X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Great flying plane and looks stunning in the air.
    I bet! I swear this will be the last jet I buy the season! :Straight-Face::Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post

I bet! I swear this will be the last jet I buy the season! :Straight-Face::Silly:
      There's a season???:Confused:
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• fter
        Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Great flying plane and looks stunning in the air.
        Exactly what he said..:Cool: I bought one just because, didn't plan on keeping it at all but once I put it together and flew it, that changed my mind real quick, flies and sounds great, takes off and lands great too, can't get any better than that.

Comment

• You're going to love it Paul! With the improved power system it has now it flies great. But, it's not a bank and yank plane, go easy on elevator input or it will snap, even at speed. I had mine out a couple weekends ago for some flights, still a crowd pleaser!
          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

There's a season???:Confused:
            There are 4, jet season, helicopter season, warbird season and 3D season :) add in fpv season for good measure as well.LOL

Comment

• Here in AZ we only have two seasons; fly all day (Oct-Mar), and get your butt out there at 5am and go home at 9am before it hits 100° (Apr-Sep). :)
              Pat

Comment

• I just received my ME-262 and my question is... how warped were your wings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	383E3AE3-F111-4461-8DAB-784F2FFB70C4.jpeg
Views:	812
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	138233Click image for larger version

Name:	A04C9500-FA01-44F9-975B-F16217A57071.jpeg
Views:	803
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	138232Click image for larger version

Name:	CC61D080-097E-421B-ADAE-4627F83E192E.jpeg
Views:	822
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	138234
                I have never seen anything this bad before.

Comment

• Ouch! That's bad :(

Comment

• make cradles and strap it to a door core then leave it in a hot garage a couple of days. You can pull the warp out.

Actually, letting it sit at room temperature for a week or two it should straighten out.

EPO bends and reshapes easily when its warm, but its a memory foam that returns to the molded shape if given time without stress to prevent it.

The rudder of my Dynam Tiger moth was bent like a Pringles chip because something was resting on it in my trailer. I set the plane on the workbench and a week later the rudder was straight.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Was hoping to fly in the morning also. Oh well I opened a ticket with Mrc.

Comment

• Helmsman52

Mine are the same way and so was my buddies, thought it was just the ailerons on mine but it was worse than I thought, is your wing warped too?, that could be a problem, if not fly it the way it is, doesn't seem be an issue with trim or at least our's flew straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          Helmsman52

Mine are the same way and so was my buddies, it was just the ailerons on ours, is your wing warped too?, that could be a problem, if not fly it the way it is, doesn't seem be an issue with trim or at least our's flew straight.
                          Port wing is warped also but not as bad as the starboard and the center flaps won’t seat because it’s warped on the wing. Both ailerons are warped. I’ve never seen it this bad though.

Comment

• Mine were perfect...they will have you new ones before you know it.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yeah that thing looks rough, I would try strapping it to a board or something like that like fhhuber suggested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post

Port wing is warped also but not as bad as the starboard and the center flaps won’t seat because it’s warped on the wing. Both ailerons are warped. I’ve never seen it this bad though.
                                I couldn't remember what mine looked like so I went out and took some pics, it is worse than I thought, oh well, to late for me to complain to MRC. I just fly it the way it is, trims are perfect, flaps work great, but I guess from what I have read, this is a known issue and still is.

Do you think MRC is going to let you send it back or did you ask for new wings?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I couldn't remember what mine looked like so I went out and took some pics, it is worse than I thought, oh well, to late for me to complain to MRC. I just fly it the way it is, trims are perfect, flaps work great, but I guess from what I have read, this is a known issue and still is.

Do you think MRC is going to let you send it back or did you ask for new wings?
                                  Yours are still better than mine. I have know idea what Mrc will say but the proof is in the pics. I took and placed the jet in the garage but by the looks of it it will take more than the warranty time just to get the curve out of the wing tips.

Comment

• More wing pics.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	EDD9A190-8B76-417A-9FB0-738E9FCBA3C0.jpeg
Views:	807
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	138300Click image for larger version

Name:	FDED2257-4167-4476-9A7A-5EDC27FDF1F8.jpeg
Views:	797
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	138301Click image for larger version

Name:	C80C7134-5AA1-46F9-8E61-63CDB7461AC3.jpeg
Views:	821
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	138302Click image for larger version

Name:	E9F825D9-92CA-4DD2-8162-50660615B289.jpeg
Views:	815
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	138303

Comment

• Hello Everyone, Does anyone have any photos or information on the how to install the max crashproofing kit, or how/where to install carbon fiber to reinforce the nose of this plane? I haven't flown in a few years after my Dad died, and I'm ready to get back into it. I own one of the original 6 blade fan version of this jet and I love it. However, I have had issues with 2 broken fuselages with this plane because of a rough grass runway. I have another fuse new in the box that I would like to reinforce with carbon fiber, but I'm looking for some advice from someone who has done it before. Or at least a few pictures of one that was completed. ie drill hole locations, size of c.f. rods, that sort of thing. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

• I’ve been a Mrc customer ever since I started the hobby about 5 years ago and imo they are the best all around in customer relations and service.
                                        I received my replacement wings today and they are straight!

Thanks Mrc!
                                        Paul

Click image for larger version  Name:	79854F81-584C-480B-B54F-A6E319258DFE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	140366Click image for larger version  Name:	A0048434-80D8-4326-AFAD-6E9E7472E05F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	140367

Comment

• Sweet! Very awesome news my friend!

Comment

Working...
                                          X