Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I did my maiden and I lost my foam servo hatch in the bean field but it flew and landed beautifully.
    Anyone have a spare hatch not being used? lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	811E54A8-2B35-4183-A5C2-C3C6EF935997.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	142908

Thanks

Comment

• Awe man about the hatch, but very good stuffabout the flight and landing :Cool:

Comment

• These fly great warped or not

Comment

• The version with the new paint scheme is now in stock, I just ordered it. There is a really good chance it'll be here Saturday for a Sunday maiden.

Comment

• Flight Review of the new scheme Me 262

Comment

• And the build video.

Comment

• Unboxing & Assembly video for everyone. Thanks Ryan!

Comment

• Oh man Love the paint!!! Did they ever fix the nose gear area so that you can land on grass? I've seen a few nice landings with this aircraft in grass and the nose just snaps off.

Comment

• I don't understand the split flaps on this model. Why?
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Me262A-1a_7621.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	144970
                      Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                      I don't understand the split flaps on this model. Why?
                      Why? Scale to airframe, maybe not

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        I don't understand the split flaps on this model. Why?
                        This is the same model as before, just painted up differently (and of course it also has the motor upgrade). They didn't change anything on the airframe because that would have incurred a big expense.. In earlier posts I did notice that someone cut the wing up and installed "real" flaps instead of split flaps to make it look like that picture above. So its doable...
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• My old one got smashed up beyond repair due to a brownout which was my fault (I would have had to replace the fuse, and why would I when I knew this one was coming) so I just ordered the new one!

Order 343327

Yay, so I already have some spare parts. (check out post #71, I tried to sell the "remains" but no one was interested!!)
                          Guys, its strongly recommended to add some CF reinforcement to the inside of the nose on this plane. There's some weight up front and the physics of inertia can snap the nose right off in a bad landing (its a weak spot). Other than that - like you see in the video, this plane is an awesome flyer. I can hardly wait to fly the new one!
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• correction.. saw a pic posted, thought it was the model... its not.

Split flaps used on the model are really not appropriate.
                            they are doing the classic "split"... upper half of TE fixed, lower half comes down.

The sections of flap inboard and outboard of the engine nacelles is the correct idea.

Full scale it appears the top of the flap is shorter than the bottom, and the whole flap pushes back as it rotates down. This is essentially a single stage Folwer flap. (typical modern airliners use multiple stage Fowler)

Linkage to do scale movement of the scale flap sections is difficult. I'm trying to solve it for a 107 inch span Me262. Closest I have come up with gets the correct movement but requires 2 servos per flap section (and a ton of ball links)

Some early experimental results:

Yes, the servo has to be that far away for the geometry to work.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                              correction.. saw a pic posted, thought it was the model... its not.

Split flaps used on the model are really not appropriate.
                              they are doing the classic "split"... upper half of TE fixed, lower half comes down.

The sections of flap inboard and outboard of the engine nacelles is the correct idea.

Full scale it appears the top of the flap is shorter than the bottom, and the whole flap pushes back as it rotates down. This is essentially a single stage Folwer flap. (typical modern airliners use multiple stage Fowler)

Linkage to do scale movement of the scale flap sections is difficult. I'm trying to solve it for a 107 inch span Me262. Closest I have come up with gets the correct movement but requires 2 servos per flap section (and a ton of ball links)

Some early experimental results:

Yes, the servo has to be that far away for the geometry to work.
                              This setup looks good while its of a P-38 you may want to give it a try. Not My p-38 or work.

Link to p38 build http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...t=50949&page=2

Comment

• I was just asking why they chose to do split flaps instead of the more scale version, hoping to get some insight from the MRC dudes as to why they did that. The area of the wing directly above the split flaps on mine was rather warped. The split flaps would not close properly. That is why I did the mod. It helped the looks and the function.

That being said, the 262 was liked by everyone at the field. And, it sounded pretty good too.
                                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Yeah I wondered the same thing, on the original model-- why do split flaps, they could have easily done normal ones.

Its a shame that we lost almost 3 years worth of posts on this thread (everything between post #17 from Dec 2014 and post #18 March 2017 is gone). There was a lot here. Guess we need to start over again! Seaviper, can you post a new pic of your mod flaps? Or perhaps Brandon Moon?

Comment

• Originally posted by JFandL View Post

This setup looks good while its of a P-38 you may want to give it a try. Not My p-38 or work.

Link to p38 build http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...t=50949&page=2
                                    Works for that plane because the correct flap movement is not the same as the Me262's

Full scale Me262 has tracks at the ends of each flap section and each section is pushed back by 4 lead screws. Tracks keep the flaps from skewing.
                                    Making the scale tracks would be useless on the model because material flexing in flight would have the flaps popping out of the tracks.

the normal solution on models is to not do the push back and low hinge the flap. It looks pretty good, but doesn't produce the classic Folwer gap (or effectively increase wing area, which is why they move back) as the flap moves.

Not as important to gain the area for the foamy by Freewing. The large one I am doing needs the added area to reduce landing speed.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• The flaps dont have to be 100% scale function but they still shouldnt be just split. Kinda like the the V2 Freewing Fw-190. the first version didnt have flaps then the V2 they add flaps but they make them wrong. Its not hard to make split flaps

I have made many KISS split flaps on the V1 Freewing Fw-190, Parkzone Spitfire, Unkown name C-47, Unique Models T-6 Texan II

Comment

• I'm going to try doing that with mine when it arrives. They look a LOT better than stock, for sure. In fact, even though they are not "Fowler" type flaps they look very much like the real thing.
                                        I noticed on that thread you posted, Alpha gave you an "attaboy" - but he didn't comment on why this model was designed with split flaps.

What I would like to know is, why did they make the pilot like he's sitting in the back seat? Why a full-body pilot for this plane? Just about all the others have busts. Someone here needs to make some 3D cockpit parts so we can stick in a normal pilot in the correct size, in the correct position, in a seat with the armor-plated back.

Comment

Working...
                                        X