X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    64. Flap Mix. I mixed 10% of UP flap to correspond with flaps. Sometimes I use a 15% UP mix. Iʻve tested up to 25% UP mix, which is still controllable on landing. Overall though, as much as it may not seem like it would, Iʻve found that this 90mm F-104 lands nicely and predictably with little or no flap at all. Most of the landings on video so far have been without flap, to show the controllability of the model at slow speed.
    Alpha, can I assume you meant "10% UP Elevator" in the above?

Comment

3 flights Nov 9th

Comment

Comment

That F-104 is wicked!

Comment

Looks great Urrl, sometimes a guy just needs a drag chute though...
            LOL

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks. Another recent flight.

Comment

Excellent video. You have really got the landings dialed in. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by urrl View Post
                  Thanks. Another recent flight.
                  You are really making that thing fly great!! Keep up the good work! Mine shows tomorrow!! Can no wait! I will be picking your brain for set up advice...
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Thanks Gooniac33
                    To me the Freewing 90mm F-15 is a pretty, trust worthy home girl but the F-104 is the gorgeous, fickle minx with an occasional suicidal tendency; she must be kept on a short leash and I don't think I'll ever really get to fully know her, but that is part of her allure. That is why, when there is no cross wind, that she is the first in the field. She is a great jet and full of excitement as long as you treat her like the real thing; the Widowmaker that she is. Be warned; never forget it and don't bank too steeply.

Comment

I would recommend not to bank too steeply and not to glide in while banking during your landing approach, but by now I'm pretty sure most of you know that.

Comment

Thanks for posting Urrl, I really appreciate this kind of analysis and added context behind your videos. I agree with you that anyone flying a Starfighter should be of sufficient skill level to already know this aircraft won't take too kindly to steep banks at slow speed. But seeing things visually like this is an excellent teacher and reminder!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          Thanks for posting Urrl, I really appreciate this kind of analysis and added context behind your videos. I agree with you that anyone flying a Starfighter should be of sufficient skill level to already know this aircraft won't take too kindly to steep banks at slow speed. But seeing things visually like this is an excellent teacher and reminder!
                          Almost all of these 90mm birds need lots of care when landing!! It isn't the usual chop the throttle and let it sink type of deal. This is much more involved and requires the skills to land a jet under power controlling altitude with the throttle and attitude with the other controls. The F-5 is probably the best plane to get you used to having to set up for landings in this fashion...

I have my 104 still in the box and will hopefully get going on it here this week. I would love to get it airborne by sunday... The F-15 and Mig-21 have been a blast!!! This plane looks to be just as much fun once you give it the respect that it deserves!!
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

So true, you have to fly these type of planes all the way in. 3D planes sometimes get people into bad habits thinking they can just chop the Throttle and Elevator these planes to the ground and they are in for a rude awakening when that Tip Stall kicks in.

Comment

mispost....

Comment

I got mine in the air today!!! I got 4 flights on it and am totally in love with it! It is stock and flies like a bullet!! super stable and should not be able to fly as well as it does! Can not wait to fly it again!!

Comment

Congrats Gooniac!
                                  Here are some previous flights...Don't know how the rudder was so maladjusted, but at least I will look at control surfaces more closely from now on

Comment

Yesterday morning flight.

Comment

Here are the 2 flights I got on video...

Comment

Wow, great save there uurl. Okay, really thinking about getting this one after watching all the videos. I know this is has been asked a bunch I'm sure, exactly where is the CG located that everyone is using to start with, 78mm as per the manual?? Reason I'm asking is, I see a lot of videos where you can see right from the take off that it is tail heavy, some guys just take off nice and smooth, let me know, can someone post a pic with it upside down and marked cg?? Also when balanced, are we talking slighty nose down or level?? I balance all my planes, jets, helis with nose down, I like the heavy nose feel anyway, I set everything up that way. If I missed this in a post somewhere, sorry.

Comment

Well, mine will be here soon, can't wait to fly it. Any of you have some suggestions on the maiden flight??....;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X