Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over in the "What's Next" thread, we asked...

Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
    Yes this has been tough. Tougher knowing it's [potentially] a July release. I'm starting to consider the possibility of a B1 or B2 release as I've heard they will be retiring them early. Possibly a tribute release?

Anyone know much about these bombers as they relate to the summation of clues given recently?
    Originally posted by JeffS69 View Post
    B2 Stealth Bomber to go along with the F22 & F35. What a gaggle that would be.
    Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
    Please do a B2 Bomber lol
    Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
    B2?
    Originally posted by JeffS69 View Post
    It's time to bring in the BLACK Jets.

B1
    B2
    SR71
    F117
    Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
    got to mix it up, lots of jets, war birds, we are due for something different, say.... a bomber, b29,b1,Vulcan,b2 or how about a Horton, what a great time to be in this hobby
    And Alpha answered! (and nice job with the stealthy release!

Thank You!

(However, It may be a while before I can scrape up the dough! *sigh*)

Reviews forthwith!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      This model is literally flying off the shelves...Wow. If any of you are wavering, you might want to hit that buy button. I wish I could! Still searching for that elusive lengthy paved runway with no obstacles.
      Aros, But, how do you know these are 'flying' off the shelf.....hmmmmmm do you have a special radar capability? Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well, just got a text from a very good, close flying buddy here. Originally, I was going to get one first, fly it, crash it and then sell it to him cheap. I guess he couldn't resist and pulled the pin today and got one of the last few remaining units. He never crashes, so I'll never be able to buy his cheap. I guess I'll have to get my own.
        I'll have all my questions answered about how this thing works very soon (next week).

Comment

• Hopefully I can pick one up soon, but I don't think I'll make this run, Hopefully post summer I can grab it.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	39505677-037C-40D7-B86B-3162A8E5AE6E.jpeg
Views:	1406
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	341863 Little size comparison to the PJ50
            Get yours at https://bit.ly/B2Spirit

Comment

• Last two jets are great for my hanger. Since the B2 is out now (and I got one) will the F117 be next Alpha??

Comment

• Not out yet, I'm still showing 10 left for a few lucky souls! Let's see how fast those last ones go!
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I was looking through the downloaded manual and it shows high rates and low rates are identical for both aileron and elevator. Is that really correct?

Jose

Comment

• Just seen this pic posted on FB. Thought it would be best to ship mine this method. Thanks in advance for the speedy shipping.

Gravy
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Amahoser View Post
                      I was looking through the downloaded manual and it shows high rates and low rates are identical for both aileron and elevator. Is that really correct?

Jose
                      It's likely correct. I think it has something to do with the fact that this is a gyro controlled big flying wing (elevons). Since we don't know (at this time) what the pre-set gains are in the gyro, the real reason may not be known for sure. From experience with some models with the Spektrum AS3X gyros, stick responses can be a bit dumbed down or numb. Exploring different rates don't generally result in significant differences in the amount of control surface travel, depending on how the gyro is tuned. This might be the case with the B-2. When I get the plane, I'll use the published rates as my mid-rate and dial in something lower and something a bit higher for my low and high rates and see if anything changes. Start off with the published rates and see what the other rates feel like a couple mistakes high. Then fine tune those later.
                      If, for whatever reason, you choose to remove the gyro (probably not recommended for this plane due to its different complexity), you may find setting different rates a necessity.

Comment

• Amahoser Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Jose. Glad to have you onboard. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello everyone. Thank you for all the awesome comments throughout Facebook on our Media of the newly released Twin 70mm EDF Freewing B-2 Spirit.

Im here now to answer a few of the common questions i had been seeing in Facebook and other sources for the last few days.

Here we go…..

1- Will the jet will loop and Roll? Yes, but I don’t recommend flying the B-2 in acro types of flying. The jet should be flown scale and relaxed, if you do fly it wild Film it!

