Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also. when setting your neutral rudders. You could set them 45mm apart but not "centered" so take your ruler and put it in the middle and set the top rudder to 22.5mm and then the bottom to 22.5mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
      crxmanpat:

there is no need to remove the glued ply plate from the box.

simply remove the tape on top of the metal pins, and you can slide them out of the wing tubes.
      True, but I didn't want the ply plates to remain attached to the foam. But thinking about it, I may put them back on since I will use the foam packing for transport.
      Pat

Comment

• I will never understand FedEx. My B2 spent all night driving from Northern IL all the way to.... Chicago.

FedEx hates me

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	66662934-9F12-46F7-8720-EC5EC606A9D6.png Views:	0 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	341978 Heads up…

Edit….my confusion. See subsequent post #209

Pretty sure the old and new versions have the elevator vs stick position reversed.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
            Also. when setting your neutral rudders. You could set them 45mm apart but not "centered" so take your ruler and put it in the middle and set the top rudder to 22.5mm and then the bottom to 22.5mm.
            That was a question I had in mind when I read the numbers. Then I thought ..................... "We're never going to get a 90mm spread on those things. If we could, it would look ridiculous." But thanks for answering a question that I'm sure popped into some peoples' minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	66662934-9F12-46F7-8720-EC5EC606A9D6.png
Views:	816
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	341978 Heads up…

Pretty sure the old and new versions have the elevator vs stick position reversed.

-GG
              no. you pull the stick down, and your elevons will go up (pitching your nose up), and when you push your stick up the elevons will go down (pitching your nose down)

Comment

no. you pull the stick down, and your elevons will go up (pitching your nose up), and when you push your stick up the elevons will go down (pitching your nose down)
                I think he's talking about right and left turns
                #edit#
                Nevermind, I see the picture is looking from behind the aircraft, not from the front

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                  I will never understand FedEx. My B2 spent all night driving from Northern IL all the way to.... Chicago.

FedEx hates me
                  Musta gone by rowboat along the lake shoreline.

Comment

• Got it….semantics got me.

STICK BACK = STICK DOWN=PULL UP NOSE

STICK FORWARD = STICK UP = LOWER NOSE

The confusion is that in my flight training, when the instructor said, “Up stick” he meant move the stick so the nose will rise up.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Musta gone by rowboat along the lake shoreline.
                      Not to mention that if you wanted to drive from Grayslake IL to literally anywhere west of there, the last place you would go is Chicago.

Comment

I will never understand FedEx. My B2 spent all night driving from Northern IL all the way to.... Chicago.

FedEx hates me
                        I had a similar issue with the Mig-29. My friend got his, and mine stayed in limbo for 2 days about 20 miles from my house.

Fortunately for the B-2, original delivery was for tomorrow, but it got here today!

Plane is built (that took like 5 minutes), controls are set, taxi test done. Maiden on Sunday (would be Saturday but I had already made plans before this even dropped). I'm using a RoaringTop 6250 35C pushed almost all the way forward to make CG. Should make for nice easy 5 minute flights.
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I think more went into the design of the shipping box than the plane itself. It looks spectacular.
                          More design and testing went into this "box" than any in recent memory. That box and the subsequent protection it provides is the result of a lot of engineering, many hours of testing, and destroying multiple aircraft in the pursuit of arriving at the best solution to get the B2 to everyone in good shape. There are a lot of "firsts" on this RC aircraft and there are a lot of "firsts" in the packaging as well. I know its ridiculous but I'm glad people noticed. Thanks for posting all the pics crxmanpat

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

More design and testing went into this "box" than any in recent memory. That box and the subsequent protection it provides is the result of a lot of engineering, many hours of testing, and destroying multiple aircraft in the pursuit of arriving at the best solution to get the B2 to everyone in good shape.][/B]
                            It’s impressively well done, all of it👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Comment

• Hi folks, the support tab has been updated with the latest version of the manual which includes James' notice of clarification regarding the centering of the rudders and to measure 22.5mm above and below the center point.

Download the latest manual here.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

More design and testing went into this "box" than any in recent memory. That box and the subsequent protection it provides is the result of a lot of engineering, many hours of testing, and destroying multiple aircraft in the pursuit of arriving at the best solution to get the B2 to everyone in good shape. There are a lot of "firsts" on this RC aircraft and there are a lot of "firsts" in the packaging as well. I know its ridiculous but I'm glad people noticed. Thanks for posting all the pics crxmanpat
                                I thought as much. People don't ever consider everything that goes into how a final price is set. Some see the price and immediately flip a wig. As a former technician (in my first life), I marvel at that box. This box is one that may be worth keeping just as I used to use sections of the AL-37 box as a plane stand.

Comment

FedEx hates me
                                  Trust me it's just not you. We'll see if mine actually makes it here tomorrow like it is scheduled or if it will be like the last 3 planes I got.

Comment

• First issue with setup…

Using elevator and the outside ailerons go opposite direction of the inside elevators. Normal wing mode selected. NX8, 8020T. What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by primodus22 View Post
                                      First issue with setup…

Using elevator and the outside ailerons go opposite direction of the inside elevators. Normal wing mode selected. NX8, 8020T. What am I missing?
                                      check the connections inside, you may have to swap places of some of the connections. check page 10 of the manual

Comment

check the connections inside, you may have to swap places of some of the connections. check page 10 of the manual
                                        Tried that once. Will try again.

Comment

• Resolved. Thanks James. New issue on the other thread. Didn’t realize you were on both.

Comment

Working...
                                          X