Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is alot of smaller stuff coming out.. i think shipping cost has a bit to do with that,,, long they have the scale bits ,, i think people r happy

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

How hard was it to thread the wires for the afterburner through the fuselage? Did you have to remove the perforated cover over the ESC compartment?
      Yes I did have to remove it, but it goes back on super easy!!
      the burners fit great!

Comment

I am thinking of getting one. Can anyone tell me the wing span with the wings swept? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Iamrcpilot View Post
          I am thinking of getting one. Can anyone tell me the wing span with the wings swept? Thanks
          1250mm / 49.2"
          782mm / 30.8" Wings swept

Comment

Ordered mine last Wednesday. Says it will be here Monday (I'm in Canada). Pretty pumped! What is everyone using for an Rx? I've been using spektrum in my other stuff but because this has a separate gyro I went with a 10ch lemon Rx. I've never used them but the price point is right so I'm interested to see how it all works. This will be my first Freewing plane

Comment

Originally posted by Cogriff View Post
              Ordered mine last Wednesday. Says it will be here Monday (I'm in Canada). Pretty pumped! What is everyone using for an Rx? I've been using spektrum in my other stuff but because this has a separate gyro I went with a 10ch lemon Rx. I've never used them but the price point is right so I'm interested to see how it all works. This will be my first Freewing plane
              When I experiment with new (to me) hardware I don't test it in a US$500 airplane. I put it in an old beater until I'm sure it's working OK.

I'm using a Spektrum AR8010T with gyro mode lead not connected, which defaults to "Basic" (rate gyro), which is all I want to use anyway.

Comment

I'm interested to hear how this one does up in the hands of average modelers.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I’m very, tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Our field is a very, well maintained grass field. Hoping it will play nice.

Comment

If you don't like the foam thing (maybe a FLIR) that goes under the nose, here is a 3DP one you can print. I did this because mine was semi-crushed and ugly as it came out of the box and I figured rather than wait for MRC to replace it with another ugly foam one, I could do a better job, quicker.

Replaces the rather ugly foam one. Print with minimal infil to save weight. The plugs are to cover the screw holes in the wing glove. Pick ones that fit best.

Comment

Originally posted by HamiltonsHangar View Post
                      We added the KM RC Model double
                      Universal afterburners in the New Freewing F-14A They look amazing!! Just a slight modification needed for these and the stock screws do not fit because the 64mm has smaller holes than the 80/90mm EDF units. We also added in scale lighting to the back for the strobes, and the nose light, as well as the additional pilot will be placed in there tonight! I do not have any additional small green lights at this time. Otherwise I would have one in the cockpit as well. The maiden will be tomorrow if the wind is not as bad. We are super excited!! Motion RC #HamiltonHangar​
                      What did you use for landing lights? Where to get? I was thinking of the nose wheel light mount like a lot of other planes I have.
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by HamiltonsHangar View Post
                        We added the KM RC Model double
                        Universal afterburners in the New Freewing F-14A They look amazing!! Just a slight modification needed for these and the stock screws do not fit because the 64mm has smaller holes than the 80/90mm EDF units. We also added in scale lighting to the back for the strobes, and the nose light, as well as the additional pilot will be placed in there tonight! I do not have any additional small green lights at this time. Otherwise I would have one in the cockpit as well. The maiden will be tomorrow if the wind is not as bad. We are super excited!! Motion RC #HamiltonHangar​
                        What did you use for landing lights? Where to get? I was thinking of the nose wheel light mount like a lot of other planes I have.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I got mine set up, better weather tomorrow for maiden. fixed the only minus so far.

Comment

checked yesterday morning to pull the trigger on this one and noticed out of stock already. Tom ETA on next batch?

Comment

Q: New to the Reverse Thrust. Any Dos & Don't ?

Comment

Hammer007

Don't use it while performing a low pass.

Seriously, I hope you will report back here with any 'do's and don'ts' about thrust reversing ESC's and your Tomcat.

I have the 80mm ARF+ version I will be building later this year and would like to add thrust reversing ESC's instead of the standard MiG ESC's.

Welcome to "The Squawk". Glad to have you onboard, Sir.

Best, LB

PS: we had an older townhouse in Clearwater for a couple years and miss it terribly. Beautiful city.
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer007 View Post
                                  Q: New to the Reverse Thrust. Any Dos & Don't ?
                                  Mine is set up so it can't be activated unless the gear is down and the flaps are either half or full.

Comment

Figured I won't use it on the low pass. I do like the idea of setting up the gears down and flaps idea also. I was wondering if you need to be close to zero RPMs before reversing to motor? I typical land with ~1/4 throttle, and have the reversing bound to the Bind button. Being that its an electrical motor(no gears) it should be okay. Just don't want to have to replace motor so early if it burns up so windings....

Clearwater/Dunedin is nice place. Unfortunately, I need to travel up to Pasco to fly. No more room here in Pinellas County. And it's getting more crowded by the minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer007 View Post
                                      Figured I won't use it on the low pass. I do like the idea of setting up the gears down and flaps idea also. I was wondering if you need to be close to zero RPMs before reversing to motor? I typical land with ~1/4 throttle, and have the reversing bound to the Bind button. Being that its an electrical motor(no gears) it should be okay. Just don't want to have to replace motor so early if it burns up so windings....

Clearwater/Dunedin is nice place. Unfortunately, I need to travel up to Pasco to fly. No more room here in Pinellas County. And it's getting more crowded by the minute!
                                      The ESC momentarily cuts the throttle when reversing , but the change is still quite abrupt if you have any throttle open at all. I used the sequencer on my TX to insert a 1/2 second delay before throttling up in reverse to allow the fan to stop.

Comment

Sadly, I think the writing is on the wall for the twin 80mm F-14 (I've owned 3). With this release, any hope for a V2 or tech refresh is dead. Based on what I see, the 64mm is the better TC.. for many reasons. Unlike the 80mm version, this one was not released half baked. I may be wrong but, as they say "The king is dead, long live the king!"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                          I'm interested to hear how this one does up in the hands of average modelers.

Mike
                                          There is a good video on youtube with a RC pilot flying it off a runway at an air park in Tennasee! He did a great job filming it. That should answer your questions. Watch all his videos on the F-14 64mm Tomcat. I think he does three. You will see the progression.

Comment

Working...
                                          X