Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, BTW, I have one square rod on each side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer Keith View Post

thank you
      That's right, its was just my choice. I just stuck it in there in the middle because I am bit OCD. I don't think it matters exactly where it located. But it is needed. On my first 262 I snapped the nose clean off during a fairly normal landing. After I installed this, on both the first and second plane I've had no problems at all.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• With too many new releases from Freewing lately this Old Favourite was feeling dejected & unloved
        Decided to show it some Love ..

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
          With too many new releases from Freewing lately this Old Favourite was feeling dejected & unloved
          Decided to show it some Love ..

https://youtu.be/mUojl-i9cEM
          Nice job, thanks for posting!! I like the way you flew it, especially that takeoff.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Nice job, thanks for posting!! I like the way you flew it, especially that takeoff.
            Thanks.. I treat this model with respect.. It can have a tendency to bite you in the derrière if pushed beyond its limits ..

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

That's right, its was just my choice. I just stuck it in there in the middle because I am bit OCD. I don't think it matters exactly where it located. But it is needed. On my first 262 I snapped the nose clean off during a fairly normal landing. After I installed this, on both the first and second plane I've had no problems at all.
              Figured I might as well do both sides lol.
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh yeah, we definitely did both sides. I just took the picture of one side as an illustration.

Comment

• Crashed my ME-262 last week, going through a rebuild but manual only for PNP..... any chance someone could post picture of how the servo for the gear doors are set up? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Add two layers of clear gorilla tape, both sides, on the bottom to keep gap at front of wing from spreading and breaking off the nose at that locatìon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Casey C View Post
                      Crashed my ME-262 last week, going through a rebuild but manual only for PNP..... any chance someone could post picture of how the servo for the gear doors are set up? Thanks in advance!
                      Is this what you are looling for?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Creative RC View Post

Add two layers of clear gorilla tape, both sides, on the bottom to keep gap at front of wing from spreading and breaking off the nose at that locatìon.

thank you for the tip. I already have over 50 flights on it without the tape and it’s been an awesome jet. When I crash this one, I will immediately reorder it.

Comment

• Replaced the main gear that was bending with the larger diameter strut from the Stinger 90. For that you have to use the axles and wheels of the Stinger 90 and come up with your own spacer on the axle. I did use the stiffer springs found in the Me-262 struts and filed a second flat spot on the retract pin for the second set screw, however. Eight flights on a short grass field and these are holding up well.

Comment

• My nose reinforcing with carbon fibre arrow tubes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Creative RC View Post

Is this what you are looling for?
                              Yes thank you.... I was having trouble figuring out the pushrod arrangement for the sequenced doors, also realized what servo you use is also critical.

Comment

• For better visibility. Will start with this and later change the blue and red band at the rear of fuselage to this color as well. If I don't feel it the wing tips and the band is enough, the next step will be the nacelles. I don't think I will go as far as including the nose.

As for the underside, I have no definitive plan, but I may start with black wing tips.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Hey all, I'm looking at swapping the nose gear to something more scale. I tried the Flightline F7F main gear, but that was too big. I might try the P-38 nose gear, but I was wondering if anyone else might have some ideas (or a solution!) Thanks!

Comment

• I bought the P-38 NG with the very same idea. Also got some bigger main wheels and a new pilot. Just haven't had a chance to get the plane outta the box yet!
                                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• I am sure this has been put on the forum but just a quick one .i noticed there are no aileron or elevator surgested movement in the manual. Can some one give me a starting point on what to set the aileron and elevator movements they are using on there 262.Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                                        I am sure this has been put on the forum but just a quick one .i noticed there are no aileron or elevator suggested movement in the manual. Can some one give me a starting point on what to set the aileron and elevator movements they are using on their 262.Thanks
                                        A lot depends on your own flying preference - how you like your plane to feel. I like flying "realistically" with big turns and slow movements, makes it look great in the air.
                                        So that being said: I don't have measurements for you but this is what worked for me:
                                        Ailerons: middle hole on the aileron, 50% travel on my radio, 35% expo
                                        Elevator: outside hole on the elevator, 80% travel on my radio, 35% expo
                                        Rudder: 100% throw, 50% expo (extra expo helps with ground steering)
                                        Flaps - maximum throw (on this plane the flaps function mainly as air brakes)

So as you can see, I cut down the aileron throw because as originally set up, they had way too much throw. If you set yours up with more aileron it may be fine, but I found it to have too much so I cut it back.

Starting out, I would suggest setting a "low rate" on your radio, like 65 or 70%, which will help calm things down on your first flights and then you can go to "high rates" for regular flying. You can always dial up the throws once you get used to it, if you want it to be more responsive.

One other thing - with the bigger batteries (like 5000, etc) the plane can be nose-heavy. Push the battery back to the rear of the compartment. And reinforce the inside of the nose (many previous posts about that).
                                        Then you should be good to go and find out how you like it.

Comment

• Thanks "mudduck" I will use your recommendations . I also like to fly it scale like so your recommendation will be exactly what I was looking for 👍

Comment

Working...
                                          X