X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Steve,
    Thank you for my birthday present. I love it! You're the best.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Happy birthday! My only stipulation is I get to give it to you in person at George's place and in the meantime, can I fly it some? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Happy birthday! My only stipulation is I get to give it to you in person at George's place and in the meantime, can I fly it some? :)
        LOL
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• One more piece of detail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171125_195639_001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	105517

I have one last set of graphics coming for it from Callie. The pilot 'LT George Baker'. Yes George, you get to be a Blue Angels pilot! I should've put a goatee on him before I glued the canopy down.

Comment

One more piece of detail.

Click image for larger version Name:	20171125_195639_001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	105517

I have one last set of graphics coming for it from Callie. The pilot 'LT George Baker'. Yes George, you get to be a Blue Angels pilot! I should've put a goatee on him before I glued the canopy down.
            Awesome! That's an honor!
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Cool, but you mean the canopy doesn't open!!LOL

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah, not on this one. I did cardstock the cockpit though.

Comment

• Just found this thread. Well done.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• The last graphics arrived today from Callie and it is finally ready for a clear coat. In honor of my best friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171202_195116.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	106788

Comment

The last graphics arrived today from Callie and it is finally ready for a clear coat. In honor of my best friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171202_195116.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	106788
                      That just made my day! Thanks Steve!
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• :Cool:.....but only a LT :Confused: Steve must be bucking for that Commander slot. :PLOL
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          :Cool:.....but only a LT :Confused: Steve must be bucking for that Commander slot. :PLOL
                          I got busted down to LT because of a friendly fire incident involving an A-10 :Silly:
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Ha! That was great George.

Comment

• Karma don't go well when the Admiral puts the word out to the fleet about her "arm candy" getting his toys busted. LOL
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Looks awesome Steve. So do you just email a picture of what you want Callie to make and she makes it in the size you want? Can’t wait to see her maiden flight, which hopefully you’ll video!

Comment

• I had to work with Callie on some of the graphics as far as size was concerned but she is very easy to work with. Some that weren't in the set I requested based on an image I found. For instance, I initially could tell the McDonnell Douglas logo was on the vertical fin and should have been part of the set but I could not find a clear enough picture that showed Skyhawk II as part of it. Eventually I did and requested she remake them at my expense. For the pilot name I just asked her to make it in the same font as the Blue Angels beside the intakes but 1/4" tall for upper case. They were perfect. Mine is far from perfect to my eye and as I researched it there were subtle changes in the graphics over time on the fullsize birds but its ok. Typically though yes, you just send her an image if possible and tell her how tall or wide to make them.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                    :Cool:.....but only a LT :Confused: Steve must be bucking for that Commander slot. :PLOL
                                    If I had gone with the #1 plane it would have been CMDR George Baker.

Comment

• Just curious is there a B-24 in your future?

Mike

Comment

• The Liberator is an awesome plane and while EDF's are really more my thing I cannot rule out the allure of a large multi-engine bomber either. I have some goals for what I want to build so it will largely depend on what MRC releases and how much that interrupts my plans. LOL Some planes I like to just kinda throw together and fly and some I like to take my time researching and make them special to me and I have some favorites that may not even be available, yet I hope.

Comment

The Liberator is an awesome plane and while EDF's are really more my thing I cannot rule out the allure of a large multi-engine bomber either. I have some goals for what I want to build so it will largely depend on what MRC releases and how much that interrupts my plans. LOL Some planes I like to just kinda throw together and fly and some I like to take my time researching and make them special to me and I have some favorites that may not even be available, yet I hope.
                                          I was just curious as I find your wok amazing. Regardless of the subject I always look forward to seeing your work. Learn something from every build.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                          X