X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,
    I purchased the last available Me-262 on the european store, ecstatic. Reading all the comments I already both rectangular CF rods for strengthening the nose section.
    I have few questions;
    Has anyone used the Spectrum 7000 mAh battery?
    With above question in mind, where would you locate the receiver? I have a spare spektrum AR8360T
    Could anyone share the dx file for spektrum?
    Many thanks and safe flights.
    Ps: The user manual is very poor in terms of detail and translation, is it common on freewing models?
    Returned to the hobby last year after over 20 years of gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
      I should say that I broke the nose off my first ME262 (v1) which didn't have any reinforcement installed.
      It broke off during a landing, and it wasn't a very hard one. Hard enough!
      I repaired it and added the tubes on each side and flew for several more years, then did the same on V2 and have no problems. Its a very easy reinforcement that will help your jet last a lot longer. These pics are from 2016

Click image for larger version Name:	Crashed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	338530

Click image for larger version Name:	20161208_221531.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.5 KB ID:	338531
      Thanks for sharing, I am planning to complete the re-enforcement and maiden it after. Do you have more photos shoving detail of your work? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Skipper View Post
        Unless you absolutely must have the battery telemetry, Those Spektrum "smart" batteries are pretty bad "bang for the buck". Expensive and low C rating. Have a look:

Comment

Hi all,
          I purchased the last available Me-262 on the european store, ecstatic. Reading all the comments I already both rectangular CF rods for strengthening the nose section.
          I have few questions;
          With above question in mind, where would you locate the receiver? I have a spare spektrum AR8360T
          Could anyone share the dx file for spektrum?
          Many thanks and safe flights.
          Ps: The user manual is very poor in terms of detail and translation, is it common on freewing models?
          Returned to the hobby last year after over 20 years of gap.
          I have my receiver velcro on the wing under the pilot.

Comment

• I've got my receiver on the fuselage where the pilots boots are. I've also put the ailerons and flaps onto a multiplex plug to make connecting the wing at the field a lot easier.
            I'm flying mine on 5000mah batteries and get around 4 to 5 mins flight with about 30% left. I'm not at full throttle all flight, its not a model that begs to be flown fast.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I am planning to complete the re-enforcement and maiden it after. Do you have more photos showing detail of your work? thanks
              Hi - I posted some pics showing the detail of the CF reinforcement several posts back, #357 on my computer. The only thing you can't see is that the tubes are stuck forwards into the nose as far as I could get them, and I securely glued them in. Several others have posted comments and pics in this thread as well regarding this idea, but those are much further back. From other comments I've read it seems that its a very common problem for the nose to break off on this model and many of us have installed the reinforcement rods or tubes on each side. That big battery hatch opening allows the nose to flex upwards under stress and the CF helps to provide some strength in that area.
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi Folks,

after finishing the March Mayhem Contest with 8th place I am very pleased and honored - so many incredibly customized and beautifully shot models and all of them would have deserved a top rank. Therefore again many thanks to all voters and of course to James and the Motion RC team for having this happened again.
                And of course deepest congrads to the winner and his impressive B-24!

As promised - here now some further images of the 8th rank voted
                Freewing Me 262 V2, converted into a A2a Sturmvogel (stormbird) Blitzbomber, Bu.No. 110613 „9K+DK“ of 2nd/KG 51, flown by Ofw. Hermann Wieczorek from Rheine-Hopsten airfield in February 1945.
                Beside a full gear modification (100 degree front gear with 64 mm wheel and 85 mm main gear wheels as well as adding inner main gear doors) I did a full flap mod. (full flaps instead of stock split flaps) as well as a full cockpit re-do and numerous scale mods and additions (working nav. lights, SC 250 bombs, Riedel starter cones, antennas, ...).

Thanks
                Ralph

Click image for larger version

Name:	647206a0388ea1ff331180aebc31a4bb.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	341244

Name:	Messerschmitt-Me-262A-2.KG51-(9K+DK)-Ofw-Wieczorec-WNr-110613-Nottuln-west-of-Muenster-25-Feb-1945-01.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	341245

Name:	Me262_01.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	341246

Name:	Me262_03.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	341247

Name:	Me262_04.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	341248

Name:	Me262_02.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	341249

Name:	Me262_05.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	341250

Name:	Me262_06.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	341251

Name:	Me262_07.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	341252

Name:	Me262_08.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	341253

Name:	Me262_09.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	341254

Name:	Me262_10.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	341255

Name:	Me262_11.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	341256

Comment

• Well done! Looks great!

Comment

• That looks fantastic, Ralph

Comment

• Hello from a newb! Can someone tell me, if my newly acquired but used Me262 has 12-blade fans, is this a V2? The shrink wrapping on the ESCs have no stickers (information) so I can’t verify if they’re the 60A models. It’s the Yellow 7 paint scheme and 12 blade fans. Just wondering about the motors and ESCs now.

For those of you who have “experimented” with settings, can anyone offer how many mm you’ve tried for landing flaps? I’d like to use as much as possible but am curious if there’s consensus on a max value.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Looks like the $$$ recently changed from $469 to $499? ouch...

