Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I would want less, not more. I usually don’t use a knob but have a value set and then use a extra trim to increase or decrease from there.
    On this B2 I see very little elv correction which I’m fine with and more ail and rudder correction. So that tells me that it’s got different values for gain set in the different functions. I’m thinking the Ail’s are set to high and might need to be adjusted a bit.
    I could be wrong and want to fly it stock first but with no way to turn off the gyro and no means to lower gain during flight I worry slightly about over oscillation. Again stuff I normally don’t have to worry about using my own stabilizer.
    I did see a video last night of a guy flying her like he stole her. Looked like heavy oscillation at times. That’s what got me reading the manual and seeing the part on Gain input.

I’ll maiden stock and if I see any unwanted shakes, I’ll add the gain in and go from there.

thanks
    Gravy

Comment

• Regarding the Master gain input (== Channel 8?)... Xviper seems to think that with no input connected, the default value used by the gyro is 100%. However, I would guess that the default value would be at the center of the range - i.e. 50%. It would be nice to get an authoritative/definitive clarification on this detail. (The E52 manual is not at all clear on this and other details - such as channel ordering.)

Also, I asked this before and got no answer so will ask again... When will MRC be getting the E52 Gyro programming cards in stock? I plan on using an S-Bus receiver and will need a programming card (or a PC program?) to implement this configuration. Also, I would like to change the 3 available flight modes to: Normal, Autolevel and Off.

Comment

• One way to find out is to hook it up and see if you can increase the gain as well as decrease it....

Comment

• From all the maiden videos I've watched, it seems like a pretty docile flyer. The new club I am considering joining has a 300ft paved runway so it seems plenty big enough. Landings on grass appear a non-event where takeoffs from grass seem not very likely (sorry grass pilots). I did notice on at least two different pilot's videos after takeoff the right gear door would stay down. One pilot looks like he cycled his gear again in the air and that fixed it. Not sure if this will be an "issue" or not but I did take notice. Being a floater, looks like this one can handle the "Dead Stick" landing style...Chop the power on base and manage the nose level and bleed off the airspeed and gently settle her down.

Looks like mine arrives a week from Friday. Stoked! Appreciate all of the information/videos...
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
            Regarding the Master gain input (== Channel 8?)... Xviper seems to think that with no input connected, the default value used by the gyro is 100%. However, I would guess that the default value would be at the center of the range - i.e. 50%.
            With no connection made on the "gain" port on the gyro, the default value used by the gyro is whatever it's been set at from the factory. (So, in this sense, yes, it is 100% of whatever is already set in the device.) I highly doubt that the default setting from the factory is going to be 50% (on Ail or ELE). For these types of gyros (ie, HobbyEagle, Lemon, Freewing as OPPOSED to Spektrum AS3X gyros), 50% is WAY too much for a jet , even this one). It will be more like 35% to 40% and even that may be on the high side. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's all speculation about exactly what the factory set gains are until someone puts a programmer on it and see what it says.
            To the person who stated that they do not want to fly this plane without the ability to turn the gyro OFF or the ability to turn the gyro gains DOWN, although we don't know this for certain, I believe it is fairly certain that this can be done. This is where you hook up the "master gain" port on the gyro to any open channel that can be assigned to the rotary knob. NOW, you have the ability to dial the gain from ZERO (OFF) to 100% (of whatever is pre-set in the device from the factory).
            This was also stated in the Jax Quaid videos. Someone saying that they can't lower the gains without the programmer. I ask you ..................... Did anyone try? Hook up the "gain" port to a rotary and see. Don't make that assumption till you give it a try.

Comment

• It appears the internal settings are 40% aileron, 5% elevator, 100% rudder

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                One pilot looks like he cycled his gear again in the air and that fixed it. Not sure if this will be an "issue" or not but I did take notice.
                I saw that too, but thought maybe it was my imagination or poor eyesight. Since the gear doors are controlled via a sequencing feature of the "control box" and we've seen in the past, that these control boxes utilize common grounds for several circuits, it is possible that there could still be some ground "leaching" between adjacent ground paths. Also, I've seen where there are times where the plugs on the control board pins may need "refreshing" by wiggling each plug off and back on again. I've gotten into the habit of doing this to every plug on the control boards of every new plane that arrives on my hobby table. Same goes for any wing connectors. I know that alkaline or salty environments can cause deposits and mild corrosion on metal contact points on RC planes. Think about the environment that these boxes travel through to get to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  It appears the internal settings are 40% aileron, 5% elevator, 100% rudder
                  Great info. How was this discovered? Seems like 40% is too much for this plane on a full throttle high speed pass. Turning that down to say, 35% by master gain, isn't going to affect the ELE and RUD gain in a bad way.

