Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, most of the graphics are on and she is looking pretty sharp. Here is another walk around video and some pics. She is almost done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_203040.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	104355

Name:	20171118_203259.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	104356

Name:	20171118_203319.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	104357

Name:	20171118_213702.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	104358

Name:	20171118_213743.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	104359

Name:	20171118_213802.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	104360

Comment

• I can't believe how much you got done on it today.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Can't wait to see this thing in flight. Looks really great Steve.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          I can't believe how much you got done on it today.
          That and I finished the Stinkbug and got the maiden in on it. It was a good day.

Comment

• Man that's purrrty, nice job.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
              Can't wait to see this thing in flight. Looks really great Steve.
              Thank you sir. I hope the maiden will happen soon and we can get some video of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Man that's purrrty, nice job.:Cool:
                Thanks! It is turning out very nice but it has been a challenge.

Comment

• Always enjoy watching what you do Steve in getting yours birds looking the part before you maiden.:Cool:
                  That is exactly what I do..........Purdy them up and then maiden them in their glory.;)
                  I always get a chuckle over the nervous ones saying maiden them before spending all that time detailing.:P
                  Nonsense......damn those torpedoes and full steam ahead LOL
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    Always enjoy watching what you do Steve in getting yours birds looking the part before you maiden.:Cool:
                    That is exactly what I do..........Purdy them up and then maiden them in their glory.;)
                    I always get a chuckle over the nervous ones saying maiden them before spending all that time detailing.:P
                    Nonsense......damn those torpedoes and full steam ahead LOL
                    10 years ago we built a house and to save money I worked out a deal with the builder where I would do the trim and door painting. We moved in before it all got done and it is still not done to this day. I can understand the caution to pour a lot of work into a plane before making sure it is air worthy and all but I have had very good success with maidens in general and I personally am less likely to finish a plane once I start flying it.

Comment

• If it were released in a Blue Angels color scheme and at least had a nose door and a lighting package, I may thought about purchasing the A-4 :Cool:. Excellent job on all the modifications Steve.

Comment

• wow amazing work! any chance of a flight video?
                        Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                        Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                        Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                        Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Thanks guys. A flight video is part of the plan. Having to deal more with the weather now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            Thanks guys. A flight video is part of the plan. Having to deal more with the weather now.
                            I'll bet George will fly LOL
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm with Charlie, I do all the paint and detailing before maidening, it's more than half the fun. I think the only one that hasn't been through the paint booth is the Avanti but even she has clear coats on her.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'll bet George will fly LOL
                                Yeah, George will fly in anything but even he won't risk compromising EVERYTHING he has in bad weather conditions. Even he has some more foul weather birds ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Yeah, George will fly in anything but even he won't risk compromising EVERYTHING he has in bad weather conditions. Even he has some more foul weather birds ;)
                                  Flying the little E-flite Cub today, sustained 25mph wind with gusts up to 40mph...I really like flying in high wind, with the right plane it's really fun.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Decided to go ahead and add the vortex generators while I am waiting for the last graphics to arrive.

Name:	20171123_151105.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	105117

Comment

• A little touch up paint and they will be all done. That wasn't so bad.

Name:	20171123_161517.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	105124

Name:	20171123_161342.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	105125

Comment

• Nicely done!

Comment

• Those look amazing. At least a 1000 volts there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X