Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody raise your hand if you're going to fly her without the clear vertical stabilizer....🤣

Comment

• The number of units remaining seem to be all over the place. Aros, you say you saw only one left and you grabbed it, but it still says "in stock". This morning I've read anything from 80 left, on down. Yet, yesterday, we saw numbers like 8 and 6. I'm confused.

Comment

• It's called "marketing"
        Let's all say it together...🤣

Comment

• FOMO. 😁

Comment

• Yep, that's marketing at it's best, no one panic, I 'm sure there is plenty to go around....

Comment

• Okay FOMO is the new acronym I learned today, lol. Yep, definitely FOMO in my case.

I was chatting with my co-worker and we were having fun with the idea of what if we released some photos with the V stab being hot pink or some other garish color...How many Scale Police (full disclosure, I count myself as an active member, lol) would have lost their minds?

Includes: Vertical stabilizer in a tremendous hot pink or neon green. Won't fly without it.

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just received my B-2 via FedEx. Well packaged, and I was so impressed with the custom foam packing crate that I'm going to keep it around, at least for now. Never know if I might travel to some fly-in this summer and it sure is a great and safe way for it to travel.

Very impressed with the whole airplane, in general. Although on other scale projects I might be considered one of the "scale police" or "rivet counters", I totally understand the measures that had to be taken, like the positioning of the nose gear further back due to space requirements for the battery above, and other considerations for other things, like the position lighting that some have complained about sticking up out of the wings. Once it was explained by Alpha that these rectangular lights (on the full size airplane) can be moved flush with the wing skin for stealth operations or sticking up some for better visibility (to others) I was totally fine with that.

I look forward to flying this plane and having many fun flights with it, going forward. I also look forward to the rest of you guys airing your comments on this plane as you maiden and fly it!

davegee

Comment

• No it's not. There is a control box and a separate gyro. The programing is in the control box (which appears to be not a box but a circuit board).

Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post

The programming is already installed in the gyro. All you need is a basic 6 ch receiver. You dont want a receiver that has active stabilization. It will fight with the gyro for control.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    Add to the list:

Trim elevator up 2.5 - 3mm. I'll bet a lot of people are going to miss that in the manual.
                    Trailing Edge Up?

Comment

• First customer maiden video I have seen...

He hasn't commented on the maiden/flight characteristics, just posted the video.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros he did on FB...

"""Overall the plane is a show stopper literally, parents, children even the park workers stopped what they were doing to come and watch, ask questions, and take photos. Flew on an admiral 5000 for about 3 1/2 mins  during initial set up every control service was reversed and went back into the manual to fix it manually in the plane however only the elevator services wanted to reverse. Ailerons and rudders were reversed via transmitter. The cg was set up to the markings on the belly and bounced on takeoff, nearly took my head off, and wanted to go in all kinds of directions. (I stand towards the end of my runways on maidens so I can catch the plane if I have to abort takeoff, there is a fence at the end). Plane required serious trim for all surfaces and after a few laps it was dialed in perfectly I decided to lad it on grass because of the obstacles in my way and I am not sure how long the plane will roll after a fast landing I do not want to stall it. Gear held up well in the grass however I HIGHLY DISCOURAGE taking off on grass as the wheels are small only issue I have with this plane is I wish someone took their time with the decals. Some of them are crooked and not aligned with the others 9.9/10"""

Comment

• Mine just came 30 minutes ago... ready to build.

Comment

• Good catch James...Interesting...Like most of my EDF jets, there's always some amount of trim needed to fly straight and level...Some much more than others. I would think a model with this amount of control surfaces and unique configuration there will be some level of trimming necessary once airborne on the maiden. The hairy rotation could have been a combination of trim and maiden jitters/unfamiliarity which I know very well. Once you get her trimmed out she stabilizes and your heart can return to its proper place.

Looks totally majestic in the sky and it's no surprise she's a show stopper. I would expect any crowd would want a closer look. Like he said, landing on grass is one thing, but takeoff on grass is likely negligible unless we are talking incredibly well maintained, short, short grass like a golf green. I have no illusions this is a grass-friendly bird.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I may have a factory wiring issue….please look at yours.

The photo shows the A, E, R connections for the RX.

Shouldn’t ELEVATOR red go to the center pin?

When I plug it up and bind the RX, it starts out with normally open clam shells. But, when the gyro locks up… the left clams go fully open and right clams go fully closed.

If I disconnect A, E, R from RX, the clams stay normally partially open after the gyro locks up.

Gyro light is blinking blue with A, E, R not connected to RX which makes sense

Thanks!

Edit: I had a spare connector. Wired the plane’s elevator to the new connected red wire. Now the clams stay normal when the gyro locks up, but I have no E, R, or A function. Gyro stays blue flashing.

I only have 6 RX function slots and a 7th for connecting the BEC to RX. So, I have the plane’s MODE connector open.

-GG

Click image for larger version  Name:	558FC379-B8E2-40F3-9A2B-16A6142CC8A6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	342139

Comment

• Question:

Do drags close all the way on one side during full rudder deflection? Should they? I saw where it was said to set 22.5mm on both top and bottom. I did, and it closes all the way but wasn’t centered on the wing. To get centered, closed on full deflection, it is at 27-28mm. Suggestions or input?

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                  I may have a factory wiring issue….please look at yours.

The photo shows the A, E, R connections for the RX.

Shouldn’t ELEVATOR red go to the center pin?

When I plug it up and bind the RX, it starts out with normally open clam shells. But, when the gyro locks up… the left clams go fully open and right clams go fully closed.

If I disconnect A, E, R from RX, the clams stay normally partially open after the gyro locks up.

Gyro light is blinking blue with A, E, R not connected to RX which makes sense

Thanks!

-GG

Click image for larger version Name:	558FC379-B8E2-40F3-9A2B-16A6142CC8A6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	342139
                                  Most of those single wire connectors are all signal wires. Disregard the color when plugging in. That single wire, regardless of color goes into the signal side. That's how many of today's new gyros do it. The other end is a triple wire in a standard plug, but each wire is for signal. Power and ground are provided internally.

Comment

• Thanks XViper. But why does the left clams go full open and right clams go fully closed and gyro blinks blue?

When I wire it as it came? Mode connection is open.

edit-I think I found the problem. I had the rudder connector backwards. Your comment about SIGNAL wires gave me a clue. STAND BY

FIXED IT! Thanks for the SINGLE WIRE = SIGNAL

That was the clue I needed. THANK YOU!!!!

-GG

Comment

• Combat Learjet is a fellow airline pilot. Sharing the love!
                                      3,508 likes, 49 comments - @combat_learjet on Instagram: "This is a freaking awesome RC! . . @motionrc Great job! Link to this is in my stories!"

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                        Thanks XViper. But why does the left clams go full open and right clams go fully closed and gyro blinks blue?

When I wire it as it came? Mode connection is open.

edit-I think I found the problem. I had the rudder connector backwards. Your comment about SIGNAL wires gave me a clue. STAND BY

FIXED IT! Thanks for the SINGLE WIRE = SIGNAL

That was the clue I needed. THANK YOU!!!!

-GG
                                        Hey, we help each other. Glad you got it. I won't see mine for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• And….Much appreciated.

I see the opportunity for a note regarding this in the next rev of the manual. First-time gyro users (like me) would benefit from a simple note.

I was thinking the single brown wire had to go to the “-“ side of the RX connectors like it ALWAYS does.

A LEARNING MOMENT!

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X