X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

Hugh, I see your buddy, Rudy, is getting one. I don't know if he posts here but when you see him and his B-2, get him to post his pics, video and impressions here.
    Will do. We'll definitely get some good photos and videos using our friends great equipment. RudyD54 started texting me at 7 AM that MRC just made his "Holy Grail" a reality. No doubt one of the first to pull the trigger. That's why I "love" him, he's my "New Release Guinea Pig". With that said, he's always right on the mark! He's already talking about setting up variable thrust so I'm always learning something new from him as well.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Super cool guys! I love the drag rudders and how convincing it looks in the air. I will own one eventually!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Will do. We'll definitely get some good photos and videos using our friends great equipment. RudyD54 started texting me at 7 AM that MRC just made his "Holy Grail" a reality. No doubt one of the first to pull the trigger. That's why I "love" him, he's my "New Release Guinea Pig". With that said, he's always right on the mark! He's already talking about setting up variable thrust so I'm always learning something new from him as well.
        I see now that Rudy does post here, so hopefully, he’ll grace us with his review. I hadn’t even thought about differential thrust but that certainly would be an interesting mod. If the drag rudders are very effective, diff. thrust may not be as needed. I’m hoping that this plane will float like most of my flying wings and it won’t need reverse thrust to get it stopped on short runways. Then again, if the rudders can be mixed to perform as air brakes, that would be a bonus and reverse may not be necessary.

Comment

• I bought one..its kool , my only problem with it Freewing gave us the older 2100kv/ 60amp combo.., @$699 we deserve the current 2250kv/ 80a combo...it is MRC's newest plane...right?

Comment

• Originally posted by spy View Post
            I bought one..its kool , my only problem with it Freewing gave us the older 2100kv/ 60amp combo.., @$699 we deserve the current 2250kv/ 80a combo...it is MRC's newest plane...right?
            Then people will destroy their battery's drawing to many combined amps. I found on my FMS A-10 two 60a fans are pretty rough on a single pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teslamandex View Post
              Wonder if any flights have been initiated from a grass runway?
              Me too

Comment

• I will be flying from grass. Hopefully I will get to maiden on Sunday and will report results.
                Pat

Comment

I bought one..its kool , my only problem with it Freewing gave us the older 2100kv/ 60amp combo.., @$699 we deserve the current 2250kv/ 80a combo...it is MRC's newest plane...right?
                  Technically, the twin 2100kv inrunner counter-rotating setup is newer than the 2210*kv setup.

The 2210kv setup was introduced in the F35 in 2019 and has become the power system for HP versions of all the single 70mm EDFs (minus the Yak130.)

The 2100kv counter-rotating setup was introduced last year when they started putting it in the Me262. This has become the standard, it seems, in their twin 70mm lineup and replaced the older 2150kv outrunner setup. The SU35, Me262, and the Airliner have all been upgraded to this setup, and the PJ50 and this B-2 were both released with it.

Comment

• It seems twin 4000s (either in parallel or each to own edf) would fit this bird perfectly and not kill a single lipo. My SU30 is a lipo killer. I haven't configured the 2x lipo yet. Todays twin 70mm are too hard on single lipo. Of course, if you fly it like a B2, this shouldn't be an issue. I see this bird just cruising around in late afternoons... admiring the slow relaxing fly-bys. For me, a great way to end the flying day.

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
                      It seems twin 4000s (either in parallel or each to own edf) would fit this bird perfectly and not kill a single lipo. My SU30 is a lipo killer. I haven't configured the 2x lipo yet. Todays twin 70mm are too hard on single lipo. Of course, if you fly it like a B2, this shouldn't be an issue. I see this bird just cruising around in late afternoons... admiring the slow relaxing fly-bys. For me, a great way to end the flying day.
                      I put about 8 flights on my PJ50 this past weekend with the same power system and 5 minutes was the average flight time with the lipos coming back at 3.75. I do not see this plane being any different.

Comment

• I just saw you complaining about other people complaining in that post.

Is that your point?

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I suppose if you don't see any of the points, explaining it won't matter much.

