You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

I'm dying for a nice single 80-90mm military offering from Freewing...

What about you guys? :)

Rafale? Jas-39 Gripen? F-18/C? F4? F22? F-100?

Maaaaaybe?

Yea a single 90 mm T-33 or the crusader to set with my A-6 that would be cool.

Comment

Speakin of A-6, an upscaling of the 1170mm version to the 1700 size of the A-10 would be awesome since the full size birds are equivalent spans. A-6 @ 53' and A-10 @ 57'
      It was the medium attack all weather workhorse that was replaced after 40 years by the F/A-18.
      I know that one of the Motion owners was an Intruder jockey so this HAS to be a can do.;)
      I can just see it with 24 Mk82 hanging off the 4 wing pylons and the centerline drop with my Squadrons logo on the tail.:) GO NAVY
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A6.jpg Views:	2 Size:	108.8 KB ID:	87270
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

One of the loudest jets I have ever heard... a Rafale would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          One of the loudest jets I have ever heard... a Rafale would be cool.
          INDEED! I've been dying for one!

Attached Files

Comment

The Rafale would nice for sure. I'd like to see another Mig also (the Mig-21 isn't something I'm interested in), the Mig-29 in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Speakin of A-6, an upscaling of the 1170mm version to the 1700 size of the A-10 would be awesome since the full size birds are equivalent spans. A-6 @ 53' and A-10 @ 57'
              It was the medium attack all weather workhorse that was replaced after 40 years by the FA-18.
              I know that one of the Motion owners was an Intruder jockey so this HAS to be a can do.;)
              I can just see it with 24 Mk82 hanging off the 4 wing pylons and the centerline drop with my Squadrons logo on the tail.:) GO NAVY
              Click image for larger version

Name:	A6.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	87270
              Wonder how hard it would be to modify the tail and cockpit so it could be offered as both the Intruder and Prowler?

Comment

I am thinking more along the lines of an F-4....No, not the Phantom II, the F4D-1 Skyray!!!

Name:	SkyrayFlyingOverNASNILarge.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	87330

Comment

There are no F-8 Crusader models available, I'd love to get one especially with the tilt wing. "Last of the Gun Fighters". Of course I can always go for another SkyRay too. I have a couple of different sizes right now, but a SkyRay with retracts would be awesome!

Comment

kenelder,

I would second an F-8 with tilt wing and scale gear. Make it in a 105mm flavor... on 14s power!!

S3 Viking twin 90mm, just because its rare and would fly great just like the 80mm twin A-10. 80ish in wingspan.. or whatever to get the nacelles scaled correctly.

My actual want would be for a P-3 Orion. Say 2+ meters on 4 x 6s 5000mah - optimized for long flights like the real one! // SORRY NOT AN EDF, but would be cool

Comment

I would like to see an F-4 Phantom. That is such a purposeful looking aircraft. Another one that would be great, the English Electric Lightning, what a beast. From brake release to 36,000ft before it reached the end of the runway in less than 3 minutes. It first flew in 1954 and I believe it was the only all British fighter to exceed Mach 2. It could also exceed Mach i on one engine. However, it did burn fuel like it was going out of fashion.

Martin.

Comment

F-8 Crusader!

Name:	5641217810_136a98be00_b.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	87360

Comment

F-4 Phantom twin 80s.

Comment

I would LUV a Corsair, Crusader, Phantom, Skyray and the list goes on and on but am I the only one that flies off of grass/turf and realizes that non of these are good candidates except for tarmac fliers like URRL(envious of his facility :Cool:) and a handful of others. :Straight-Face:. My 1170mm A-6 is barely acceptable gear wise for turf operations and our club keeps it's groomed short.
                            The A-10 is such a HUGE success because they(Alpha) kept the turf friendly undercarriage requirement in mind as a priority.;)
                            Lets put some real food for thought on the table for Alpha to chew on.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

We need as you say something with muscle & that does not mean BULK aka Porkers like what we have seen in most of the 90mm to date bar the Venom.. If you know what I mean..Less Bulk & More muscle as in V8.. Vrooom..:)

Comment

EPO FA-18 , upgraded landing gear mounts, 90mm, without the thrust vectoring for me.

Comment

For a single EDF setup I am going to stick to jets that are originally single engine.

1.AJS Viggen
                                  2.A-7 Corsair II/ Crasador
                                  3. Rafale
                                  4. Fiat G91

My top choice going to the Sabb AJS Viggen because it would not only offer unique flight dynamics that would not only make it easy to fly for first time EDF pilots but also offer seasoned pilots unparalleled capabilities. It's unique design of a delta wing with canards acted as a vortex generator producing more lift.
                                  The canard flaps when deployed in conjunction with the landing gear provided even more lift for takeoff and landings. Another unique feature was that it had a thrust reverser! Can you imagine a thrust reverser on an EDF Jet! It would not only allow for landings on any short run way but you could actually back it it up!

Conclusion: Easy to fly, more lift at all speeds, can operate on short runways and it can be revered.

Comment

Originally posted by Veltro View Post
                                    F-8 Crusader!

Name:	5641217810_136a98be00_b.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	87360
                                    +1. way cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                                      Yea a single 90 mm T-33 or the crusader to set with my A-6 that would be cool.
                                      Hobbyking has a 90mm T-33 in the Thunderbirds scheme. and i think RCLander has one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 0nemildot View Post
                                        kenelder,

I would second an F-8 with tilt wing and scale gear. Make it in a 105mm flavor... on 14s power!!

S3 Viking twin 90mm, just because its rare and would fly great just like the 80mm twin A-10. 80ish in wingspan.. or whatever to get the nacelles scaled correctly.

My actual want would be for a P-3 Orion. Say 2+ meters on 4 x 6s 5000mah - optimized for long flights like the real one! // SORRY NOT AN EDF, but would be cool
                                        You dont want a F-8 Crusader to be too big with all the bells and whistles. that might equal to a BIG price tag. maybe in the 400 - 500$ range would be a good price point. and have them make it to where u can add features in the upgrades list.

Comment

Working...
                                        X