X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
    Flying wing are super efficient. This aircraft showed up at the wrong time for me. It looks great and I hope to get one in the future. Look forward to seeing your flights.
    Yes, they are but a glider (and moreover, a sailplane) they aren't. (Unless you fly them in Chinook winds in the late spring/early summer like I do sometimes.)
    Wrong time for me as well. I've just acquired a few new planes in the last couple of months, one of which still hasn't been maidened yet and another arriving tomorrow. Space is hard to find until some get gone. I like that there was no pre-order period but an early announcement does have its advantages. It allows some time to plan ahead and make space. I'm at the point where I almost need to rent a storage unit. Even the ones I don't fly as much, I still like enough that I don't want to get rid of them yet. Who knew this would become such an addiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Without question! Many times Jeremy and I had to land the test and eval bird quickly when someone would show up at the field as we were testing this and the PJ. Many times we simply couldn’t pull it out and test because people wouldn’t leave near sunset! We braved lots of mosquitos in the twilight to get the testing and filming done.

This was April of last year shortly after the maiden flights on both jets. Click image for larger version

Name:	64AD225F-F821-4683-8578-DC29FCC8FB5F.jpeg
Views:	859
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	341783
      Oh my! Last year? You've had one for a year? Where do I apply?

Comment

• Ordered mine. Will be here tomorrow or Friday. This B2 is a dream come true for me. I too was losing interest in the hobby and all of the bad/late releases, lack of parts etc. wasn't helping. Hats off to Motion RC for the way this was launched. I hope this is a trend that continues!

I haven't read this entire thread yet, Alpha have you or are you able to comment on how this beauty flies? Speed, high and low, gliding, and how is visibility? Thanks!

Comment

• I just saw the pictures that James posted at RC Guppy. James, Justin or Jeromy, can any of you comment on those "rudder" clamshells? When they open, does each half open equally and as much as needed based on degree of rudder input? (The real ones on the B-2 and A-10 seem to operate up/down as a unit as if to augment elevon action.) How easy would it be to mix them to work as speed brakes or would the E52 make that impossible?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Today alone at RC Guppy ............................ 8 pages dealing with price. Entertaining as heck but really, 8 pages worth in one day? Geez, buy the thing or don't buy the thing. Why do people need to spend so much time at the keyboard to say that they won't buy it? The pandemic is nearly over. Got out and do something with your lives. Someone said earlier today that's there's only 8 left. Probably much less than that now. If these guys keep giving reasons why they won't buy it, there won't be any left to NOT buy. One way to make the "oozing" stop.
            I'm new to this site, don't know why I didn't check it out sooner. I've been into rc for over 15 years and have several Freewing jets. I used to be very active at the other site, but as you mentioned, it's just so negative most of the time. And it's the same people but they seem too have to much free time to troll around. I'm really enjoying this thread with you positive enthusiasts, and being able to talk with Alpha and other insiders is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax Quad View Post
              Ordered mine. Will be here tomorrow or Friday. This B2 is a dream come true for me. I too was losing interest in the hobby and all of the bad/late releases, lack of parts etc. wasn't helping. Hats off to Motion RC for the way this was launched. I hope this is a trend that continues!

I haven't read this entire thread yet, Alpha have you or are you able to comment on how this beauty flies? Speed, high and low, gliding, and how is visibility? Thanks!
              Welcome Jax Quad to Squawk. We have a good time over here! Alpha will join us live on YouTube this Friday for our full overview and Q/A at 12pm EST (you can watch the replay if you cant be live). Jeremy Solt (one of our test pilots) will also be there to answer set-up and flying questions. This is the link it will take place. Subscribe and hit the bell so you are notified and don't forget:

Comment

• A quote from Justin:
                This is intermediate to advanced model to fly and requires careful observation of speed. Many people will breeze past these cautions and the manual and have poor results. LOTs of time has been spent to ensure the best flying representation of this model in EDF form for the masses. It requires an honest evaluation of skill level for flying and setup though, as well as an appropriate place to fly from.
                This is a great piece of advice - One that should be shared here. Ignorance will cost a bag of money and some large trash bags.

