Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	b2-gyro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	342794

No gyro program card needed to change the gyro gain
    Guys, please stop telling that a program card is needed to adjust the master gyro gain on your B-2.

All you need is 1 female to female servo cable, 1 free channel on your TX and a slider or rotating knob .

Keep just one wire of you female to female servo wire (doesn't matter if you keep the black/red or white/yellow one) and connect it to the signal pin on a free channel of your rx. The other end goes into the lowest pin of the gyro gain port. See picture attached.

On your TX, assign a rotating knob or slider to the free channel where you connected the single signal pin. Change the weight of the channel to 150. (150 might be different on other brand of radios)

Now you will be able to raise the gyro gain or lower it and even shut it down while you are still operating in the normal gyro mode (with the solid red led).
    I found it easiest to put it on a rotating knob, so you can adjust the gain during your flight easily.

Pls excuse my basic drawing skills
    Click image for larger version

Name:	b2-gyro.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	342800
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Icarus the 2nd; Apr 13, 2022, 06:43 AM. Reason: added picture of single wire female to female servo cable
    https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
      Click image for larger version Name:	b2-gyro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	342794

Guys, please stop telling that a program card is needed to adjust the master gyro gain on your B-2.

All you need is 1 female to female servo cable, 1 free channel on your TX and a slider or rotating knob .
      I have been saying that for a while. It's just like the HobbyEagle scheme.

Comment

• So if currently the Ail are set 40%, Elv at 5% and rudder at full, if I connect and adj the gain 0-100% does the gyro settings lose the separation or does it stay.
        Which way does it work?

A. Adj Ail/Elv/Rud all the same now 0-100% ie all at say 50% mid gain setting?

B. Keeping the differential between the Three. Ie at 50 gain setting the Ail is 50% the Elv is 15% and rudder still 100, or at say 25% gain setting the Ail is 25% the Elv 0% and Rud is 85%?

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
          So if currently the Ail are set 40%, Elv at 5% and rudder at full, if I connect and adj the gain 0-100% does the gyro settings lose the separation or does it stay.
          Which way does it work?

A. Adj Ail/Elv/Rud all the same now 0-100% ie all at say 50% mid gain setting?

B. Keeping the differential between the Three. Ie at 50 gain setting the Ail is 50% the Elv is 15% and rudder still 100, or at say 25% gain setting the Ail is 25% the Elv 0% and Rud is 85%?

Gravy
          Here is the manual. I suggest people read it before messing with the gyro.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...ion_Manual.pdf

The master gain is just a multiplier for the individual gains. So if the master gain is set at 50% the effective gains become 50% of 40, 5, and 100 (which is 20, 2.5 and 50).

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	b2-gyro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	342794

Keep just one wire of you female to female servo wire (doesn't matter if you keep the black/red or white/yellow one) and connect it to the signal pin on a free channel of your rx. The other end goes into the lowest pin of the gyro gain port. See picture attached.

On your TX, assign a rotating knob or slider to the free channel where you connected the single signal pin. Change the weight of the channel to 150. (150 might be different on other brand of radios)

Now you will be able to raise the gyro gain or lower it and even shut it down while you are still operating in the normal gyro mode (with the solid red led).
            I found it easiest to put it on a rotating knob, so you can adjust the gain during your flight easily.

Just saying something is nice. This here really helped me, first time user of such a gyro. Thanks Icarus!

Comment

• Awesome, that’s what I was looking for I have the manual which does not explain that clear enough to me. Thanks that cleared it up for me.
              I have also liking it in the manual if 0-100% equals 1000us - 2000us. The two or three different gyros I have used work from 1500 - 2000.

Thanks again
              Gravy
              Last edited by Gravythe clown; Apr 13, 2022, 07:34 AM. Reason: Clarification of how many different gyros from “most”

Comment

• WARNING Triggered Venting Post:

Sheesh...Facebook is toxic. I can't believe people are getting so upset about the gyro settings from the factory?!

Honestly, they had to make it idiot-proof. If they had sold it with a programming card so many pilots would have decided "I know best about setup" and turned the gains down or up, crashed, then blamed it on MotionRC. They literally had to idiot-proof it and it worked. I haven't seen an unsuccessful maiden video yet. Making the gyro settings "locked" protected you from yourself. The whiny minority of pilots (the 5% of you that suck) reading this would not have been able to stop themselves from setting up their B-2 like their favorite hotliner-style jet thinking they knew best. When they crashed they would have blamed anyone but themselves for this and taken to social media to make sure everyone knew MotionRC was to blame.

