You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my $.02 worth. After all of the blowback they received when the announced the A-10 early and even made gear changes for us, they will not repeat that mistake again. I like everyone else would love a twin F4 Phantom. It would remind me so much of my dad when I was younger. But if you have noticed, the last planes have all be announced just when they could be pre-ordered. The community blew it when they blew back on MotionRC when they were trying to transparent with their models.

Comment

• IMO, a model EDF of a real jet may not necessarily fly like the real thing. Take the F-117 for example. It requires a bank of over a dozen computers just to fly correctly and yet, I've seen several foamboard models of the F-117 the fly adequately well with no rudder and no stabilizers. Most, if not all "newbs" have a hard time incorporating rudder anyway and they "bank and yank" as they start their journey into this hobby. Add to this, the new generation of high kv, bank and yank 64mm EDFs that cost less than $100.00 and can be flown "slowish" or fast and a newb would be set to go for his/her first foray into EDF-land. Look at the new 64mm F-105 Thunderchief. Having no rudder is not really a handicap for a newb, whether it be a prop or EDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        IMO, a model EDF of a real jet may not necessarily fly like the real thing. Take the F-117 for example. It requires a bank of over a dozen computers just to fly correctly and yet, I've seen several foamboard models of the F-117 the fly adequately well with no rudder and no stabilizers. Most, if not all "newbs" have a hard time incorporating rudder anyway and they "bank and yank" as they start their journey into this hobby. Add to this, the new generation of high kv, bank and yank 64mm EDFs that cost less than $100.00 and can be flown "slowish" or fast and a newb would be set to go for his/her first foray into EDF-land. Look at the new 64mm F-105 Thunderchief. Having no rudder is not really a handicap for a newb, whether it be a prop or EDF.
        +1, likely with a better power to weight ratio it would be more forgiving than the full scale original, the layout looks like it would make a good rc plane (I have a small mig15 and she's a good flyer). With the 64mm jets yank n bank seems to work well. These little guys are easier on the wallet and work better for small fields,saves hanger space 2. The F-100 would make a nice addition, not really allot out there and shes a looker.
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
          A Hawker Hunter would be great, as would a F-4 preferably in SEA Camouflage.

However id give an arm and a leg for an Avro Vulcan! (Or a Panavia Tornado ;))
          I second that... id love to see an edf Tornado GR1

Comment

• 90mm A-7 Corsair. 12 MK82’s with a AIM-9 on the fuselage. We’d load them up 4 TER’s and a drop tank and send them into the target range in Okinawa.

Comment

• Load it with one MK Evan...

Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
              90mm A-7 Corsair. 12 MK82’s with a AIM-9 on the fuselage. We’d load them up 4 TER’s and a drop tank and send them into the target range in Okinawa.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                IMO, a model EDF of a real jet may not necessarily fly like the real thing. Take the F-117 for example. It requires a bank of over a dozen computers just to fly correctly and yet, I've seen several foamboard models of the F-117 the fly adequately well with no rudder and no stabilizers. Most, if not all "newbs" have a hard time incorporating rudder anyway and they "bank and yank" as they start their journey into this hobby. Add to this, the new generation of high kv, bank and yank 64mm EDFs that cost less than $100.00 and can be flown "slowish" or fast and a newb would be set to go for his/her first foray into EDF-land. Look at the new 64mm F-105 Thunderchief. Having no rudder is not really a handicap for a newb, whether it be a prop or EDF.
                The F9 Crusader falls into that category as well, as do I as a noob. I could use a new one, but i haven't committed the $139 for one yet and my first one still flies great, but she is / was a lesson in set-up and flying. It is a good one for anyone new getting in... if they have the balls...

Comment

• S-3 Viking twin 80mm

Comment

• For you Grumman Tiger fans,
                    1/10 F-11 80mm Freewing inrunner, 8 pounds and has 3D printed/metal scale gear.
                    First flights this weekend.
                    paul Click image for larger version

Name:	5D71AB69-42D0-4F59-AE90-DA03E7D36BA9.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	357613Click image for larger version

Name:	9CA0EB7B-76EC-4836-8178-7D7E173C1B57.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	357614Click image for larger version

Name:	55A8076E-7817-4D9B-86FB-49D8B891A943.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	357615

Comment

• What about a F-101B Voodoo?

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post

+1, likely with a better power to weight ratio it would be more forgiving than the full scale original, the layout looks like it would make a good rc plane (I have a small mig15 and she's a good flyer). With the 64mm jets yank n bank seems to work well. These little guys are easier on the wallet and work better for small fields,saves hanger space 2. The F-100 would make a nice addition, not really allot out there and shes a looker.
                        I would love a nice F-100 or even a F-106!

Comment

• Hawker Hunter, 80mm

Avro Vulcan

Skyray

Cougar

Comment

• Hawker Hunter would be very cool.

This one came through town earlier this summer.

Comment

• Hawker Hunter would be very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                Hawker Hunter would be very cool.

One of the nice things about the Hunter (in addition to looking really cool) is that the proportions are just about perfect for an aerobatic RC model and the engineering is straightforward.

Comment

Working...
                                X