Comment

• Does the stabilizer accept Sbus, or any other single wire connection protocol?

Comment

Oh my! Last year? You've had one for a year? Where do I apply?
                    I applied but wasn't chosen. Dang it. But hey I'm doing ok considering I just found out I have prostate cancer. Mine arrives today and started on the PJ-50. One more B1RD coming but won't mention it here. Another company. Then a turbine in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Does the stabilizer accept Sbus, or any other single wire connection protocol?
                      Nope

Comment

• [QUOTE=xviper;n341787]I just saw the pictures that James posted at RC Guppy. James, Justin or Jeromy, can any of you comment on those "rudder" clamshells? When they open, does each half open equally and as much as needed /QUOTE]

Tune into the LIVE show Friday 👍🏼

Comment

A quote from Justin:

This is a great piece of advice - One that should be shared here. Ignorance will cost a bag of money and some large trash bags.
                          Well said.

Comment

I'm new to this site, don't know why I didn't check it out sooner. I've been into rc for over 15 years...
                            JQ, Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard, Sir. Please post pics of your fleet, builds, mods, and repaints. Looking forward to your contributions here. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well crap, that's something I'll need to remove. Reason being, I like having fewer wires. But at the end of the day the reasons are understandable to not have a single wire protocol, as you want max compatibility with all radio systems.

Comment

I'm new to this site, don't know why I didn't check it out sooner. I've been into rc for over 15 years and have several Freewing jets. I used to be very active at the other site, but as you mentioned, it's just so negative most of the time. And it's the same people but they seem too have to much free time to troll around. I'm really enjoying this thread with you positive enthusiasts, and being able to talk with Alpha and other insiders is awesome.
                                I will mirror James' welcome. I don't post at RC Guppy anymore. I've been "suspended" for posting things that "illicit an emotional response". Don't most posts do that? No biggie. I've lurked there for years and can again. Since the fat cat that runs that forum can have multiple Twitter accounts, I guess people can have a few on his forum. He's the ringmaster of a circus and you know what circuses are best known for.
                                I know it's a business thing, but I wish those associated with MotionRC would also post their pictures and info here as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

JQ, Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard, Sir. Please post pics of your fleet, builds, mods, and repaints. Looking forward to your contributions here. Best, LB
                                  Thanks JQ! I look forward to participating in the site. I'll post some pics. We have a ton of videos at our youtube page. Especially of our 10s and 12s Avantis. Here's a quick one https://youtu.be/zDLsbQ_G1zE

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

I applied but wasn't chosen. Dang it. But hey I'm doing ok considering I just found out I have prostate cancer. Mine arrives today and started on the PJ-50. One more B1RD coming but won't mention it here. Another company. Then a turbine in May.
                                    I am SO sorry to hear of this. As a senior male, I can sympathize. I truly hope it's fixable for you. They can do amazing things these days. I know of several friends who have licked it and have done well for years. My most sincere wishes of luck to you.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JLambCWU;n341796]
                                      Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      I just saw the pictures that James posted at RC Guppy. James, Justin or Jeromy, can any of you comment on those "rudder" clamshells? When they open, does each half open equally and as much as needed /QUOTE]

Tune into the LIVE show Friday 👍🏼
                                      Reminder set. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Does the stabilizer accept Sbus, or any other single wire connection protocol?
                                        yes, SBUS/PPM

Link to Gyro manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...ion_Manual.pdf
                                        Last edited by James; Apr 6, 2022, 10:48 AM. Reason: added manual link

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

yes, SBUS/PPM

Link to Gyro manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...ion_Manual.pdf
                                          Many thanks sir!

Comment

Working...
                                          X