Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra Hotel Indigo Tango ! I thought I was replying to the A-10 thread- sorry.. Wow ! I have not tried anything bigger than the Admiral 5000 50C in the Hawk. Was concerned it would become too heavy.

Good to know Steve ! I'm gonna take tomorrow off and try the bigger batts. One of favorite FW jets. I can keep up with the Avanti's no problem. For 200 bucks,there's a lot of plane there.
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hi, just got a Freewing Hawk and the upgraded suspension set. Has anyone had any issues with the replacement rear legs being shorter than the original ones? Mine are about half an inch too short so the wheels hit the wing instead of going up into the wheel wells when retracted. I don't want to start making the wells bigger and potentially damaging or weakening the wing, so would hardened steel rod be ok to make some replacement longer pins to get the legs to the correct length? Thanks.

Comment

• mine fit the way they were supposed to call motion and talk to them if that's is where u bought them

Comment

• Freewing Bae Hawk 70mm nose landing gear extension
          Freewing Bae Hawk 70mm Bugfahrwerks Abstüzung. Wer möchte kann mir gerne eine Spende zukommen lassen. (Freewing Bae Hawk 70mm nose landing g

Comment

• The thing offers a possibility the RX or Stabi easy to assemble and disassemble
            Das Ding bietet eine möglichkeit den RX oder Stabi leicht zu montieren und demontieren. Wer möchte kann mir gerne eine Spende zukommen lasse

Comment

• Got my Hawk from Motionrc today ....sadly a faulty flap servo has halted my maiden......will contact motion in the morning for a replacment. damn i was looking forward to it

Comment

• May have to wait til Thursday do to the holiday.

Comment

• Enjoyed shooting Michael Troy's custom painted Freewing 70mm Hawk this AM

Comment

• Sha Weet !
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Long time lurker as I was out of the hobby for years. Finally got back in. I'm blown away at the increase in quality these models are now showing. Maidened my Hawk today and it was a wonderful success. Felt the 162mm was slightly nose heavy so moved the battery back just a tad and it feels amazing now. The jet has plenty of power and I come from a Turbine background. Didn't feel like the lethargic foamies of the earlier years at all. I did read about the mods needed for the weak spot on the body fuse, but when I checked mine it appears FW or Motion RC has already fully installed any reinforcement I would ever need. This is one of the nicest jets I have flown in a long time. Got 6 total flights and the retracts to my outright shock are...fine?? For real?? They didn't fall apart at the first bump...wow...My mind is blown!

Comment

• Flew my Hawk several times this weekend as well at TIA's annual 4th of July Fly-in. I love this jet because it flies so well and I get the longest flight times with it of any jet I own. It's a keeper for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pepperpete View Post
                          Long time lurker as I was out of the hobby for years. Finally got back in. I'm blown away at the increase in quality these models are now showing. Maidened my Hawk today and it was a wonderful success. Felt the 162mm was slightly nose heavy so moved the battery back just a tad and it feels amazing now. The jet has plenty of power and I come from a Turbine background. Didn't feel like the lethargic foamies of the earlier years at all. I did read about the mods needed for the weak spot on the body fuse, but when I checked mine it appears FW or Motion RC has already fully installed any reinforcement I would ever need. This is one of the nicest jets I have flown in a long time. Got 6 total flights and the retracts to my outright shock are...fine?? For real?? They didn't fall apart at the first bump...wow...My mind is blown!
                          That is cool! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!:Cool:

Comment

• looks like great painters think alike lol

Comment

• I have to agree, this is a fun jet to fly. Even flying 800mg batteries, I'm having no problems on grass with stock gear.

Comment

• Ok I ordered the gray Hawk What did you use to mask off the area that you want to paint?

Mike

Comment

• 6 more flights on mine. I have finally settled on a CG of 166. About 4mm back from the stock setting. To be clear the stock setting was fine. But with 166 I find the ROG is shorter and feels really nice. And on landing she flairs exactly the way I want with flaps. I can land it at a crawl. What a wonderful plane. So far everything has held up just fine on a very rough grass runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by DFJETFLYER View Post
                                    Ok I ordered the gray Hawk What did you use to mask off the area that you want to paint?

Mike
                                    I used yellow Frog tape after having stuck it to my shirt. Seal the edge with the back of a fingernail and don't lay the paint on too wet the first application. Good luck.

Comment

• make sure to press tape into the panel lines or its run city

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilkigmc View Post
                                        Hi, just got a Freewing Hawk and the upgraded suspension set. Has anyone had any issues with the replacement rear legs being shorter than the original ones? Mine are about half an inch too short so the wheels hit the wing instead of going up into the wheel wells when retracted. I don't want to start making the wells bigger and potentially damaging or weakening the wing, so would hardened steel rod be ok to make some replacement longer pins to get the legs to the correct length? Thanks.
                                        Did you get your situation resolved? I just got a set of the upgraded struts and they are too short as well. Another support ticket! I have three of them in with Motion. My Spektrum AS3x 7ch Rx was DOA, won't power up. I had to mail it back to Horizon for service. And the Red Nav LED blew out almost right away after I powered it up. Oh well! Patience!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Check out what the world looks like aboard the Hawk when it's flying the traffic circuit like a real plane does - airspeed controlled by stick and altitude by throttle.

Comment

Working...
                                          X