X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 90mm F-104 Starfighter Thread

Many of you have known about this bird for a while since Sebart previewed it in Europe last fall. We're pleased to announce that after a few tweaks Freewing is nearing completion of our first order of 90mm F-104 Starfighters, in both the Silver and the Yellow color schemes, and the shipping date is close enough that we're comfortable beginning a pre-order. We've had lots of fun flying this aircraft over the past several months, and are confident it adds something unique and refreshing to any pilot's jet hangar. We're especially proud to offer this aircraft at the same price as our other 90mm Super Scale Series aircraft, even though every F-104 PNP includes a pre-installed Freewing E51 gyro in it. Scale landing gear, speed brakes, and an LED afterburner ring rounds out the features of this stellar model! Available in both PNP and ARF PLUS variants, get yours today!

Classic Silver:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nt=23930291782

Italian Yellow:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nt=23932224902
    Attached Files
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Comment

That yellow one sure is purdy...I can see me picking one of this up in the near future
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Down on the deck pass... I love trying to drag the tip tanks at 90mph... photo courtesy of the great Ken Simmons

Comment

Geez Alpha, you scare the heck out of me!!
            Glad to see that the F 104 is coming along, my first thought was that its one hell of an accomplishment getting it to scale down and be able to fly reasonably well, Now it looks as if it will be a great flying plane, the gyro should help out alot!

Now, just how long does that make the fuse??

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Nah, with the gyro the bird is solid. Low passes are easy, just keep her straight. Good fun!

The total length is 1720mm, a hair under 68". Popping off the magnetic nose cone/pitot piece reduces the length by 11.75", basically you have 56" long fuse to contend with. That's right around the wingspan of our 1400mm/55" warbirds, to give everyone a rough idea. It's surprisingly easy to transport, despite its size. Mine fits along the back seat bench, even with the tip tanks on. If needed, the tip tanks unscrew, and the tailgroup unscrews as well if you wanted to reduce the plane to a blunt nosed cigar with wings.

Comment

Watched this one fly at Apollo a few weeks ago. Even though I have the 70mm offering from FNRC, I may have to get this one as well.
                Pat

Comment

What's the brake situation on it? It look like it has operating airbrakes on the side of the fuse, does it have wheel brakes? Let's get real authentic, how about a drag chute!?

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Here's some photos of the 90mm F-104. It's a sweet flying jet! :)

Comment

Looks really great, thanks Tony and Evelyn! Strap that thing to her back and power it up.

Grossman, no brake chute on this model. The speed brakes can be deployed though, which really slows down the approach, or the rollout, whenever the pilot actuates them. The F-104 doesn't look like it will land slowly, but as anyone with the 70mm F-104 can attest, this bird can really surprise a pilot with its slow handling characteristics. I'm sure some industrious modelers will retrofit brakes into their 90mm F-104s, but it isn't necessary, and Sebart deemed it wasn't worth the extra cost, etc.

Comment

Dang Evelyn, that jet is taller than you! Great job on the pictures guys! Looks like quite the airplane.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Really beautiful Jet.

Comment

I can't wait to get this plane!! I will be coming down to so cal hopefully sometime in august....
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Here a flight in the wind with my Yellow 90mm F-104....love this jet and you will too! )
                              Late afternoon flight at Apollo Field on Saturday, 6 Aug 2016. Flying the Starfighter in an Admiral 6S 5000 pack.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                Here a flight in the wind with my Yellow 90mm F-104....love this jet and you will too! )
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_qgXP3UTM
                                You just confirmed me needing this jet with that perfect nose high landing.... I want I want I want!!!
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Yeah, crap, now I want one even more. I heard that Santa is bringing me one.

Comment

Looks awesome! Hard to believe that an F 104 could be that stable! Ain't technology grand!!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

This Starfighter is really awesome guys! Average flight times are around three minutes, especially with ambient temps above 85+ degrees. I'm looking forward to evaluating battery efficiency when the cool air returns to Southern California.....hopefully soon! ;)

Comment

I'd be happy to evaluate it in cool Iowa temperatures. :)

Comment

Working...
                                        X