Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
    Re: Freewing ME 262 The first Jet of WWII

My Su 35 does not have flaps. I do NOT use TV on landings. I will say that the landings are a slow affair I have my CofG another 10mm aft of that shown on the plans. I can land nose high as a result of the LE cuffs (extensions) (AKA; LEX). Again I use about 20% power on landing. If I get the nose a bit too high all she does is rock a bit like a delta wing would.

Now my landing style is NOT a dive for the runway and hope I flair out before I hit the ground. I make long flat slow power on approaches. I then cut back the power and pull the nose up as she slows down. If I have the right balance of power I run out of elevator as the mains touch the ground. I have landed with too much power and hit the tail pipe before the mains!

See my posted review under the Su 35 for some more details on my set up.

Remember that the CofG posted in the instruction are for the first few trim flights. Once the model is somewhat trimmed push back the CofG to realize the full potential of the model.
    What is this person talking about??? Wow, talk about non-sense over bearing awkward statements. This is "Fun" RC aircraft hobby not rocket science or factoid annoyance class! I had more fun in the dentist office than with what this person writes here on the website. I understand there are people who need help, I truly hope this person can get some counseling. Life's too short, enjoy people and have some fun in what this hobby is all about. Cheers! Matt

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post

What is this person talking about??? Wow, talk about non-sense over bearing awkward statements. This is "Fun" RC aircraft hobby not rocket science or factoid annoyance class! I had more fun in the dentist office than with what this person writes here on the website. I understand there are people who need help, I truly hope this person can get some counseling. Life's too short, enjoy people and have some fun in what this hobby is all about. Cheers! Matt
      Matt.........Don't worry about him. That's the person whose been banned from the Squawk three times.
      How did you miss the nemesis of our community known as Konrad - KJD - Aspirin ? ? ?
      Here's the link to his final ousting.....
      https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/mo...5396#post55396
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Conducted the erstflug of White 2 today! What a nice jet! Can't say enough good things about how it looks and flies.

I inadvertently flew over the pit area while getting used to the turning characteristics. Another reason I like to do first flights alone or with the fewest spectators possible.

I did have to fix several issues right out of the box, mostly having to do with over-torqued screws in wood. I basically had to fabricate replacements for the rudder servo mount, belly hatch mount, and nose wheel steering mount. Also had to remove the engine pods to undo tangled wiring. I replaced the plastic clevis on elevator with a Freewing ball link.
        There was an issue with the trailing edge of the wings at the flaps being warped. I solved that issue by making a jig and cutting out the flaps for full flaps instead of the inexplicable split flaps.
        Still can't figure out why they put split flaps on her. But she looks good now.

Best looking and best flying jet I have purchased so far. Click image for larger version  Name:	20170316_163615.jpg Views:	1 Size:	305.9 KB ID:	67672

She flew great with ZERO trim. I am running the CG at the back end of the range. Hands off straight and level flyer. Sweet. This one is going to be my new favorite.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20170316_163642.jpg Views:	1 Size:	275.8 KB ID:	67673

The weatherman missed the mark today. Turned out to be overcast, 49F, and winds light and variable. Great weather to fly the 262 in!
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Great to see Seaviper, just the fact that your field isn't covered with snow is awesome! Looks like she flew great, hard to believe it was a maiden, but awfully nice when they go that smooth isn't it??

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Yeah, I was shaking in my boots literally as it was 49F outside. But the handling was a pleasant surprise. I really do like this EDF model. Not to mention that the 262 is one of my personal favorite planes of all time. I have an autographed photo of one of the original instructors, Herr Franz Stigler. The USAF threw him a shindig because of this incident.

Anyway I forgot to mention I was flying her on an Admiral 6s 5000. One of the new ones. Very nice.

Comment

I am super impressed by this plane!! My buddy and I flew together a couple days ago. He brought out his new Me-262 which was flying when I pulled up. It flew amazing!! The power it has now is perfect! Here is a video of us flying and unlikely combo..

