Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really is cool and very inventive it sounded like one of the people talking in the video was an airline pilot I’m sure he was interested in one.

Comment

Here's another video of Barrett Hochhaus' beautiful scratch-built airliner utilizing the wings/motors/landing gear from the Freewing Me-262 that I shot at AEF last weekend.

This one's a bit different than Pat's as it was shot during the Southwest Airlines "Heritage Flight"....

I personally prefer the older tan color over the newer blue scheme...it's what I grew up with!

Watch as Barrett absolutely GREASES the landing, and then stay tuned for an impromptu interview with Barrett about where he got the inspiration to build it, and HOW he built it!

I especially like the fact he calls it a "Boeing 737-262"!

Blue Skies!

Comment

That is SO cool! What a great job, flies great and perfect greaser!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          That really is cool and very inventive it sounded like one of the people talking in the video was an airline pilot I'm sure he was interested in one.
          We have a flyer at our club who is a Captain with Southwest. He has a Windrider 737-700 that was custom painted for him in the SWA colors one generation ago as it was current when he had it done. They did a few formation flights during our event a few weekends ago.

Here's one of the vids.

Pat

Comment

sweet airliner work for sure
            rc flyin addict

Comment

looks like a few southwest flights I was on lol

Comment

I got mine in the air two weeks ago and its amazing.
                It needed absolutely zero trim.
                It is the later version with the new fans.

I am running a 5000 for the battery and would like to get more time. I generally fly it at what I feel are scale speeds. Throttle is at about 1/2 to 5/8. I have the timer set for 3 minutes and when I land the battery is warm but not hot. My little digital gauge reads typically 20-22% left right then but after the battery cools to room temp its shows 35-40% left.

Do you guys have any idea if there is time left in those batteries or if anyone has tried a bigger one or maybe a dual battery setup mod that gives about 7000?

Thanks

Comment

I've been flying mine lately with a RoaringTop 6S 6250 35C. Great power from this pack, and 4 minute flight times with 30% left. I am totally sold on this brand and I have many of them, never an issue with any so far.
                  Pat

Comment

Hi Pat,
                    Is 35c enough for these? I was buying 45-50 because I didn't want to burst into flames. Im pretty new to this and always thought you needed a bunch of C capacity for these EDF jets. Please let me know your thoughts.
                    Thanks
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMe262 View Post
                      Hi Pat,
                      Is 35c enough for these? I was buying 45-50 because I didn't want to burst into flames. Im pretty new to this and always thought you needed a bunch of C capacity for these EDF jets. Please let me know your thoughts.
                      Thanks
                      Scott
                      Hello Scott and welcome to the Squawk too.
                      The critical aspect to your question is "how accurate is the C rating". The majority of manufactures/re-labelers quite often inflate the C rating quite a bit.
                      The capacity that is listed is for the most part on any brand is rather accurate but not so with the C (discharge) rating.
                      The C rating is designed to allow users to easily calculate the maximum constant current you can draw from the LiPo pack safely without harming the battery.
                      A 35C rated battery of 4000mAh(4Ah) is capable of 140Ah(35x4). The total ESC's(2)x max rated load(60ea) is 120A so the battery exceeds the system power requirements for the FW 262.
                      Most users have bought the much higher C rated batteries just because they have experienced poor performance and damaged(puffed, etc) batteries due to the poor rating practices and have compensated as such with batteries that are 2-3 times more C rating than actually needed and this is because the 45-50C battery may really only be capable of 35C.
                      I turned from the Turnigy Nanopuffs a couple years ago to Admirals and have been pretty satisfied. I don't personally believe they are 100% on C rating but a hellava lot better than others.
                      Been hearing as of recent some positive vibes about the RT's and that is where Pat should be able to give you his perspective about how they perform.;)
                      I
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I've not found a single manufacturer's C ratings to be anywhere close to what they put on the label. Good for a 10-second burst? Maybe. But I run packs that can put out enough sustained energy for the power system in use. For example, my RT 6250 35C tests out at 20C true sustained, which equals 130 amps. This means it can run 130 amps for the entire flight without harming the battery. For RoaringTops, I never buy more than the 35C packs, and I use these almost exclusively in all my Freewing jets. The packs come down barely warm, and in over a year of flying them, I've never had one puff or go bad in any way.

Want to know the true C rating of your lipos? I've found this tool to be extremely handy.

Designed & built by electronics engineer & RC enthusiast Wayne Giles to allow you to precisely analyse & predict the performance of your LiPo packs.Unlike any other internal resistance meter, this ESR meter will display the constant discharge rate in amps
                        Pat

Comment

And for those not too jazzed with HK, it is also avail @ Progressive RC
                          Here's a little RCG blog " Project to expose C rating deceit " with input from Wayne Giles himself.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yep, Progressive sells them as well. Thanks for posting that link Charlie!
                            Pat

Comment

Excellent info guys. Thanks for schooling me on that. Now I can sort it out.

"Nanopuff". That's the perfect name for them. All the turnigy nanotech 4s 2200 have puffed after flying about five times each at 5/8 throttle in my FMS Stuka. the admiral 2200's on the other hand have endured the same flying in the same aircraft and still have sharp edges with no puffing at all.

Thanks again.
                              Scott

Comment

Few shots of my new 262

Comment

Gorgeous!
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Another artist on Hobby Squawk... stunning repaint!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      Another artist on Hobby Squawk... stunning repaint!
                                      What Alpha said :Cool:
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thanks Men!

Comment

• I purchased a new Me-262 Nose gear retract unit, and when I installed the unit, it is reverse to the main retracts. How can I fix this?

Comment

Working...
                                          X