Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today alone at RC Guppy ............................ 8 pages dealing with price. Entertaining as heck but really, 8 pages worth in one day? Geez, buy the thing or don't buy the thing. Why do people need to spend so much time at the keyboard to say that they won't buy it? The pandemic is nearly over. Got out and do something with your lives. Someone said earlier today that's there's only 8 left. Probably much less than that now. If these guys keep giving reasons why they won't buy it, there won't be any left to NOT buy. One way to make the "oozing" stop.

Comment

So what's YOUR point?

Comment

Whelp, I bought it.

I saw that there were only 3 left in stock () and bit the bullet

Comment

Ordered as soon as I saw it. Had six left when I punched the button and now only two. Fast sell out!
          I watched the CARF turbine one fly several times and wanted it but too expensive. Now for the fun to begin!

Comment

And that's all she wrote, all gone!! Obviously no one wanted this release!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

As of 00:28 GMT time, it is GONE. Out of stock!

Comment

Based on the pic James put in Post 2, they had at least 93 of these available. That's a lot of planes sold in 12 hours!
                Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Based on the pic James put in Post 2, they had at least 93 of these available. That's a lot of planes sold in 12 hours!
                  We had an inventory glitch in the USA. Its fixed now. We had two separate shipments which arrived and the first batch went out of stock. We had to put the second batch in stock. They are here and in stock. When I say batch, I actually mean shipment. They are all from the same production run. All identical. I don't want anyone to think different batches exist with differences between batches (they don't). lol. They just arrived at a different time. 😅BTW, that pic James posted is Motion RC's European warehouse in the Netherlands.

Comment

Ordered, est. April 9th EU stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      So what's YOUR point?
                      I suppose if you don't see any of the points, explaining it won't matter much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

We had an inventory glitch in the USA. Its fixed now. We had two separate shipments which arrived and the first batch went out of stock. We had to put the second batch in stock. They are here and in stock. When I say batch, I actually mean shipment. They are all from the same production run. All identical. I don't want anyone to think different batches exist with differences between batches (they don't). lol. They just arrived at a different time. 😅BTW, that pic James posted is Motion RC's European warehouse in the Netherlands.
                        Thanks for the update

Comment

I noticed the tires on the mains are angled opposite of the real aircraft. Were they installed backwards on the model? Or is this an intentional design choice?

Comment

This one had me at hello. I bought it before finishing the description. I saw 7' wingspan twin EDF B2.... and blacked out. I awoke with an order confirmation.
                            Thanks for doing awesome stuff Freewing and MotionRC!

Comment

Originally posted by cg7060 View Post
                              I noticed the tires on the mains are angled opposite of the real aircraft. Were they installed backwards on the model? Or is this an intentional design choice?
                              I have no insight as to the actual design team's work but looking at the real B-2 as it takes off, it's plain to see that as the retract cycle begins, those wheels are pulled into the angle where the front tires angle up before the whole assembly stuffs itself into the gear bay. To do that on the model would require a second mechanism, probably another servo (or spring loaded lever) to pull the wheels into that position before the whole thing goes into the bay. For simplicity, I can see why they just started off in that angle.
                              You might also notice that on the real B-2, there are 2 doors that open over each nacelle to let in more air when the plane is going slow as in take off and landings. To do that on the model would also require another set of servos. More scale-ness, usually means more complexity and more money. I'm sure if we inspect more carefully of each, there will be more things that aren't quite like the real thing.
                              (We don't seem to mind terribly much about those "optional" clear vertical fins. This is a simple solution to a problem that the real plane needs a whole bank of computers to fix.)

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                I suppose if you don't see any of the points, explaining it won't matter much.
                                Thanks to those who gave me "likes" for this post. I guess you saw my point.

Comment

Flying without a vertical isn't that hard, I have a 3d printed fpv wing without a vertical and it flys well. Lots of fun. I never finished my N9Mb project, but I may get back on it to supplement this plane. Very cool times indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

2 separate shipments, first sold out by 7:30 PM, second shipment as of 10:30 only 7 left. 200 in one day (assume those 7 will be gone by midnight)! That's gotta be some kind of record! Looks like Alpha just justified his hard work until the next century!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Going, going…..Gone! Bravo Zulu MRC

Comment

Those who will be getting this and flying it soon will be able to test the difference in flight characteristics with and without those clear verticals and get back to us with some commentary? If I goy "free" shipping, I'd have one coming soon myself. Eventually, I'll have it and try those clear things. I have a feeling that due to the design of this model, those verticals will make a significant difference on the side of more stability. I sense that the E52 alone isn't enough to dispense with the clear fins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                          2 separate shipments, first sold out by 7:30 PM, second shipment as of 10:30 only 7 left. 200 in one day (assume those 7 will be gone by midnight)! That's gotta be some kind of record! Looks like Alpha just justified his hard work until the next century!
                                          Originally posted by Mr D View Post
                                          Going, going…..Gone! Bravo Zulu MRC
                                          That's a double WOW!

Hugh, I see your buddy, Rudy, is getting one. I don't know if he posts here but when you see him and his B-2, get him to post his pics, video and impressions here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X