Average pilots are posting up great maiden videos where they are flying and landing without issue and yet there are threads with people irritated that diving the kit from 800 ft at WOT causes oscillating. Are these people crazy? Literally, nothing will make them happy. They are delusional.

What's your other option? A $10,000 composite turbine? This is a groundbreaking foam EDF jet. Nobody has ever seen a kit like this before.
                It's a common man's exotic R/C bomber!

I have flown the B-2 and it's amazing. It has a wide flight envelope where the stock settings are just right. They set the gyro perfectly for your first flight so that you can have a SECOND flight.

Will there be upgrades in the future??? I sure hope so, that's the fun of the hobby, you can keep reinventing your old kit. However, job #1 was a successful first flight and MotionRC cooked that in for you. Say thank you. Most R/C companies could care less...

Old guns realize how nice this kit is and that the performance of this gyro is above average for a stock BNF kit. Noob-trolls think they should get a Bavarian Cortex gyro with this kit and that it should be fully customizable yet 100% foolproof and cost $500 shipped. Again, delusional.

Again, thanks MotionRC. 98% of us out here are loving what you guys do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Just saying something is nice. This here really helped me, first time user of such a gyro. Thanks Icarus!

good luck with your B-2!

Comment

• I‘m not upset about the gyro at all. But, a lot of questions came up and weren’t answered sufficiently. The kit comes with a manual for the E52. Am I supposed to read it? When I do, the confusion starts. I started looking to find the „Off mode“ (blue LED). Couldn’t find it! Is it accessible without the card?
                    So, should they better deliver the kit without that manual and make it clear to not touch anything?

The B-2 manual talks about „Gyro setting recommendation“. What is the model“s owner supposed to do with that information then?

Finally, there were discussions to „just connect“ the gyro gain control channel to the RX to have control about it. Not too many people were able to get it working, thanks again to Icarus for explaining it to gyro-newbies.

Thanks Motion for this model, now it‘s time for clear instructions regarding the few things than can be done (and can‘t or shouldn’t) with the E52.

Comment

• I fully agree with Radar-Guy's post. I expected a lot more info on the gyro parameters during the big live show or through the manuals.

It's a pitty that some pilots spread wrong info already.

But back to the plane now, I can't wait to maiden mine, the plane will be an eye-catcher at my field for sure, I expect several UFO sightings already

Comment

• Be very careful about choosing the switch to adjust gains. On Spectrum, the rotary switch should NEVER be used for gains. It is an analog switch and will not retain settings for the model.

If the switch is moved for either a different plane or just bumped, the new position will determine the gain settings at model setup.

Basically if you use the rotary knob, don't expect your settings to be the same as your last flight.

Use a digital trim switch instead, that's what the extra ones are there for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                          Be very careful about choosing the switch to adjust gains. On Spectrum, the rotary switch should NEVER be used for gains. It is an analog switch and will not retain settings for the model.

If the switch is moved for either a different plane or just bumped, the new position will determine the gain settings at model setup.

Basically if you use the rotary knob, don't expect your settings to be the same as your last flight.

Use a digital trim switch instead, that's what the extra ones are there for.
                          Thanks! PowerBox Core/M-Link here

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete914 View Post
                            WARNING Triggered Venting Post:

Sheesh...Facebook is toxic. I can't believe people are getting so upset about the gyro settings from the factory?!

Honestly, they had to make it idiot-proof. If they had sold it with a programming card so many pilots would have decided "I know best about setup" and turned the gains down or up, crashed, then blamed it on MotionRC. They literally had to idiot-proof it and it worked. I haven't seen an unsuccessful maiden video yet. Making the gyro settings "locked" protected you from yourself. The whiny minority of pilots (the 5% of you that suck) reading this would not have been able to stop themselves from setting up their B-2 like their favorite hotliner-style jet thinking they knew best. When they crashed they would have blamed anyone but themselves for this and taken to social media to make sure everyone knew MotionRC was to blame.

