Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 262 is ready to fly again. Hope to get to the field in a day or two. Took some of the flaps out. She like to float along while landing. Flies very smooth and very enjoyable.

Comment

• Had a nice flight and a great landing. Sorry the video camera did not work. I did not use the landing flaps this time. I did use my take off setting. 5 to 6mm. Worked perfect for take off and landing.

Comment

• HAHAHAHAHA! The video worked this time. Such a nice flying and handling aircraft.

Comment

• Another.

Comment

• It very interesting to note that the full size original aircraft had problems with the strength of the nose strut. Your belly cam reveals how much the nose strut is strained side to side. I really enjoy the onboard cams. Here is a recent flight with my 262.

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• What cam are you useing? Nice video with narration.

Comment

• Thx, this vid uses the Insta360x.
                There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• I sold mine about a year ago but the friend I bought it off of a few years back died this past summer, so I went on a hunt and found my old ME-262 and the guy has agreed to sell her back to me!!!
                  I will be so happy to get her back and keep part of my old friend with me in form of his old ME-262! What I don't have is the throws and rates I had, just my old GWS ME-262 settings. If anybody could help me on this one I would love it!
                  Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Just recieved the Me262, from the wife for christmas! im beyond stoked to have this bird in my fleet. im new to the forums not new to flying, ive done a bunch of reading through the forums but just now making an account. i see the nose gear strength mods needed, and that should be no trouble as i had to do similar in my 64mm freewing a10.
                    i cant wait to get this jet out to the field and fly it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211224_231541.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	333370

Comment

• I have a question for all you M2 262 fans. With a wingspan of 1500mm (almost 59"), I won't be able to fit the 262 into my van. Are you guys removing the wing(s) to transport your planes? And if so, how are the bits and pieces holding up? With the 262, there are a lot of plugs to be dealt with. Thanks; Ernie P.

Comment

• Originally posted by ob1hulk View Post
                        Just received the Me262, from the wife for Christmas!...
                        O1, I take it then, that the "Liberator" was your gift to your wife. Very nice. Congrats on the Flightline/Freewing Christmas. Ho-ho-ho!!! Bravo Zulu, Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Ernie P. View Post
                          I have a question for all you M2 262 fans. With a wingspan of 1500mm (almost 59"), I won't be able to fit the 262 into my van. Are you guys removing the wing(s) to transport your planes? And if so, how are the bits and pieces holding up? With the 262, there are a lot of plugs to be dealt with. Thanks; Ernie P.
                          What kind of van? I can get the 262 into my VW Sportwagen fully assembled. A "van" should be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            What kind of van? I can get the 262 into my VW Sportwagen fully assembled. A "van" should be easy.
                            Sir; my van is a Chrysler Town & Country. The opening at the rear is around 54", but it squeezes down a bit a couple of feet forward (over the rear wheels) of that. My Avanti S (48.6") just barely squeezes in, straight on. I assume you are putting your plane in on a slant? Thanks; Ernie P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ernie P. View Post

Sir; my van is a Chrysler Town & Country. The opening at the rear is around 54", but it squeezes down a bit a couple of feet forward (over the rear wheels) of that. My Avanti S (48.6") just barely squeezes in, straight on. I assume you are putting your plane in on a slant? Thanks; Ernie P.
                              Well, of course. It's not going in straight. To get a plane that size into a vehicle like a Sportwagen, you have to be creative, think outside the box. You put one wing in first, then at a slant, you get the rest in, changing the slant and the angle as it needs. The opening in your T&C is cavernous compared to my Sportwagen and the overall space inside is again, gigantic.
                              I can easily fit a 1500mm Eflite Mustang, 1620mm Avios Albatross, 1600mm C-130 Hercules, whole. In fact, I can take two of these, one the floor and one on the upper shelf, which I built for the car.

Here's a picture of my shelf with a large biplane (small compared to the Albatross) on the bottom and Stinger 90 on top, with a sailplane in pieces stored in the spare spaces. I don't happen to have a picture of the 262 in there or I'd show you.
                              Oh, BTW, this is my old Golf GTI, a bit smaller than my current Sportwagen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2044.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	335159

Comment

• Sir; okay, I just have to get creative. And be very careful. Thanks for the help; Ernie P.

Comment

• Hello all,
                                  just received my 262 v2. 😍
                                  Regarding the square cf tubing to strengthen the nose section, can anyone tell me what dimensions you recommended/used? Many thanks and safe, fun flights.

Comment

• I used 5x3mm CF tubing (5mm OD, 3mm ID) embedded in both sides, like you see here... and I extended it as far as I could into the nose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180903_082440.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	338446Click image for larger version

Name:	20180903_083413.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	338447
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I did it exactly the same with the CF rod along the nose. I've had no issues at all with cracking or bending, but I do fly off tarmac. You'll love the 262. Its a real pleasure to fly so stable its a nice relaxing edf.

Comment

• The CF addition works great. I've been flying mine from grass for the last four years with no issues with the nose area.

Comment

• I should say that I broke the nose off my first ME262 (v1) which didn't have any reinforcement installed.
                                          It broke off during a landing, and it wasn't a very hard one. Hard enough!
                                          I repaired it and added the tubes on each side and flew for several more years, then did the same on V2 and have no problems. Its a very easy reinforcement that will help your jet last a lot longer. These pics are from 2016

Click image for larger version  Name:	Crashed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	338530

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161208_221531.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.5 KB ID:	338531
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X