Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm Avanti S Sport Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that is the dilemma on the smaller sizes. My club is hosting the Jet Jam in June and RcJetwerx(Andy) will be bringing some of those RoaringTop batteries for all of us to buy and use in the Avanti and the A10 so been looking around at options. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstyphoon View Post
      Now that is close but again the top limit seems to be 5000mah but again, the graphene is said to be like getting additional capacity over the rated mah due to being higher current available and flying at a reduced throttle setting for similar performace.....just what i have read so far. Also, for the A10, at x8 those at 75 each would be $600 for two sets of dual 6s configs. My funds dont go that deep unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post

Now that is close but again the top limit seems to be 5000mah but again, the graphene is said to be like getting additional capacity over the rated mah due to being higher current available and flying at a reduced throttle setting for similar performace.....just what i have read so far. Also, for the A10, at x8 those at 75 each would be $600 for two sets of dual 6s configs. My funds dont go that deep unfortunately.
        I thought the A-10 uses 6s 5000 x 2, so that is equivalent to 3s 5000 x 4, so "only" $300. Anyway, I was going to use two batteries that I already have, so that comes to $0.

Comment

• Yep but add another set to charge while one is flying. Not to mention i could rotate to the Avanti which would be just two 3s2s

Comment

• Thanx Swissty, but you missed my point of......"without paying stupid prices" ;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Here you go G+ 6000mAh 3s or 6s 70c I have used them they are great lipos and of course Graphine power :)forgot to mention free shipping within the USA

http://www.chinahobbyline.us/product...01607/538.html

Or 5000mAh 3s or 6s 40c 34.99 $ for 3s

http://www.chinahobbyline.us/product...01511/367.html

Comment

• I have not had too much luck building my planes lately. I really kind screwed up my last F7 trying to make the repairs myself. I am just going to lay low for a while until my luck improves. I use UPS and I tend to get all the damage they can do. Motion is really good at offering to replace damaged parts.I wish I could get one that was not damaged for a change. I cancelled my order for this one for the same reason, as well as the A-10..

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                  Yep but add another set to charge while one is flying. Not to mention i could rotate to the Avanti which would be just two 3s2s
                  Ah, I got mixed up which forum I was on....I am waiting for both the A10 and the Avanti to arrive. Anyway, my understanding is that A10 uses 2x 6s 5000 = 4x 3s 5000, and Avanti uses 1x 6s 5000 = 2x 3s 5000. So the only way I see 8x 3s 5000 if is you want to have duplicate sets for the A10.

I seldom take two battery sets for the same plane. By the time I have rotated through all the planes I brought, and spent a bit of time yakking with people, I almost never end up waiting for the charger.

Comment

• Hi buddies... just a question.. I know that Avanti is not a full size scale model, but what is the right looks of a bust pilot...could someone post a link of a cool pilot for this ship?.. Tx for granted. Manolo.

Comment

• For something like the Avanti I don't think there's a right or wrong...Whatever you feel like putting in it. Jet pilot, civilian, skeleton, super hero... ;)
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• And now the drum roll as we get through the last weekend (hopefully) without this bird being parked in the hangar!!

I ordered a great bust from TShobbies because he's a great guy and I wanted to support him, I'll see if that one fits when she arrives.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          For something like the Avanti I don't think there's a right or wrong...Whatever you feel like putting in it. Jet pilot, civilian, skeleton, super hero... ;)
                          Ok... catch the idea...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            And now the drum roll as we get through the last weekend (hopefully) without this bird being parked in the hangar!!

I ordered a great bust from TShobbies because he's a great guy and I wanted to support him, I'll see if that one fits when she arrives.

Grossman56
                            With the long holiday weekend coming up next weekend, I'm hoping that batch 1 will start shipping on Monday. That way I might have it in my hands in time to enjoy it (weather permitting) over the holiday.
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I'm not sure what "idea" it is we should be catching re: the pilot. It's a "make belief" plane, so whatever you want to put in there, it's your choice. If you like a realistic pilot on a pretend airplane, then go with that. I think that's what Aros was trying to say. Or were you asking what size or scale of pilot you need based on the size and scale of the plane? In which case, is it like a scaled down BD-5 (tiny plane, pilot looks huge) or F-14 (big jet, pilot looks tiny)?
                              For me, it's really not that important since the plane doesn't really exist in real life and even if it does .......................................
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2294.JPG Views:	1 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	75458
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2840.JPG Views:	1 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	75459Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2262.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.1 KB ID:	75460

Comment

• Comment

• Tx so much for those pics buddy... what I was trying to say is the right scale or pilot size that could match well and looks a little as " scale " even that jet doesn´t exist... see many pics of this airplane but till now doesn´t see a canopy interior and at least for me it´s a true pitty let that awesome transparent canopy without adding some details and pilots.., love scale models too and most of my planes want to do something inside these canopies. Best regards friends.
                                  Manolo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ULTIMATETWO View Post
                                    Tx so much for those pics buddy... what I was trying to say is the right scale or pilot size that could match well and looks a little as " scale " even that jet doesn´t exist... see many pics of this airplane but till now doesn´t see a canopy interior and at least for me it´s a true pitty let that awesome transparent canopy without adding some details and pilots.., love scale models too and most of my planes want to do something inside these canopies. Best regards friends.
                                    Manolo.
                                    As far as "scale" is concerned, it's really tough because noone can say how big this plane would be if it were "real". My example of the BD-5 (micro jet) or an F-14 is quite a vivid comparison. In real life, an average pilot sitting in a BD-5 looks like he's got macrocephaly, while the pilot in an F-14 looks like "mini me". I think it's what looks right to you. You can't go wrong in any case. Personally, if this plane were real, I think it would be sized in the F-86 Sabre class or no smaller than the Viper jet.
                                    And insofar as the Avanti is a "sport" jet rather than a military jet, the pilot wouldn't necessarily have all the fighter pilot gear. He'd look like a civilian. Click image for larger version  Name:	554393960_4b5592d062_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	395.9 KB ID:	75561

Comment

• What a beautiful pic example...¡¡¡¡ take your note about that sir...will give a more free imagination about that cause one actually it´s not concerned to a determinated scale or prototipe...Tx so much. Manolo.

Comment

• With any luck, the MRC warehouse will be busy shipping these birds out this week!:Cool::)

Comment

Working...
                                        X