2- How’s the power? The power of the B-2 is amazing and has the same power set up as the PJ-50. The consumption of batteries is significantly less than other models like the Me-262 which would eat batteries pretty quick. The B-2 if flown on a scale conservative way will get you some incredible flight times between 3:30 and 7:00. (all depending on your batteries abilities) make sure to only fly a short time on your first flight to ensure your battery life is still adequate to continue flying. Adjust your clock as needed once you verified your battery Percentages.

3- I wonder how stable it is on takeoff and landing? like any airplane, people can and will screw up takeoffs and landings. Because The B-2 is short-coupled airplane m, it can wander on takeoff especially if you have too much rudder input. When landing the B-2 Avoid steep glide slopes to prevent the possibility of causing a bouncing landing. On approach for landing, decrease your throttle to almost nothing and float the airplane in for landing. This is the best way we found to land this jet. Always plan that if you end up bouncing the airplane that you throttle up slowly and make a missed approach. This airplane can get rough after bouncing if you don’t land it correctly. If the B-2 feels like it’s not going to be a good landing go around and try again. Don't force a bad landing when you have a jet that sips battery.

4- What flight time can I expect? Plan on flying an AVG of close to 5:00 on a 6s 5000. We have seen less and more but this is all depending on your own batteries and their abilities.

5- Cg? Freewing added cg stencils in the foam on the bottom of the jet. Fly at that or fwd of that for successful flights.

6- Is there Any unusual flight characteristics to flying without the fin? Yes, flying without the fin requires more rudder control from the pilot throughout the flight. The fin was designed to help intermediate pilots get used to the airplane and to help provide successful flights while learning the Airframe. It is absolutely not necessary to fly with it however, I would recommend starting with it and then gradually removing it once you are comfortable I’m familiar with how the Airframe acts with it.

7- What is the scariest situation you got the airplane in? The scariest situation I got the airplane in was testing an Aft Cg With a major crosswind. The airplane was all over the place and almost didn’t make it back. We moved the CG further forward and tried it again in the crosswind and the difference was night and day. Moral of the story Aft CG= Bad things.

Again thank you for your support and hopefully you are enjoying all the media we are putting out.

Jeremy Solt

Get yours here:
                          B-2 Spirit Bomber Twin 70mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31711P Fly the ultimate RC jet by Motion RC! The Freewing B-2 Stealth Spirit Bomber's impressive 2200mm (7.2 foot) wingspan and twin 70mm inrunner EDFs deliver the size, presence, and performance of a world class model aircraft. Featuring accurately functionin
                          Last edited by James; Apr 7, 2022, 04:37 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Comment

• B2 catching. I'll be adding my own ubec and flight stabilizer. Planning on plugging directly into my receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Compmitch View Post
                                B2 catching. I'll be adding my own ubec and flight stabilizer. Planning on plugging directly into my receiver.
                                Why do you think yours will be better than the stock gyro?

Comment

• Thanks 4923crew! Solid info for all

Comment

• FedEx tracking says mine arrives today. Winds this weekend are far too strong for a maiden but I'm siked to open this beast up and take a look!

It's awesome to hear it flys OK without the vertical stab. I don't think I'm going to remove mine unless I just can't stand it in person. I can hardly see it in the photos and it's nice insurance for a good flight. My Banana Hobby B-2 flew awesome until it didn't on it's one and only flight. It went into a slideout and flipped inverted. Unrecoverable. It seemed to come out of nowhere...

Comment

• Woot! My shipping just got updated to arriving today! I will take pics when it gets here. Plan is to maiden on Sunday as weather will be perfect. I'll try to get video but this will be my first visit to the field since I moved to this area, so I may not have someone willing to do video. I will be flying from grass that will hopefully get cut tomorrow.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Mine arrives today as well! Pretty excited to get this one together and start going over it!!!

Comment

• Here they are together, the new B-2 Spirit and PJ50 twin 70mm EDFs

Comment

Working...
                                          X