Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a ton of the 3668-1960Kv inrunner with 90mm 12B fan power system on order but they are in a different shipment. I don't have an ETA for that yet. Hopefully not too far behind.

Comment

FedEx just delivered mine. Its all put together awaiting a receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Swarick View Post
        FedEx just delivered mine. Its all put together awaiting a receiver.
        Woohoo, where is the picture??

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Woohoo, where is the picture??
          Here it is! Its mine, you can't have it....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cougar.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	379013
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Here it is! Its mine, you can't have it....

Click image for larger version Name:	Cougar.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	379013
            Looks great by the way.....

Comment

Painted the drop tanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Just putting mine together now. I carved a little foam to put the rx in the recess below the battery tray. Fits perfectly

one thing I noticed is that at about 1/2 travel on the flap servo the flaps hit the tanks. If you fly with the tanks make sure there isn’t a similar issue.

the painted tanks above look awesome

Click image for larger version

Name:	70775179113__FE1224EA-286B-4A6D-82BA-984C7F2A434C.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	379080

Comment

I am going to have to do something about that pilot. So far Im not having any luck finding a close enough ejection seat to print. I suppose while I'm at it I'll pretty up the pilot's workspace with some details.

good info here
                  Tailhook Topics Drafts: Grumman F9F/F-9 Panther and Cougar Ejection Seats

Tailhook Topics Drafts: Grumman F9F Panther/Cougar Canopy

Tailhook Topics Drafts: Search results for f9f​​

Comment

Quick PSA - Everyone make sure the gyro is moving the control surfaces the correct direction before you fly. Freewing is generally good with their gyro programming but please be double sure and check rudder, ailerons, and elevator to make sure the gyro is moving them the correct direction before your maiden.

Comment

I let them know on RCG. Am I correct in assuming someone reported that theirs was wrong? Also, to let people know, to correct it you need the programmer.

Freewing E52 6 Axis Gyro Programming Card [E5201] Motion RC

May be good to add a note to the product page, Support tab and in the instruction manual notes pg 10.​

Comment

Nobody has reported an incorrect setting but I always like to double and triple check, especially since this is only the second plane Freewing has made with a gyro. If it does need a change, a programmer is needed. Put this in the category of better safe than sorry.

BTW, the second shipment of Cougars is running slightly ahead of schedule. They are currently on a train to Chicago.

Comment

OK, I'll pass that along. Thanks.

Comment

So us folks in in the second shipment group may have our Cougars sometime next week then??

Comment

What about the shipment for us over here in europe??

Comment

Grear

Maiden Done. Had an issue with the Gyro Elevator function failed, the rudder and aileron were fine. Removed Gyro Flew Great

Nino

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5499.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	379141
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                  Nobody has reported an incorrect setting but I always like to double and triple check, especially since this is only the second plane Freewing has made with a gyro. If it does need a change, a programmer is needed. Put this in the category of better safe than sorry.

BTW, the second shipment of Cougars is running slightly ahead of schedule. They are currently on a train to Chicago.
                                  I am not sure about that. RC-Castle has notified its costumers that FreeWing has received at least two reports of reversed rudder gyro direction asking them to check for correct gyro directions before flying the plane. If there are 2 reports at this time, likely there are more. As mentioned by someone before, unfortunately a programming card is required to fix this for those who may have this issue.

This is not really a huge issue but not officially notifying customers on MRC page may cause more financial damage to the company.

My 2 cents.

Comment

How is Raymond notifying people?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      How is Raymond notifying people?
                                      Email.

Comment

Where’s that train? Lol

Comment

• I haven’t heard but was the second shipment sold out already? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X