Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Rate Expert work!!!! the work for the gear doors on the mains is wonderful! Totally Tempted to by a second one! But alas I need an F-14 and a A 10 and 10 more 6S Batteries
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Got the refueling probe sorted out. It looks much better. It is easy to bend with the help of a heat gun but you gotta be careful not to over heat it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171012_215002.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	100274

Comment

This is just a dry run as the main wheel doors are merely taped on to get a quick visual on it. So far so good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171012_232125.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	100278

I replaced the nose wheel with the slightly smaller one from the 90mm F-16. I wish my strobes would hurry up. They are currently on back order.

Comment

Man, those gear doors look sweet!
          Pat

Comment

Are those brass hinges on the nose gear door?

Comment

Thanks Pat! Yes Boots, they are narrow brass piano hinges. Gonna give 'em a try.

Comment

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                1st Rate Expert work!!!! the work for the gear doors on the mains is wonderful! Totally Tempted to by a second one! But alas I need an F-14 and a A 10 and 10 more 6S Batteries
                I hear ya'... I have a priority list as well and thanks! although, I wouldn't call it expert work. I am just muddling my way through it.

Comment

Not much to report tonight... I got one set of main doors hinged and ran out of hinges. Will get more tomorrow.

Name:	20171013_233513.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	100395

Name:	20171013_233522.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	100396

Name:	20171013_233538.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	100397

I also worked with Callie to make some corrections to her Blue Angels graphics, mostly sizing issues, and things like adding the McDonnell Douglas logo and changing the badge to have A-4's on it instead of F-18's.

Name:	20171013_194645.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	100398

Comment

YOU GO STEVO :Cool:
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

We'll get higher and higher straight up we'll climb.... we'll get....sorry. I got a little lost in thought there for a moment.

Comment

Got the nose gear door functioning so it is basically done. Next up will be to get the main gear doors working together which could be tricky. We shall see....

Comment

That is looking really good. More detail work than I'm willing to do but I do admire what you are doing.
                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Thanks Bill. I am part crazy and part glutton for punishment LOL

Quite the glorious sight.

Name:	20171014_210916.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	100489

On a side note, I got the JHH Mk. 82 bombs today for my Green Knights. That will probably be about a week or more worth of work to put 12 of those puppies together and make the MER's. Should look awesome when done though.

Comment

Main gear doors closing. Now to work on the opening part...

I am totally winging this as I go so it has changed several times already.

Comment

Of course it has to have an operational arresting hook.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171016_192355.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	100692

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171016_192405.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	100693

I will hook it up soon.

Comment

This means you have to do a string system on the runway now to stop it

Comment

That would be cool but.....

Comment

Looks great Steve, you're an amazing talent!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Dan. Not amazing enough to keep monkeying around with trying to get the main doors to open without servos. I am wanting to move on to finishing and painting so I am throwing in the towel, waiving the white flag and will work the mains doors with servos. I will try to make them work with just one for each set of doors to start. I ordered some 9g servos and a gear door sequencer so I will have more to post soon. Not to get side-tracked but I traded with George and got this from him.

Name:	20171022_185841.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	101437

He has already installed better fans, ESC's, retracts and servos. I am going to quickly install a receiver and get it set up to hopefully fly at a Halloween Fun Fly this Saturday. Heck with the TV and the drag shute. Should be interesting.

Comment

The SU-47?!?? Just in time for Halloween! That’s one scary looking machine! Better open a new thread, we’ll all want to know more!

Comment

Working...
                                          X