Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll love the 262 as well as the Spit. I really like my Spitfire much better since I installed the clipped wing kit. I also started flying it with a Turnigy Graphene 6s 4000 45s instead of the Dymond 6s 5200 35s I'd been using. Much more well-mannered than before.

Comment

• Finally picking one of these up, along with the new F-22. Much fun ahead. Already have the CF beef up on the nose planned for the 262.

Comment

• My hangar is quite full too... I’m starting to list the gas planes. Since these pics I got the 90mm F-104, FW B-17, green version ME-262 and the 8s F-22 should be here for Christmas break . Since this picture I purchased large shelves so the planes aren’t stacked on top of each other.

The last pic is current from my most important security cam. All the gas planes are broken down and stored in the garage.

Comment

• With my wife and I both building and flying, the hangar can get kind of full in a hurry:Silly:. About 1/2 of the fleet is giant scale, up to 1/3 scale and 147" wingspans(all electric). The birds and build rooms are on much of all three floors of a rather smallish house. I guess that there are worse addictions to haveLOLLOL. Wife and I are both USAF vets, so I guess it's a given to have a fascination with aircraft.

Comment

• I’m still in technically, stationed at Beale, waiting to be Med retired. I was rated 100% Permanent and totally disabled. You’re actually very correct about this being a “better” addiction. As soon as I quit drinking my hangar exploded haha. I’m going to make better storage racks soon. I like having everything in the same place. My big gas planes and quad EDF C-17 had to be mothballed in the basement right off the man cave

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdoc View Post
              You'll love the 262 as well as the Spit. I really like my Spitfire much better since I installed the clipped wing kit. I also started flying it with a Turnigy Graphene 6s 4000 45s instead of the Dymond 6s 5200 35s I'd been using. Much more well-mannered than before.
              Did you have to add nose weight? I have an admiral 5000 almost all the way forward... and yes love my clipped wing !!!
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Some touch and goes with the Freewing Schwalbe ;)

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Anyone have a crashed plane with the front gun plastic piece sitting around? Mine flew off in a flight and I cant find it anywhere...smh There is no getting the part without buying a 70.00 fuse...grrr

Comment

• Hey guys, this seems appropriate. Too cool not to post. Sorry Preston I need that part as well! I ended up sheeting mine with foam and painting the gun ports.

Someone needs to design a 3D-printed replacement....

Click image for larger version

Name:	52991327_2295907813998600_7311678373963497472_n.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	182533
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Did you have to add nose weight? I have an admiral 5000 almost all the way forward... and yes love my clipped wing !!!
                      No additional nose weight. I had noticed that with my Dymond 5000 the plane was very "tippy" and required a lot of extra up elevator when taxiing. The Graphene 4000 is heavier than an Admiral 4000, but not as heavy as the Dymond 5000. I fly with the Graphene fully forward and it flies perfectly to my tastes. Keep in mind though, I like all my planes toward the aft CG limit. I find them more maneuverable in the air and more well-mannered on the ground.

Comment

• Just so I'm not misunderstood, I was talking about flying my Flightline Spitfire with a 6s 4000, not the 262. I fly the 262 with a Turnigy Graphene 6s 6000 full aft in the battery compartment. Balances well and is VERY fast.

Comment

• Flew mine this morning. Very gusty wind nearly blew it over on take off but saved it. The rest of the flight was just great. Another keeper.

Comment

• Nice save! Beautiful landing as well! :Cool:
                            Was that with or without flaps on takeoff and landing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                              Nice save! Beautiful landing as well! :Cool:
                              Was that with or without flaps on takeoff and landing?
                              That was no flaps. When it's that windy and gusty, I won't use flaps for take off or landing. On most of my planes with flaps, I've learned that the wind can cause an even worse upset if flaps are down.

Comment

• I’ve had this plane hung in my “hangar” since September, un flown. It’s pretty fast on the stock 12b setup right? I sold the stock outrunners and used the 60a ESCs in smaller prop planes. I pulled it down last night and remembered how cool of a model it is. That being said, I’ve always loved German 262s, 190s, and 109s. I want to get a power system back installed so I can Maiden it soon. I have these options for power plants; a pair of FMS 1850kv Inrunners, or a set of Freewing 2210s. I have 3 pair of available 100 amp ESCs, HobbyWing, FMS Predator, or YEPs.

Have any of you used any of the above combinations? If so, what are your thoughts? Either way it’s going to be pretty quick.

thanks,

Jim

Comment

• Mine has the "new" 2150 kv outrunners and 12-bl fans, 60A ESCs, all stock. The plane is pretty fast for out of the box. Because the motors are slung so low, it can easily do a "wheelie" if you max the throttle from a standing start. If you lope along in level flight and suddenly open it up, the plane will also go nose up into the vertical all by itself for the same reason. I've been quite satisfied with the performance. I don't think I'll have the need to alter the power system on this one.
                                  Oh and yes, it's pretty fast in my opinion. Having the Avanti S, L-39, new F/A-18 and 80mm A-10 to compare, this one is no slouch. I think it could keep up with any of those. If the fuse wasn't so fat, it might even surpass those others.

Comment

• I agree completely with XViper's comments! (great minds think alike??) I also fly mine stock. I feel its an improvement from the earlier version. I'll add: be careful to monitor your battery usage in your first few flights to get your timer set, the twin EDFs eat the milliamps up fast. And - its a good idea to reinforce both sides of the battery compartment with CF rods because the nose can be broken clean off in a firm landing. (none of us will ever do that, right!). I really enjoy flying this one, its definitely a keeper.
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                      I agree completely with XViper's comments! (great minds think alike??) I also fly mine stock. I feel its an improvement from the earlier version. I'll add: be careful to monitor your battery usage in your first few flights to get your timer set, the twin EDFs eat the milliamps up fast. And - its a good idea to reinforce both sides of the battery compartment with CF rods because the nose can be broken clean off in a firm landing. (none of us will ever do that, right!). I really enjoy flying this one, its definitely a keeper.
                                      This is indeed true. Even a good landing on a rough, grass surface will snap the beak off on this plane. I've got CF square tubes going from the opening of the wing hole, all the way along each side and driven into the foam in the solid part of the nose cone. The rods were Dremeled into an arrow head point and pushed in about 2" into the nose. Then I used popsicle sticks and epoxied those under that nose cone and into the battery bay to help strengthen the nose gear when it hits something unforgiving.

Comment

• When I got it, the first thing I did was reinforce the nose and nose gear with 5 CF rods and add balsa to the batter tray. I read up on everything when I got it, I just thought I would ask opinions before I installed everything. As far as the "wheelies" go, I already have a AS3X receiver in it that I had laying around. I didn't see the need to go higher than 6 channels on this plane. The only I could potentially want would be nosewheel steering, but I'm not that worried about not having it
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                                          When I got it, the first thing I did was reinforce the nose and nose gear with 5 CF rods and add balsa to the batter tray. I read up on everything when I got it, I just thought I would ask opinions before I installed everything. As far as the "wheelies" go, I already have a AS3X receiver in it that I had laying around. I didn't see the need to go higher than 6 channels on this plane. The only I could potentially want would be nosewheel steering, but I'm not that worried about not having it
                                          In your first picture, how far into the foam (beside the retract body) does that rod go? Mine broke just aft of the retract attachment screws. The other place it cracked was at the front wing hole. As for the "wheelie", this happens from the standing start, so AS3X won't help as there's no airflow to speak of on the elevator. You just need to accelerate moderately at first. The AS3X will help reduce nose up for sudden throttle input while flying.

Comment

Working...
                                          X