Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dagnabbit, has that much time flown by??? Oh, I am thinking of this latest incarnation (look and feel)...Man, this wine is really good I guess. LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Finally got the maiden and another flight in on my new version Me-262. Wow, this new version has gobs of power, and sounds much better too! I am in love all over again with the FW Me-262!
      Pat

Comment

Nice! With the new version it tempts me even more to snag another one. Like the Stuka, I love how it's unique and not often found at a flying field.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

The ME-262 and Stuka are on my wishlist, every time I go to it I see them.

Comment

I have my Freewing 262 ready to Maiden and wonder what the control throws should be? Also what is the best CG location?

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk CWS! I would start with what the manual suggests then tweak it to your liking, here's a link to the manual.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Well I finally got one of these, the only bad thing I can find about it is that I waited this long to get one! The 262 is one of the best looking, most well built planes I own...if it flys half as good as it looks I'll be thrilled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171214_224342052_iOS.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	108763

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  Well I finally got one of these, the only bad thing I can find about it is that I waited this long to get one! The 262 is one of the best looking, most well built planes I own...if it flys half as good as it looks I'll be thrilled.
                  Most excellent George...........Do the front end reinforcement mod though to ensure longevity.;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Most excellent George...........Do the front end reinforcement mod though to ensure longevity.;)
                    Which is?
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Which is?
                      Seaviper posted this back in March. There were others that did CF laterally in the nose with postings over on the other forum.
                      It was pretty well known that the front end was susceptible to snapping off with unkind turf.
                      Be interesting to know if they did any reinforcements on the newer ones.
                      If so, it would be kind of like the unannounced upgrade to the A-6 in the battery tray area. :Cool:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Seaviper posted this back in March. There were others that did CF laterally in the nose with postings over on the other forum.
                        It was pretty well known that the front end was susceptible to snapping off with unkind turf.
                        Be interesting to know if they did any reinforcements on the newer ones.
                        If so, it would be kind of like the unannounced upgrade to the A-6 in the battery tray area. :Cool:
                        I'll take some pictures and work on a fix for the weak point.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Cws View Post
                          I have my Freewing 262 ready to Maiden and wonder what the control throws should be? Also what is the best CG location?
                          Hey CWS, welcome from me as well!
                          Check with your manual for the CG and the throws. Initially that's where they recommend you start from, once you're used to the plane, you can adjust it to suit your individual taste.
                          That's one manual I'll put on my list for rewriting.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Hey CWS, welcome from me as well!
                            Check with your manual for the CG and the throws. Initially that's where they recommend you start from, once you're used to the plane, you can adjust it to suit your individual taste.
                            That's one manual I'll put on my list for rewriting.

Grossman56
                            That's what I said but the manual has nothing about it.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Hmm, now that's interesting. Now I'll really have to look!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

CG is 100 - 110 from the point at the leading edge back to where I crudely drew the line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Me262_User_Manual_4c3008ab-fce9-4356-a33c-e3a58c89c659_LI.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	108795

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  CG is 100 - 110 from the point at the leading edge back to where I crudely drew the line.

Grossman56
                                  But nothing about throws or rates.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I hear you George, I'll do some research and see what I can find. That's one OLD manual and it screams for updating. Let me gather what info I can and I'll get into it.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

No, can't get any info on throws, Ryan said he didn't mention the throws in the video because they aren't in the manual.
                                      So the only thing you can do ("I don't need no stinking throws!") bind her up, center your servos and blast off. I hate to admit it, but I've done that, throw her in low rates and hold one. Bad advice, but you have to come up with a starting point somehow.
                                      Maybe Seaviper can advise you.....

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

I always flew with the old Admiral 5000 about an inch back. Maiden I'm sure I flew with it all the way forward.
                                        If I had to guess on rates I'd say set it up like a warbird. Some jets need throws that look uncomfortable but end up being what's needed.
                                        My advice a smooth low deflected warbird type throw will serve you well. Some have acted like this bird is a handful but I found it well behaved. It's kind of heavy so it likes its speed, also I think the lower deflection will keep her in the groove so she won't exhibit any nastiness.

Comment

My initial thought was to mimick the F-86 throws. Maybe even the Avanti's??

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X