Average pilots are posting up great maiden videos where they are flying and landing without issue and yet there are threads with people irritated that diving the kit from 800 ft at WOT causes oscillating. Are these people crazy? Literally, nothing will make them happy. They are delusional.

What's your other option? A $10,000 composite turbine? This is a groundbreaking foam EDF jet. Nobody has ever seen a kit like this before.

I have flown the B-2 and it's amazing. It has a wide flight envelope where the stock settings are just right. They set the gyro perfectly for your first flight so that you can have a SECOND flight.

Will there be upgrades in the future??? I sure hope so, that's the fun of the hobby, you can keep reinventing your old kit. However, job #1 was a successful first flight and MotionRC cooked that in for you. Say thank you. Most R/C companies could care less...

Old guns realize how nice this kit is and that the performance of this gyro is above average for a stock BNF kit. Noob-trolls think they should get a Bavarian Cortex gyro with this kit and that it should be fully customizable yet 100% foolproof and cost $500 shipped. Again, delusional.

Well said! Bravo...

Comment

• Got mine all hooked up last night. The red light was blinking. I use spektrum so I went in an assigned a switch to the channel 6. This is where my mode plug is at. Flipped the switch and I can have all 3 modes with it now. Still fiddling with the rudders but hope that finished today and ready to fly. Balance came out nice with the spektrum 6s 5000mah battery all the way forward. Fantastic looking aircraft.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	b2-gyro.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	342800
                                Icarus has been the SMART one over at RC Guppy. This is something that Kallend and I have been saying for days, yet few believed it or even tried to understand it.
                                Remember the confusion with those colored single wire leads when connecting stuff to the gyro? Regardless of color, those single wires are ALL "signal" wires. They go into the signal pin of those 3-pin ports. This is the same for the master gain lead. You hook up ONLY the "gain" pin on the gyro to the signal pin on the empty RX port. In this instance, stop thinking in terms of "polarity". Forget about the color of the wire. Also, the other pins on the "gain" port of the gyro are for something else. They are NOT power and ground pins. If all you're doing is using the master gain, eliminate the other two wires. It has become obvious that some folks haven't gotten this concept and "It doesn't work".
                                As an aside, the rotary will adjust the set gains proportionally from ZERO to 100%. If the set gains are 40, 5, 100 and you put the rotary to 50%, you will get 20, 2.5, 50% on the gyro. Turning the rotary to ZERO is basically turning the gyro OFF. You can reduce the set gains but you cannot go above the set gains with the rotary, unless you increase the travel of the rotary above 100%, BUT, this has not been tried (by me) and cannot be confirmed until it has been tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete914 View Post
                                  WARNING Triggered Venting Post:

I find it ironic that the many of the ones making all those post, also posted they werent getting one. too rich for their budget.

Comment

I‘m not upset about the gyro at all. But, a lot of questions came up and weren’t answered sufficiently. The kit comes with a manual for the E52. Am I supposed to read it?
                                    YES.

It IS written in English. Even Icarus, who is apparently, Belgian, could understand it.

Comment

• First runs on grass today, the field had been mowed two hours before. Everything setup as per instructions, ESC were individually calibrated, 750g HRB 6s 5000mAh Lipo. Telemetry showed a max Amp draw of 106,2. That landing gear is definitely not made for such fields, before and after that I made several flights with my Avanti S. Disappointing...

Edit: A couple of successful flights with my Avanti S were also made this afternoon

Click image for larger version  Name:	B-2 Taxi Run 13 Apr 2022.JPG Views:	0 Size:	229.7 KB ID:	342857

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

YES.

It IS written in English. Even Icarus, who is apparently, Belgian, could understand it.
                                        Well Sir. I did, and -as said- before, then the confusion started. Be assured, after more than 34 years in ATC even I do have a basic command of this language.

Comment

First runs on grass today, the field had been mowed two hours before. Everything setup as per instructions, ESC were individually calibrated, 750g HRB 6s 5000mAh Lipo. Telemetry showed a max Amp draw of 106,2. That landing gear is definitely not made for such fields, before and after that I made several flights with my Avanti S. Disappointing...
                                          That's exactly what mine looked like on Sunday. Next time I go out I may add 5mm more up up in the elevators, use a smaller lipo and hold in some up during the takeoff run.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X