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Don't make me buy one of these...
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I just ordered another one of these to get the upgraded power system. I will sell my old one after it gets here.
                  Pat

Comment

You will not regret it if you get one. Now that being said, i had to fix many things on it. But man it has presence at the field.

There are also many non scale things about this model. But the looks and handling more than make up for it.

Comment

Actually gooniac it's not such an unlikely scenario with the recent reproductions flying at various airshows around the world.

Super nice video as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        Actually gooniac it's not such an unlikely scenario with the recent reproductions flying at various airshows around the world.

Super nice video as usual.
                        The Collings Foundation has one and they come to Moffett Field every year in May. I am hoping that they bring it this year!!!
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

And shipped. I love MRC customer service!
                          Pat

Comment

Oh and I replaced those EZ connectors on the rudder and nws with horns and z-bends. Thinking about going all ball links on the flight controls too. Don't know if that's necessary though.
                            Hoping to fly her some more tomorrow and Sunday if the wx cooperates.

Comment

Modded the engine pods today. I wanted to get in there and check out the motors and fans but there was this skid glued over the hatch. I suppose they did this to help damp motor vibration or maybe like the flaps they were just being a bit cheap? I don't know. Anyway....
                              A few hours later and I had it modded so that I could get in there when I need to. We tend to get grass particles stuck in the shroud where I fly. And I like to clean that stuff out.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	67823

I did find a metal shaving and a piece of solder in my #1 engine.hmmm. The metal thing was wrapped around the shroud mount part of the motor on the outside. And, I found out they had stripped one of the fan mount screws. And as an added bonus they stripped out my servo cover screws. This has to be the all time worst case of stripped out screws I have seen.
                              Did Freewing get their biggest meanest guy in there to install screws? I have had to re-build, re-glue, or get bigger screws just about everywhere a screw lives on this bird. Not happy about that. It appears to be a disturbing trend with the last three kits I have received.

However, I look forward to flying her tomorrow. I did add a couple drops of contact cement to each side of the hatch in order to help quiet noise. It made a difference.
                              This bird, with all her factory fresh issues corrected, flies wonderfully.

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                Modded the engine pods today. I wanted to get in there and check out the motors and fans but there was this skid glued over the hatch. I suppose they did this to help damp motor vibration or maybe like the flaps they were just being a bit cheap? I don't know. Anyway....
                                I believe those plastic covers are there to prevent rub rash on the bottom of the nacelles. I'm glad they're there too as I've scraped my nacelle bottoms on the pavement quite a bit!:)
                                Pat

Comment

Mine are there too. But I can now open my engine bay without ripping glued stuff off the plane.

Comment

Reinforced my nose area with a couple of small plywood plates. Plates are 10mm wide and 1/8" thick. I used a dremel reinforced cutoff wheel to make a couple notches in each of those vertical posts. Then I sanded it out a bit with 100 grit sandpaper.
                                    Next I pressed the plywood plates in to dry fit. You want the cutouts a little smaller than the plywood for a tight fit. After that, I mixed up some 5 min epoxy and swabbed it in the holes and pressed in the plywood. Finally a shot of some flat teal paint.

Used this setup yesterday for four flights on a rough runway. No problems at all.

Comment

Post #19 is from 10/31/2014 and then Post #20 is from March 9th this year. What happened to more than two years in between? Were all the posts erased for some reason?
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Well Hobby Squawk is fairly new, I believe we opened the doors early 2016? So not sure where the 2014 time stamp is from.

I was just thinking about this jet not long ago. I really enjoyed it. I remember I lost thrust/power one flight and I thought for sure she was toast. I was able to glide her in and she landed soft as a feather.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Well Hobby Squawk is fairly new, I believe we opened the doors early 2016? So not sure where the 2014 time stamp is from.
                                          HUH.....:Confused:
                                          I've been a Squawk member since Sept 2014 and according to your profile you've been a member since May 2013.
                                          I even remember when the banned Konrad put those writings in this thread the fall of 2014 as well as the participation of Rocketeer in the early years.
                                          So what have you've been consuming today Aros?? LOL
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X