Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks , I'll check it out. I need another airframe like I need a hole in the head , but what the hell.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

After a few flights I gotta say freewing hit this one out of the park! I set mine up as per Wes's video and its a joy to fly. If anything ,its a little floaty with flaps down. It maneuvers well with the wings for ,mid or swept,A pleasant surprise, the other two tomcats I have owned became very nose heavy with the wings aft. Good choice on the paint scheme! I can see the white real good. I was afraid of the 64mm power ,but its got plenty with "normal batteries{ not HV }. I guess the Chinese don't like RIOs,WSOs or Copilots but other than that Its great!

Comment

The armament for the Tomcat is not up to the same standard as the rest of the airframe (IMO), especially the Sidewinders which are horrible.

I have put properly shaped nosecones for the Phoenix and Sparrow, and a complete 3DP Sidewinder at 1:15 scale, on

The nosecones on the stock Phoenix and Sparrow are the wrong shape: carefully cut off the foam noses and glue these in their place. The stock Sidewinder is just horrible.This Sidewinder is a remix of a larger one by ShadowVFX, scaled to 1:15 for this model. In view of the reduced size I had to make some minor adjustments so that it sliced properly, and I added a Freewing mounting lug. Print with minimal infill to save weight. Original is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3592144

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post

What did you use for landing lights? Where to get? I was thinking of the nose wheel light mount like a lot of other planes I have.
          Since this wasn't answered, what I used was a cheap white 1W LED bead on the nose leg, and wired it directly to the "Taxi Light" pins on the control board. No other components needed.

Comment

I have a question for those setting up their F-14 on a Spectrum transmitter. I am in the middle of setting up my F-14. I noticed I had to reverse aileron and elevator in the servo setup. With all the concerns of getting the gyro working correctly and with my experience these reverse settings are supposed to be done before gyro setup. I haven't gotten to testing yet. Just wondering.

Also, I notice my rudders are not perfectly 90 degrees to the fuse. Anyone else have that issue?

Comment

While easy to set up you still have to go through everything and make adjustments or changes to servos and pushrods. Check the gyro direction of correction with the level flight mode. I had to reverse servos and the gyro still worked perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
                I have a question for those setting up their F-14 on a Spectrum transmitter. I am in the middle of setting up my F-14. I noticed I had to reverse aileron and elevator in the servo setup. With all the concerns of getting the gyro working correctly and with my experience these reverse settings are supposed to be done before gyro setup. I haven't gotten to testing yet. Just wondering.

Also, I notice my rudders are not perfectly 90 degrees to the fuse. Anyone else have that issue?
                1. Suggest you test before worrying about it. Instructions on how to deal with any issues are in Wes's video posted previously.

2. They aren't meant to be at 90 degrees. They are canted out.

Both of your questions were also answered in the other forum where you asked the exact same thing.

Comment

So I replaced the elevator servos with Hitec HS85MG. Now I notice a constant twitching in the servo's on both elevators? Looks like they are constantly moving at couple mm in both directions. Doing this with gyro off and in gyro mode with same results. Tested servos before install and no issues. Tried to isolate issue by unplugging Hitec servo's and plugging stock servos on the control board and no more twitching. Stock servos seem to work correctly but as soon as I plug in the Hitec servos again the twitching returns. I've updated all my jets elevators with Hitec's and never seen this issue before. Any ideas?

Comment

You'll probably have to go straight to the Rx and physically bypass the board.
                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
                      So I replaced the elevator servos with Hitec HS85MG. Now I notice a constant twitching in the servo's on both elevators? Looks like they are constantly moving at couple mm in both directions. Doing this with gyro off and in gyro mode with same results. Tested servos before install and no issues. Tried to isolate issue by unplugging Hitec servo's and plugging stock servos on the control board and no more twitching. Stock servos seem to work correctly but as soon as I plug in the Hitec servos again the twitching returns. I've updated all my jets elevators with Hitec's and never seen this issue before. Any ideas?
                      Was there a reason you swapped servos or was it just something you do ?

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Was there a reason you swapped servos or was it just something you do ?

Mike
                          Force of habit I guess. I replace all my elevator servo's on my jets. I hate relying on a $9.00 servo in my expensive planes. Piece of mind more than anything else.

Comment

Question for ones that have already been flying theirs.
                            Is their any elevator trim difference noticed or needed between swept wing position and open/regular wing position.
                            Curious what’s been anyone’s experience so far. Getting ready to maiden mine tomorrow or Thursday.
                            Thanks in advance!

Comment

Re-posting this as if you get one with the elevator gyro leads reversed it will likely cause a crash, ALL owners using the gyro need to watch this.

Those receiving their new Freewing Twin 64mm F-14, so helpful info regarding the new gyro before your maiden!Motion RC Merch available here: https://motion-r...

Comment

Originally posted by Pete914 View Post
                                Man I love how Motion operates. Super fast shipping on the East Coast.
                                Seems like mine arrived in good shape. The wings look tiny! I'm sure it will have some presence though when put together.
                                Stoked :) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3075.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	398949 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3076.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	398950 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3077.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	398951
                                Could you tell me the size of the box or package? thanks

Comment

@ Motion rc.. any update on the arrival for the european warehouse?

Thanks!

Comment

My thoughts on the F-14.

The F-14 Tomcat twin 64mm from Freewing is the best 64mm jet you're going to fly. There is nothing else as powerful or feature packed as this jet. Or, with o...

Comment

Ok well its on the Eu warehouse, I see it needs 7-9 channel for trust reverse, just asking if I can fly this on 7channel, I guess it will mean not able to turn the giro on and off which I'm ok with? Thanks

Comment

Yes without reverse

Comment

Thanks Evan D, I fly off a grass strip so reverse is of no use

Comment

Working...
                                          X