Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please discuss the design choice of gray vs black paint, and and what to expect in terms of gatoring. Personally I think you made a good compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by long-love-rc View Post
      the same time, we have so many low end foam flywing models in the market! I cannot stop thinking this is just a "boosted-up" flywing.... Ha, conflicted feeling!
      I'm not sure you actually meant "Flywing". Flywing doesn't sell planes as far as I know. They sell RC helicopters, of which MotionRC carries the FW450.
      JamesonC mentioned over at RC Guppy, that Motion has 19 models that are sub-$400.00 and not many other companies can boast that. Scanning the Banana Hobo site, I see a crap load of sub-$400.00 foam jets. Two things come to mind ...................... Many, if not most of those are very poor quality. I've gone through several of them myself over the years (yeah, I learned the hard way). They take immense effort and money to get them even close to a good flying state and that's just barely. I could have purchased 3 BH B-2s (include shipping X3) for one of these Freewings. But, with my experience with BH stuff, I ask myself ..................... "Why the heck would I?" Then, when you Google reviews for Banana Hobby and see the appalling history of the company and with my first hand knowledge of what it's like to deal with them, I ask myself again ...................... "WHY WOULD A SANE PERSON EVER DO BUSINESS WITH BANANA?" I suppose in moments of sadomasochism and when none of my neurons are firing, I have done it but not without much regret and self loathing.

Comment

I already have 2x 70mm 2100kv units and 2x 60A ESCs from an ill-fated Su-35, I just can't justify buying this jet unless I can find somebody to take these EDFs off my hands

Comment

I see even with a same day reveal/ availability we get the usual idiotic postings...

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            I'm not sure you actually meant "Flywing". Flywing doesn't sell planes as far as I know. They sell RC helicopters, of which MotionRC carries the FW450.
            JamesonC mentioned over at RC Guppy, that Motion has 19 models that are sub-$400.00 and not many other companies can boast that. Scanning the Banana Hobo site, I see a crap load of sub-$400.00 foam jets. Two things come to mind ...................... Many, if not most of those are very poor quality. I've gone through several of them myself over the years (yeah, I learned the hard way). They take immense effort and money to get them even close to a good flying state and that's just barely. I could have purchased 3 BH B-2s (include shipping X3) for one of these Freewings. But, with my experience with BH stuff, I ask myself ..................... "Why the heck would I?" Then, when you Google reviews for Banana Hobby and see the appalling history of the company and with my first hand knowledge of what it's like to deal with them, I ask myself again ...................... "WHY WOULD A SANE PERSON EVER DO BUSINESS WITH BANANA?" I suppose in moments of sadomasochism and when none of my neurons are firing, I have done it but not without much regret and self loathing.
            Ah, typo, I should have said "flying wing". Sorry!

This new B-2 from MotionRc is undoubtedly superb! Just also look up its manual, its wing loading is less than 50g per square centimeter. It is actually on the light side, should fly very well.

Comment

Agreed, it's all lifting surface, the design would make a great bomber. :)

Comment

I am so happy that Freewing took on the challenge of making a worthwhile B-2 model. I'm even happier that it's not a hurry up and wait situation with the preorder. I'm interested in seeing how the controls surfaces are set up as compared to the actual aircraft. I might have to break a promise or two and buy this plane now. Thanks Freewing for putting this on the market. I was so proud to have a part in the assembly process for the real one I don't think I can pass up this model.

Comment

Big congrats on Freewing and Motionrc..

Finally could this be the start of the black bird line up.

innovative in rc...love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Agreed, it's all lifting surface, the design would make a great bomber. :)
                    Or a $700.00 candy dropper at this year's fun fly. One of my neurons is saying to the other neuron ...................... "Wonder if this will be a good platform to hang my HobbyKing paramotor from?"

Comment

Ok, probably jumping the gun here, but reading over the product description and the airframe manual leaves me with a question for radio setup. The manual indicates one should use a regular wing setup, not a delta or other configuration. So my question is related to flaps. Is the installed gyro programmed for flaps as part of the elevon deflection? Or is there no preinstalled programming for flaps? Sorry for quickly jumping into the setup weeds

Comment

No flaps…

… a tailless aircraft can’t have them.

Comment

My confusion stemmed from the product overview description which mentions flaps.

“The all-new Freewing E52 6 Axis Flight Controller is a gyro-stabilized flight control system that also orchestrates the B-2's complex drag rudder configuration and four moving flap/elevon surfaces. Simply plug in a basic 6 channel receiver; no additional radio programming is needed.”

Comment

Someone will turn the crow rudders into speed brakes. If its not already there. I have not looked at the instructions. Looks nice. I just threw away my BH one. Never could get it to take off and my patience ran out on the project. Maybe in three months. The price is high for this bird but its not out. Is there a bomb bay?

Comment

I have my radio setup for my LX B2 still which had the clam rudders set up for speed mode and speed break. depending on how the half wings are wired I may try disconnecting the stabilizer module and just go straight to channel out puts and use my old set up. The speed breaks did work well. Speed mode was OK but I would get some right left rocking.

Gravy

Comment

Come On Alpha and James . If there was ever a reason to be a YouTube Channel Subscriber, a preview Members only episode would surely be in store for this release.

Ive counted 5 of these B-2's headed to Fort Worth so far

Comment

On the way to Michigan. Click image for larger version

Name:	inbound4916133162278163473.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	341697

Comment

Originally posted by Mr D View Post
                                    Ok, probably jumping the gun here, but reading over the product description and the airframe manual leaves me with a question for radio setup. The manual indicates one should use a regular wing setup, not a delta or other configuration. So my question is related to flaps. Is the installed gyro programmed for flaps as part of the elevon deflection? Or is there no preinstalled programming for flaps? Sorry for quickly jumping into the setup weeds
                                    Like EvanD said. No flaps. It should have read "flaperons/elevons". A flying wing with down flaps will dive, with UP flaps will climb. If you had the inner control surfaces go down as flaps do, the outer control surfaces would have to go UP to compensate. Then, you'd have the equivalent of "crow" or speed brakes. Most times you have a gyro, the TX is set to "normal" wing. The mixing for elevon takes place in the gyro.

(Deleted the part about the steering gyro. This is found in the Pulsar gyro unit, NOT in the E52.)
                                    Last edited by xviper; Apr 6, 2022, 04:17 PM. Reason: Correctin misinformation.

Comment

Spare Parts list one fan unit as reversed. So I assume the B-2 has one of the fan units counter rotating.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on this one immediately on sight. Can’t wait to add it to the FW collection in my hangar. At over 7’ wingspan, it will definitely draw attention in the air and in the ground. WTG MotionRC and Freewing!

Comment

This model fills a giant hole in my collection that I didn't really know I had. The quality looks so well done!

Of course they release this right as I'm about to go out of town. I wonder if I can purchase it and have them hold it until a date, so it doesn't sit on my deck for a week?

Comment

Working...
                                          X