First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't forget a 1.5 mm for the set screws

Comment

• Originally posted by welshman View Post
      Being an old mechanic, and not much of a modeler anymore, my tools are a little large for the gear upgrade.
      Can anyone shed some light on the hex size for the job?
      Here's a little more directional assistance.
      My first set of modeling Hex tools was these DYNAMITE (still have/use them)
      EDIT........I forgot that Motion has these Dynamite
      But as a skilled HD mech there is times when a quality set of wrenches is required. Got these PROTEK also.
      Now you have some choices which includes a 1.5mm ;)LOL
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks OV10 and Rob1950. off to motion I go.

Comment

• I love this plane so much that I had to build another. I've always wanted a T-45 GosHawk, but couldn't see myself getting the 90mm version from Freewing. Since these planes are so similar, I decided to paint my KIT in the T-45 livery. The paint scheme was so much easier than my BAe Hawk 1. I then asked Callie Graphics to print me out this version of the T-45. It turned out pretty clean! I maiden her last weekend and she flew nice. Still my landings need to improve. I was mostly flying her with the Roaring Top 4500mah 45C 6s batteries all the way back. She was a lot more nimble than my BAe. It is most likely due to that fact that I fly the BAe with a Roaring Top 5800mah 35C 6s battery all the way back. Enjoy the pics I got of her Saturday morning.

GregC

Comment

• Originally posted by GregC540i View Post
            I love this plane so much that I had to build another. I've always wanted a T-45 GosHawk, but couldn't see myself getting the 90mm version from Freewing. Since these planes are so similar, I decided to paint my KIT in the T-45 livery. The paint scheme was so much easier than my BAe Hawk 1. I then asked Callie Graphics to print me out this version of the T-45. It turned out pretty clean! I maiden her last weekend and she flew nice. Still my landings need to improve. I was mostly flying her with the Roaring Top 4500mah 45C 6s batteries all the way back. She was a lot more nimble than my BAe. It is most likely due to that fact that I fly the BAe with a Roaring Top 5800mah 35C 6s battery all the way back. Enjoy the pics I got of her Saturday morning.

GregC
            LOWER :)
            Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

• I'm trying but for some reason Photoshop is not allowing me to do so! hahahaha . LOL

Comment

• Hey guys, just checked before announcing. The BAe Hawk manual has been updated and posted on the Motion R/C website.
                Hope you like it!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Manual schmanual That plane needs a manual ? LOL Just kidding. It is one of the easier build and setups I've ever seen. In fact, when I first maidened mine, I literally did not need any trim. Not even a smidgen . A rare event. It's arguably the best 70mm edf out there..
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

•  

Comment

• Can you guess what I'm building tomorrow?

My first Motion RC purchase.

Comment

• Awesome! I love mine Andre. It's fast for a 70mm jet.

Comment

• Hey Andre ! Nice Xmas present ! Welcome to the MRC Freewing edf family. It's an addiction and many of us seek counseling.

You picked a good one and will love flying her. When I maidened mine, I literally needed zero trim. Now, she's my get to the field go-to jet .Will fly the Hawk while charging batts for the A-10, A4, F5,Mig-21, A6 , Yak-130, F-16 V2. She's plenty fast, but can slow down nicely when needed, easy to fly, versatile and one great value.

Might even take you 1 hour to complete. That's 30 minutes of just sitting there staring in amazement and 30 minutes of actual build time. LOL

Best of Luck !

Hawk
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                            Hey Andre ! Nice Xmas present ! Welcome to the MRC Freewing edf family. It's an addiction and many of us seek counseling.

You picked a good one and will love flying her. When I maidened mine, I literally needed zero trim. Now, she's my get to the field go-to jet .Will fly the Hawk while charging batts for the A-10, A4, F5,Mig-21, A6 , Yak-130, F-16 V2. She's plenty fast, but can slow down nicely when needed, easy to fly, versatile and one great value.

Might even take you 1 hour to complete. That's 30 minutes of just sitting there staring in amazement and 30 minutes of actual build time. LOL

Best of Luck !

Hawk
                            I'm excited but she'll have to wait a few months before I can fly. Winter Boo.

Comment

• Got some video (first attempt ever at air to air) with the Hawk. Camera ship was an A-4. Got the takeoff and one decent pass down the runway later on.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Nothing new to most of you but today I put together my Hawk. Very excited to own this one.
                                Looking forward to 2018 and some serious EDF fun.

:)

Comment

• GREAT JET

Comment

• Yikes, your field looks really tight. Kudos to the camera man. I got dizzy just watching it. What’s up with that “NO FLY” sign at the end of the runway in that car graveyard? I can imagine some old geezer sitting there with a shotgun waiting to blow anything out of the sky that crosses his property line!

I really like the digital camo scheme. Very unique...

Great flight and it moves me closer to buying one. Really impressed with its flight qualities. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E5FAF6DA-292F-4670-98D1-9246641D88CB.jpeg
Views:	1008
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	111096Click image for larger version

Name:	755EB1AD-0749-4A3C-BF66-9FCBD61F788D.jpeg
Views:	899
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	111097Click image for larger version

Name:	53275530-72DD-484B-93F8-D5AB596B0284.jpeg
Views:	921
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	111098Click image for larger version

Name:	E28A18DB-8763-4ECA-A48E-F3EA9162243A.jpeg
Views:	942
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	111099Click image for larger version

Name:	897B7B66-FBBA-427C-9945-4460EC979994.jpeg
Views:	913
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	111100 My Xmas present freewing hawk T1 in the painting process

Comment

• Hi Asilgram, looks good but beware of the sun if its going to be all black, some UV resistant coating would be advisable, otherwise the heat from the sun will bubble the foam. Keep her in the shade while in flying.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 That’s fab advise thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X