Comment

Really? Seems like a very appropriate choice to me.

Comment

• I agree they made the right choice but there was a person saying it should have 80mm's and this person saying the more powerful 70's. I think 99% will be very happy with the stock power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              I agree they made the right choice but there was a person saying it should have 80mm's and this person saying the more powerful 70's. I think 99% will be very happy with the stock power.
                              I agree! Consistently (100+ flights) my PJ50 consumes right around 4000 mAh (leaving about 3.8V) in a 4:30 flight with 3 min at 75% hot rodding mix and 1:30 at 50% cool down cruising. (6000 Admiral Pro) Batteries are not overly warm post flight.

I don’t see folks hot rodding the B-2 like this. This potentially translates into nice long leisurely flights enjoying the visuals without stressing the LiPo.

Ordered one…sweet addition to the line-up. WTG Alpha, FW, MRC. Congrats!

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                I agree they made the right choice but there was a person saying it should have 80mm's and this person saying the more powerful 70's. I think 99% will be very happy with the stock power.
                                IT'S A BOMBER NOT A MISSILE!

I Fly at high altitudes with air density in the summer at times over 9000ft. Twin 70s with this wing loading should provide for some excellent scale flights with plenty reserve to get out of trouble.

I so tired of the attitude that some have over there.

Comment

• I bet it would be able to float around nicely power off too. I bet one could fly it like a powered glider and keep it in the air for a very good flight time, thermal hunting and all especially with the span.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Like EvanD said. No flaps. It should have read "flaperons/elevons". A flying wing with down flaps will dive, with UP flaps will climb. If you had the inner control surfaces go down as flaps do, the outer control surfaces would have to go UP to compensate. Then, you'd have the equivalent of "crow" or speed brakes. Most times you have a gyro, the TX is set to "normal" wing. The mixing for elevon takes place in the gyro. The neat thing about this gyro is that it incorporates a "steering" gyro, like what one would have when putting on an Assan steering gyro. Makes for very steady, straight line ground handling. A plane like this with such short wheelbase, tends to wander all over the runway. The steering gyro should eliminate that.
                                    That's awesome with the steering gyro. I put an Assan gyro in all of my aircraft and it significantly reduced the damaged wingtips, or wing root snaps on my FW F-18, because it tracks extremely straight once on the ground... I love it and now love my B2 purchase even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                      I so tired of the attitude that some have over there.
                                      They do seem to promote that with the primordial ooze coming out of the dark, dank places. At times, it's even contagious. That pandemic will never end over there.
                                      Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      I bet it would be able to float around nicely power off too. I bet one could fly it like a powered glider and keep it in the air for a very good flight time, thermal hunting and all especially with the span.
                                      Remember that guy who said this B-2 was just like the Eflite Operra? If that's the case, then no. My Opterra is a very poor glider. Power off and it drops quickly. But not all wings are the same. My Phantom FPV wing floats very well, far better than the Opterra. Maybe this B-2 will be more like the Phantom and "should" cost a hundred bucks?
                                      Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post
                                      I put an Assan gyro in all of my aircraft
                                      Likewise. I'm beginning to put the Assan into almost all of my new planes now. Nice to know this one comes with something like it.

Comment

• Flying wing are super efficient. This aircraft showed up at the wrong time for me. It looks great and I hope to get one in the future. Look forward to seeing your flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Thanks, Gravy. After the PJ50, we thought the "no promo launch method" was ideal for the B2. Especially fitting, for a stealth aircraft. A bit of"Shock and Awe" to keep us all on our toes. One never truly knows what's coming next from Motion RC.

OPSEC matters!
                                          Without question! Many times Jeremy and I had to land the test and eval bird quickly when someone would show up at the field as we were testing this and the PJ. Many times we simply couldn’t pull it out and test because people wouldn’t leave near sunset! We braved lots of mosquitos in the twilight to get the testing and filming done.

This was April of last year shortly after the maiden flights on both jets. Click image for larger version

Name:	64AD225F-F821-4683-8578-DC29FCC8FB5F.jpeg
Views:	857
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	341783

Comment

Working...
                                          X