X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pete914 View Post
    FedEx tracking says mine arrives today. Winds this weekend are far too strong for a maiden but I'm siked to open this beast up and take a look!

It's awesome to hear it flys OK without the vertical stab. I don't think I'm going to remove mine unless I just can't stand it in person. I can hardly see it in the photos and it's nice insurance for a good flight. My Banana Hobby B-2 flew awesome until it didn't on it's one and only flight. It went into a slideout and flipped inverted. Unrecoverable. It seemed to come out of nowhere...

Pete, who used to do the promo vids for Banana Hobby was the only person I've seen who could fly that B-2 well and even in his video, there were times when you just know they cut out some parts of the video because of an impending hiccup. Pete was a very good RC pilot - lots of experience, expert. He sold a lot of planes for Banana and unfortunate, he made even a bad plane look good. That was his job. I suspect many unsuspecting customers were disappointed when they couldn't make their plane do the same things Pete did. On several occasions, I was one of them.

As for these vertical fins, depending on how they look and word, I may just paint mine black-ish and leave it at that. (I haven't been inducted into the Scale Police Hall of Fame yet.)

(I hope that "Pete" isn't the same as the poster of this reply.)

Comment

• Hey, let's have a raffle to see who can guess how many of these they sold to get to "sold out". Start by counting the boxes in the EU warehouse pic and ASSume from there. That should be VERY accurate and relevant.
      My guess is 42,643.5 units.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Hey, let's have a raffle to see who can guess how many of these they sold to get to "sold out". Start by counting the boxes in the EU warehouse pic and ASSume from there. That should be VERY accurate and relevant.
        My guess is 42,643.5 units.
        Then the real question is who got the 1/2 unit?
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Hoping not I!

Mine arrives tomorrow but unfortunately it looks like it may be a bit before I can maiden. The wind and gusts are forecasted to be 15-20mph throughout the next ten days which is a lot more than I feel comfortable doing a maiden in. I’ve already lost a Gripen and a Viper 90 this year so I’m not very keen on losing another

Comment

• First models delivered in the EU today!

Comment

• Very thoughtful boxing!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post

7- What is the scariest situation you got the airplane in? The scariest situation I got the airplane in was testing an Aft Cg With a major crosswind. The airplane was all over the place and almost didn’t make it back. We moved the CG further forward and tried it again in the crosswind and the difference was night and day. Moral of the story Aft CG= Bad things.

Get yours here:
                https://bit.ly/B2Spirit
                When you say Aft CG does that mean "Bad things" when you're tail heavy, or nose heavy?

Comment

• Nice! Keep the photos (and maiden videos) coming folks! And so it begins....

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post
                    When you say Aft CG does that mean "Bad things" when you're tail heavy, or nose heavy?
                    I'm going to assume tail heavy my friend.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ordered one. Love the flying wing aircraft.

Comment

• Unboxing pics!

It was too hard to slide the foam out of the box, so I carefully cut a slit in the box seam to remove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8321.JPG
Views:	1023
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	341949

Interesting boxing method. Ply hooks glued into the foam and secured with heavy duty rubber bands.

Name:	IMG_8322.JPG
Views:	750
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	341950

Ply supports with a metal pin that slides into the wing tube opening.

Name:	IMG_8323.JPG
Views:	741
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	341951

Be sure to open from the top!

Name:	IMG_8324.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	341952

Top lid removed. Massive!

Name:	IMG_8325.JPG
Views:	740
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	341953

Remove these two screws, then pull the ply away from the foam. The metal pin will slide out with the ply plate.

Name:	IMG_8326.JPG
Views:	740
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	341954

Name:	IMG_8327.JPG
Views:	759
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	341955

The ply plate has glue on the back. Pull hard, it won't damage anything.

Name:	IMG_8328.JPG
Views:	748
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	341956

Fuse removed.

Name:	IMG_8329.JPG
Views:	743
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	341957

Parts package and gyro manual.

Name:	IMG_8330.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	341958

B-2 manual.

Name:	IMG_8331.JPG
Views:	756
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	341959

No need to remove the foam block that is taped down, the wing tube slides out easily.

Name:	IMG_8332.JPG
Views:	755
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	341960

Parts bag, duck tail.

Name:	IMG_8333.JPG
Views:	763
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	341961

Save the foam packaging if you want a ready-made field transport system!

Name:	IMG_8334.JPG
Views:	752
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	341962
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Unboxing pics!
                          Thank you for not posting a video.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Thank you for not posting a video.
                            I don't do unboxing videos.
                            Pat

Comment

• Nice job crxmanpat ! Thanks for the unboxing photos...

For all of you B-2 Pilots I have an updated owner's manual. It simply adds the information of "Set drag rudder ("clamshell") to 45mm open, while in the neutral position."

Download the updated owner's manual here.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks Todd! I was wondering about that.
                                Pat

Comment

• crxmanpat:

there is no need to remove the glued ply plate from the box.

simply remove the tape on top of the metal pins, and you can slide them out of the wing tubes.

Comment

• Please add a note on the support page that the manual has been updated to the 2.2 version with a note about the 45mm. Without that note people won't know there was an update or why and assume their manual (whatever version) is the correct one.

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    Nice job crxmanpat ! Thanks for the unboxing photos...

For all of you B-2 Pilots I have an updated owner's manual. It simply adds the information of "Set drag rudder ("clamshell") to 45mm open, while in the neutral position."

Download the updated owner's manual here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I only wanted the front 1/2. Going to splice it to the back 1/2 of my Opterra.

Comment

• I think more went into the design of the shipping box than the plane itself. It looks spectacular.

Comment

• EDIT: Todd already said this, normally I'd delete the post but better to leave it

Hey everyone. We made an update to the B-2 manual and that new version is the only version on the website. It's also a reminder that we do update our manuals on the webpage as needed to remain fluid. Based on the calls we have received and the questions we are getting on any model we will go and add updates to manuals etc.

This update was to page 8, we added: "Set drag rudder ("clamshell") to 45mm open, while in the neutral position."

manual link here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10..._Manual2.2.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                          X