Comment

• Fantastic plane Ralph. #1 in my book!!! I think I would be afraid to fly it
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadClams View Post
                            Hello from a newb! Can someone tell me, if my newly acquired but used Me262 has 12-blade fans, is this a V2? The shrink wrapping on the ESCs have no stickers (information) so I can’t verify if they’re the 60A models. It’s the Yellow 7 paint scheme and 12 blade fans. Just wondering about the motors and ESCs now.

For those of you who have “experimented” with settings, can anyone offer how many mm you’ve tried for landing flaps? I’d like to use as much as possible but am curious if there’s consensus on a max value.

Thanks in advance!
                            The "Yellow 7" is the latest and current version of the FW ME-262. They didn't give it a "version" number. You can go to any seller and look at the product description and see what's in it.
                             - Scale & High Performance Electric Ducted Fan Jet.- New Version with 2952 2100Kv Inrunner Motor.- With Pilot Figure Include.- With Detachable Main Wing For Easy Transport.- With Electric Retract & Metal Suspemsion Strut.- With Flap System Installed.

Since the manual doesn't say anything about flap deflection, I just dial in as much as it'll take without over-driving the servo (for full flaps, go 1/2 that for 1/2 flaps), then dial it back some for the first couple of flights and test high up. Use some flap delay (like 2 to 3 seconds) so the deflection isn't sudden and upset the plane. Once you see how it does with that, you can dial in some elevator compensation (or not). Work your way to more flaps as you feel comfortable with.
                            Warning: Don't suddenly crank on the throttle for take off. It'll lift its nose before it's ready to fly and go into a steep climb and stall, then wing over and crash. Easy on the elevator when taking off until the speed gets up.

Comment

• BadClams in addition to xviper's sound advise, don't use take-off flaps for take-off, for the very same reason. It's a fun jet to fly.

Comment

• Thanks very much for the prompt and in-depth advice, gents. I was asking about V1 vs V2 as when I look at the motors from behind, it looks like the outer barrel is what's spinning and am confused about out runner/in runner. I've seen folks both for and against using TO flaps on this bird.
                                In any event, I just need to adjust my throws and enable/tune my AS3X/SAFE and it's ready to go.

Comment

• I see now that they do class them as V1 and V2. The V1 is no longer available unless a seller has old stock. The current "V2" is the "Yellow 7".
                                  Are you sure you are seeing the motor clearly?

Here is what the "outrunner" motor on the V1 looks like:
                                  Freewing 3048-2150KV Brushless Outrunner Motor - MO030481 This brushless outrunner motor is used primarily with Freewing 70mm 12-blade EDF jets with 6S power. It can be used with other aircraft with compatible specifications (see below). Features: Precision machined parts and high-quality long-life bearings for trouble

Notice where the wires come out? Everything aft of the wires spin with the fan.

Here is what the EDF on the V2 looks like:
                                  Freewing 70mm 12-Blade EDF 6S Power System w/ 2952-2100Kv - E7219 For the following Freewing 70mm EDF jets. Freewing PJ50 Private Jet PNP Freewing AL37 Airliner PNP Freewing 70mm Yak-130 - Red PNP Freewing 70mm EDF Messerschmitt Me-262 PNP V2 Freewing 70mm EDF SU-35 - Gray Camo PNP Freewing 70mm EDF SU-35 - Desert Camo

Notice where the wires come out? You should see nothing except the fan spin.

You say yours is "newly acquired but used". Is it possible that the previous owner tried to make it look like the "Yellow 7" by adding decals to a V1?

Here is the V1:

Compare all the decals. Sometimes, when a person adds decals to make a plane look like a current version, they either don't add all the decals or they don't take off some of the old decals.

Comment

• Thanks for the links!

Odd, but yes it's a Yellow 7 (green top and red, yellow, blue stripes) but has the out runners (thanks for directing my attention to the wiring. Made it easy to ID). I guess I'd hoped that as it has 12B fans it was ONLY with the (supposedly improved?) in-runners. Doesn't appear to have ever been flown (the tires/gear are absolutely spotless and the fans appear perfect (dust-free). The mystery is due to the fact I bought it from another club member who acquired it from the (original?) owner in a multi-plane deal down south... I have no clue on the provenance so I'm trying to figure out, exactly, what I've got here. Thanks for your help!

Comment

• The original Yellow 7 came out with the 12-blade fans with the outrunner motors, which you seem to have.

They recently upgraded the 262 to the "high performance" version that comes with inrunner motors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        The original Yellow 7 came out with the 12-blade fans with the outrunner motors, which you seem to have.

They recently upgraded the 262 to the "high performance" version that comes with inrunner motors.
                                        Has anyone had a chance to run the different versions side by side? Wondering how dramatic the difference?

Comment

• Both the outrunner and inrunner are close in KV but I think the inrunner can drive the same fan more easily and get up to speed better. Once up to speed, I don't think there would be much difference. I had the outrunner version first and now the inrunner "Yellow 7" and quite frankly, I really can't say I could tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                          X