X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Both the outrunner and inrunner are close in KV but I think the inrunner can drive the same fan more easily and get up to speed better. Once up to speed, I don't think there would be much difference. I had the outrunner version first and now the inrunner "Yellow 7" and quite frankly, I really can't say I could tell the difference.
    Very cool. I'm excited to maiden. I'm going to use a Liperion 4500/40 and SMC 5300/40 and hope for "ok" flight times. I'm not a big boom and zoom guy so I'm going to begin with 3:00 on my timer and hope to expand things from there. Trying to decide on using 2 AS3X modes or 1 AS3X and 1 SAFE. Then it'll be go-time.

Comment

• For those of you using a large amount of landing flaps, are you mixing in any elevator at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by BadClams View Post
        For those of you using a large amount of landing flaps, are you mixing in any elevator at all?
        This is entirely dependent upon the flying style of the pilot/owner. As I eluded to earlier, you have to test how the flaps affect your plane up high and determine from there. If you deploy your flaps like they do on a real plane, you likely won't need any elevator comp. IE, when about to deploy flaps, you are beginning to slow down in preparation for landing (or taking off for take off flaps). Flaps are deployed after the plane has slowed down a bit (1/2 flaps) and then get full flaps after it has slowed down some more. Then comes the deployment delay. Real planes don't just slam their flaps down. They come down slowly. If you don't use a delay or if you deploy flaps before slowing down, then there's more chance that the plane will either "balloon" or take slight dive. I have only a few planes that I need elevator compensation for and those are mostly because the control surfaces aren't completely scale and require more "slow down" before the flaps come down.
        Not knowing how you fly or how you have your plane set up, if you use someone else's settings, this could upset your plane even more.

Comment

• Understood... I'm just looking for "general" rules as certain airframes will need different adjustments. So in GENERAL, I'm wondering if folks are seeing the 262 needing to add ANY elevator mix (and if so, is it down or even UP trim) after dropping full flaps and stabilized at final approach speed.

Comment

• I realize I'll need to eventually sort things out on my own, but I think its worthwhile to see what folks have had success with and try to get things "close" before I head to the field.

Comment

• OK, if you wish ........................... I just looked at my TX settings for my flaps. 3 second delay and 0% ELE comp on all positions. IF I were to use no delay and didn't slow down the plane before throwing the flap switch, then the plane will "balloon" and I'd need some DOWN ELE comp. If that's the way you fly, then experiment with 3% (1/2 flaps) and 6% (full flaps), but this is also dependent upon exact what your flap deflection is set at to begin with. This is for Spektrum but again do this up high to see what it does. And since you should do this kind of stuff up high anyway, that's why I always suggest to NOT use any compensation till you find out what it does based on your flying style.
              It's only worthwhile if you know how a person flies. EG. I know guys who do their whole flight with the retracts hanging down. This changes a lot of things and other peoples' settings are much less meaningful.

Comment

• Thanks for that.

Comment

• Just finishing up the nose reinforcement.

Weather is going to dictate when I maiden it.

I actually bought a spare fuselage when I ordered the kit.

Same reinforcement on that, too.

Cheers 🥂

Comment

• Originally posted by marwady View Post
                    Just finishing up the nose reinforcement.

Weather is going to dictate when I maiden it.

I actually bought a spare fuselage when I ordered the kit.

Same reinforcement on that, too.

Cheers 🥂
                    Looks good Marwady. I just did my own maiden (2 flights) and survived! FYI, I found it needed less aileron deflection than I anticipated and needed UP ELEVATOR trim in all 3 wing settings (clean, takeoff and landing flaps) even though I'm using (relatively light) batteries and have CG at 110mm. The settings that RCGeek (youtube) posted on his video are pretty reasonable (close to what I ended up with, but I use more expo than he does, FWIW). Good luck!

Comment

• Awfully quiet around here...

Comment

• See these are out of stock on Motion - are they gone for good??? Hope I didn't miss out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979hack View Post
                          See these are out of stock on Motion - are they gone for good??? Hope I didn't miss out.
                          If it doesn't say discontinued then it's just out of stock.
                          AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979hack View Post
                            See these are out of stock on Motion - are they gone for good??? Hope I didn't miss out.
                            They still have them at RC Castle.
                            That said, so many "out of stock" items have been out of stock so many, many months. If they were coming back, you'd think they'd be back in stock by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              They still have them at RC Castle.
                              That said, so many "out of stock" items have been out of stock so many, many months. If they were coming back, you'd think they'd be back in stock by now.
                              I wouldn't be holding my breath on that thought my friend, remember where these foamies are made and that the country was literally shut down in the manufacturing cities twice as long as the more domestic fronts that have the higher labor costs.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I now have 5 flights on this beautiful airplane and I have to say, it's the nicest jet I have flown to date.

Very predictable and a great glider. A 4000 6s gives me about 6 minutes with proper throttle control.

Just a little power on landing and she settles right in.

If you're on the fence on this one, pull the trigger. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers 🥂

Comment

• Hello and a happy new Year,
                                  here is my Me 262 V2 .

Comment

• Santa brought me a present - an Me-262 v2 !!
                                    Always wanted an Me-262 ducted fan, but never saw a plane or kit I was enthralled with - until this!
                                    Have read through this whole thread (helped Santa’s decision - so “Thank You!” to all who’ve posted),
                                    and while waiting for the snow to go away (it’ll be a couple of months, at least) I will:
                                    1. Set up throws to be moderate, with expo.
                                    2. Install reinforcement CF rods into forward section
                                    3. Add the vertical stabilizer graphics from Callie

Question:
                                    For those who have painted, what type of paint (appears to be latex) and what specific colors/brands have you found that match up?

Will use a graphene 6s 6000mAh battery, and low rates for T/O and Landing.
                                    I’ve calculated this to be 1/8.4 scale model, so may look for a replacement pilot.
                                    In the future, will probably mod the flaps, but not much else…

Thanks in advance for any answers to my paint question!
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	AD2F5269-5151-45AF-AA8D-B1F42F525864.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	366557Click image for larger version

Name:	ADCE7E0D-9278-4EA7-BEC8-A2C32D23FBFA.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	366558Click image for larger version

Name:	6CEC18E6-5A86-477C-AAF8-856C792A5D7D.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	366559Click image for larger version

Name:	33FB556F-E74C-46B0-96F1-98AAFEE31807.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	366560

Attached Files

Comment

• I've used Behr latex house paints (color matched to the model) and they work very well - for this plane I used a matte finish. Many people have had great results using a clear spray to seal and protect the original paint. Water-based Minwax Polyacrylic in the green can. Both from Home Depot in my case! The pilot figure is sitting in the back seat! You can peel the canopy off and move him - or replace him.

The three points you mentioned are good. This plane is an excellent well-behaved flyer, its only weak spot is the nose but the reinforcements take care of that. My experience is that it can be a bit nose-heavy. I've used a 5000 and a light 6200 (about 800gm) with it placed as far back as possible. If your battery is heavier than 800gm then the model will be nose-heavy (which certainly isn't a disaster, but lighter always flies better).

One tip - if you fly from grass make sure its short and clean - the motors will suck up debris which will erode the fan blades over time (or simply gunk up the blades).
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I just ordered this plane. I see people are reinforcing the nose? What happens if you don't do that? Will it break on landing? I'm looking for more information on this and why I should be doing it.

Comment

• Yes, on a harder landing it can break at the front corner of the hatch. Best to run CF tubes down the sides or thru the nose to tie into the retract mounts.
                                          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Working...
                                          X