Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of these retracts are a bit nuts... so try this it might actually work:

with nose-gear down, unplug from the Y to the other gear.
    Operate the mins to get them down.
    Plug in the nose-gear.
    Now cycle the gear twice. (just once might hide that it didn't work)

If that fails then you have to go to a reverser of some sort. There are reversing Y harnesses with one servo gets reversed and the other does not. Or use a second channel for the backward gear and mix it reversed to the mains. (which means you need a spare channel to do it)

Someone who is really good at soldering could get inside the retract and rewire it to operate in reverse to what its set up for. That is a pure desperate to make it work plan. You have to reverse the wires to the motor and the wires for the position sensing. (no picture at this time to show what to rewire) This is what we had to do in the 1970's to get a reverse direction servo. We rewired them.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I've also had success re-binding when gear is out of synch. It doesn't always work but it has for me a few times over the years.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
        Few shots of my new 262
        sweet looking , very nice
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• NEw pics of the new livery that is coming soon. More info also coming soon

Comment

• Ok, last night I decided to mod my Me262 and fit two 6s 5000's in it. I'm just not happy with 3 1/2 minutes of flight time. I really wanted to get about 6 minutes.

I removed the pilot and cut a slot on the wall separating the cockpit and the battery compartment. The second battery slides into that slot and I will eventually be able to put 1/2 of the pilot back in. if this works

It balances out to the same cg but of course is 750 grams heavier.

Anybody have an opinion on if this thing is going to get off the ground and/or become a hole in the ground?
            also, if dragging the extra weight will negate the extra capacity and still be a short flight.

Opinions wanted. Thanks
            Scott

Comment

• Hi Scott,
              I admire your eager attitude!

The challenge with adding more mAh to any aircraft is it adds more weight. At some point, the added mAh is overcome by the higher throttle setting needed to cruise the heavier aircraft. Simply stated, the Redondo relationship is never linear. At an extreme, doubling the battery capacity won't double the flight time. You'll need to test where your model is along that curve. You may get what you wanted, or you may not. Either way, please share your results, as you're the first person I know who is attempting to fly with 10,000mAh in this model.

The other factor is the structural limits of a model. For the Me-262, with that much more weight, I'd pay extra attention to the fuselage wall where it meets the leading edge of the wing.

You may also want to experiment with throttle management. For reference, I flew the new Me-262 V2 yesterday on an Admiral 6s 5000 and landed comfortably after 4.5 minutes with throttle management.

Happy Testing,
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• A guy in the 70mm F16 was trying to get more flight time out of his plane and went from 5000 to 6200 packs. He actually had less flight time due to the weight added. My suggestion would be either go to a 6000, or maybe try 2 3000- 4000 packs. However, I just see that added weight as a hindrance, not a gain. Anyway my $.02 for whatever its worth.

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys. I forgot to mention that i placed the center of the extra battery right on the CG. so hopefully the extra weight is being carried mainly by the wing and not the fuselage.

I thought about two 3500 6s, but have the 5000's and an exacto knife. so jumped in. in the end about 7000 may be the best for weight vs time.
                  I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

• You are right about managing the throttle, when i do that I can get 4 - 4.5 min. the problem is my management :-)
                    Aafter a few Turbine guys go up and I follow them my frame of reference is messed up. last time I went up after one of the turbine guys I landed at 3 min and had 10% left. Oops!

Comment

• Cool looking forward to the report!

Comment

• The Test.

I flew it today with the two 5000 6s 45c packs. The takeoff roll was slightly longer by 15-20 feet, but I just let it climb out gently vs. where I usually rotate earlier.

It wanted 1 click up on trim. And flew just like it always has, rock solid and did everything normal. Banked and held it without any extra input. Totally normal.

This time since I knew I had extra capacity and a few new guys at the field wondered how fast it was, I opened it up to 100% for two flyby’s.

It was awesome to finally have the extra in my pocket to run it hard. I flew until the 6 minute beep and landed hard. I knew it was heavier and I needed to keep my speed up but I bounced it and it jumped in the air and came down hard taking out the nose wheel and taking a chunk of a wingtip.

I can’t blame that on the weight since I rarely land this thing perfectly. I’m always too fast or too slow. The only time I grease the landing is when I have a 10 mph wind to land into.

Overall I’m very happy I did it. I just need to learn to land it better.

So, 6 minutes, 2 minutes of that at 100%, no taxi, 30% left on the packs and they were only slightly warm. It was 95 deg at the field today here in central California.

Comment

• Wow, glad you got that thing to fly with two batteries, sounds like it was a joy to fly for that long. I have one and my buddy has one, it lands like a trainer, it will flare and hold the nose up with the best of them, do you use full flaps? Just curious what was causing your bounce? Also I'm not to far from you if you want to come out and fly on my strip, maybe compare your settings to mine.

Comment

• I am using the flaps. I just get too slow and that's when the problems happen. just trying to get myself to keep the speed up and flair. its perfect when we have a nice breeze, then its perfect so i know its me and speed control.

Where are you guys flying? We have a ranch airfield near 180 and Alta about 10 miles north of Dinuba called Peg Field.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottMe262 View Post
                              I am using the flaps. I just get too slow and that's when the problems happen. just trying to get myself to keep the speed up and flair. its perfect when we have a nice breeze, then its perfect so i know its me and speed control.

Where are you guys flying? We have a ranch airfield near 180 and Alta about 10 miles north of Dinuba called Peg Field.
                              I heard about that field, too far for me to drive, I'm fortunate to have this in front of my house, don't know how long though, high speed rail is coming through here and they might take it out, don't know yet. I fly all these here with no problems.

Comment

• Looks like facing Golden State Blvd.

Comment

• Oh no, this is wait out between Selma and Caruthers area, no Golden St. around here, this place is only 4 miles East of 41....:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post
                                    NEw pics of the new livery that is coming soon. More info also coming soon
                                    I'm really digging the new livery and up grades to this awesome Jet. Keep us informed when it available I hope soon. Goose:P:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by goosekiller1 View Post

I'm really digging the new livery and up grades to this awesome Jet. Keep us informed when it available I hope soon. Goose:P:Cool:
                                      Me to, and I just bought one of the old styles (upgraded power system) a few months ago:Straight-Face:
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I just bought one of these from Mrc! Looking forward to flying it this weekend weather pending :Cool::)

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                                          I just bought one of these from Mrc! Looking forward to flying it this weekend weather pending :Cool::)
                                          Great flying plane and looks stunning in the air.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X