’t ELEVATOR red go to the center pin?

When I plug it up and bind the RX, it starts out with normally open clam shells. But, when the gyro locks up… the left clams go fully open and right clams go fully closed.

If I disconnect A, E, R from RX, the clams stay normally partially open after the gyro locks up.

Gyro light is blinking blue with A, E, R not connected to RX which makes sense

Thanks!

Edit: I had a spare connector. Wired the plane’s elevator to the new connected red wire. Now the clams stay normal when the gyro locks up, but I have no E, R, or A function. Gyro stays blue flashing.

I only have 6 RX function slots and a 7th for connecting the BEC to RX. So, I have the plane’s MODE connector open.

-GG

Click image for larger version Name:	558FC379-B8E2-40F3-9A2B-16A6142CC8A6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	342139
                                I had a similar issue and my aileron function was revrsed. so when i followed the instructions and reversed the connections on the board, it corrected the same issue you have. However i'm still having some issues i believe related to the circuit board

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  Three issues with your statements. This has a control box that not only makes wiring easier like the other blue boxes on FW aircraft but also does all the mixing for elevons and drag brakes plus (maybe) the retracts sequencing. The gyro is separate item. And as noted this aircraft has separate ESCs and UBEC.

If you are thinking of bypassing the control box you really need to make sure you can duplicate all the mixing in some way, say through your TX.

I already have a surface that stopped moving. Tested the servos and it works fine. The rudders also stopped working temporarely so here I am with the issue i mentioned. I've been in contact with motion, waiting for a reply. Hopefully this will be resolved, it's a beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Test and check all gyro response directions. It is possible that by reversing in the radio, you may have made the servo travel correct but you may have also reversed the gyro correction direction. If this happened and you don't catch it, the plane will gyro itself into the ground. Imagine this: A gyro is supposed to correct an undesirable movement by moving the control surface in the opposite direction. Now, if the gyro compensation is reversed, it will try to correct the undesirable movement by moving the control surface in the SAME direction. Eg, if the the plane has an undesirable roll to the right, the gyro will make it go to the right even more. The more to the right it rolls, the more to the right it will continue to roll. It will corkscrew itself into the ground. The sticks may be correct but the gyro may be wrong. It seems FW does NOT want you to correct in the TX. This may be the reason why.
                                    Thanks XViper, yes, what a great reason to use the control board to do the reversing instead, you’re exactly right, but I failed to mention that the gyro is moving in the correct direction with the radio-reversed servos as well. 🙏

Comment

• Originally posted by djmoose View Post
                                      Another bonus...setting it up on the bench....I realized it's the same livery as the one on my wall...nice. Spirit of Missouri
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0751.jpeg Views:	76 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	342169Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0752.jpeg Views:	74 Size:	95.0 KB ID:	342170

Might need to call up Callie can get some Fire&Ice Spirit of Ohio decals made up...
                                      Just to let you know, I have already contacted her about having “Spirit of Missouri” decals created instead of the “incorrect” Spirit of America “ decals that came with the B-2. I live in Missouri and have been to Whitman AFB where they keep many of the B-2’s and u want mine to have corrected livery. In any case Callie is incredible and they should be able to make your Spirit of Ohio decals with no problem. That’ll look nice!

BTW, love your B-2 illustration on the wall! Would you mind taking a photo close up of the wording at the bottom? I’d like to read what it says. Thanks!

Comment

• I just received mine today, but due to temporary RC ban in the country its staying in the box. just enjoying to see people maiden this and I cant wait to do it my self. 2 months of RC ban here is just pure pain with this perfect weather. In summer is 55C° so its impossible to fly anything. 😭

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Duck View Post

Just to let you know, I have already contacted her about having “Spirit of Missouri” decals created instead of the “incorrect” Spirit of America “ decals that came with the B-2. I live in Missouri and have been to Whitman AFB where they keep many of the B-2’s and u want mine to have corrected livery. In any case Callie is incredible and they should be able to make your Spirit of Ohio decals with no problem. That’ll look nice!

BTW, love your B-2 illustration on the wall! Would you mind taking a photo close up of the wording at the bottom? I’d like to read what it says. Thanks!
                                          Mud, go to the link for the print at Squadron Prints. The text is included below the print example.

https://www.squadronprints.com/item/...2A-Spirit.html
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X