Nevermind. Rudy picked it up in a video of the manual.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Great info. How was this discovered?

Nevermind. Rudy picked it up in a video of the manual.
                    Yup, I took a screenshot of the manual of the FNRC unboxing and setup video and used the iPhone text recognition to translate. Theres an extra photo in there too which shows where to measure the 2.5-3mm of up elevator trim from.

Comment

Regarding the Master gain input (== Channel 8?)... Xviper seems to think that with no input connected, the default value used by the gyro is 100%. However, I would guess that the default value would be at the center of the range - i.e. 50%.
                      When no input is connected to the master gain, it acts as if it's set at 100%.

Since gyro mode "off" is not one of the factory programmed modes, you can get the same effect by setting the master gain to zero.

Anyone wishing to experiment can download the HobbyEagle programming app and Windows driver for the A3S3 from the HE web site, and test to see if it connects. Do at your own risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                        When no input is connected to the master gain, it acts as if it's set at 100%. ...
                        You know this how?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I saw that too, but thought maybe it was my imagination or poor eyesight. Since the gear doors are controlled via a sequencing feature of the "control box" and we've seen in the past, that these control boxes utilize common grounds for several circuits, it is possible that there could still be some ground "leaching" between adjacent ground paths. Also, I've seen where there are times where the plugs on the control board pins may need "refreshing" by wiggling each plug off and back on again. I've gotten into the habit of doing this to every plug on the control boards of every new plane that arrives on my hobby table. Same goes for any wing connectors. I know that alkaline or salty environments can cause deposits and mild corrosion on metal contact points on RC planes. Think about the environment that these boxes travel through to get to us.
                          Good pins, er points! I'll be sure to do that to mine. It's not the end of the world if a gear door gets stuck once in awhile and cycling the gear again cures it, but it's nice if you don't have to worry about that.

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

Yup, I took a screenshot of the manual of the FNRC unboxing and setup video and used the iPhone text recognition to translate. Theres an extra photo in there too which shows where to measure the 2.5-3mm of up elevator trim from.
                            Any chance you can post those screen shots, or maybe you have and I missed it. Really like to see where they measure from.

thanks

Gravy

Comment

You know this how?
                              Reading comprehension.

Comment

• Well I’m going to put this into stuff my eyes see but my brain says “that’s garbage, off to the round file cabinet”
                                not only is what I was looking for but also on the page with throat recent repainting.

I will say the black lines are really hard to see, but camera zoom took care of that. And for the gyro setting n the last thing talked about on his page. Yes Page 8.

As I said earlier I’ll fly her stock and screw with the gain if need to if I notice issues.

Gravy
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Hello,

So I got my B2 in the mail on Monday I have not gotten it out of the box. I am thinking of returning it but I would like some honest reviews about this plane. I have seen some mixed reviews about the setup and the flying the bird let it be during take off or landing of this plane. I just would like to hear some honest takes on the plane.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by flyboy787 View Post
                                    Hello,

So I got my B2 in the mail on Monday I have not gotten it out of the box. I am thinking of returning it but I would like some honest reviews about this plane. I have seen some mixed reviews about the setup and the flying the bird let it be during take off or landing of this plane. I just would like to hear some honest takes on the plane.

Thank you
                                    Yah, I think this one is a complete disaster and would be more than happy to relieve you of it for say a 50% discount, which is obviously well more than it is worth. Seriously, you haven't even unboxed it and you're listening to a few crazies instead of the designers and those that have been flying it for over a year and are raving about it? Finish it out, set it up as the those real experts tell you to and just have a blast with it and stop whining!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Yah, I think this one is a complete disaster and would be more than happy to relieve you of it for say a 50% discount, which is obviously well more than it is worth. Seriously, you haven't even unboxed it and you're listening to a few crazies instead of the designers and those that have been flying it for over a year and are raving about it? Finish it out, set it up as the those real experts tell you to and just have a blast with it and stop whining!
                                      AMEN!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I'd send it back. That way, someone who really wants one can have it before they re-stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyboy787 View Post
                                          Hello,

Thank you
                                          Setting up the rudders can be fussy, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple. The video James linked above explains everything.

One but of advice, you can do 1/4 turns or even 1/8 turns on both sides of the pushrod to dial it in. You aren't limited to 1/2 turns like on a standard setup. Once I realized this, it was so much easier.

I've not seen a bad flight review yet. Can't wait for this storm to pass so I can fly mine.

Comment

Working...
                                          X