Views:	303
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	103892

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171113_223759.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	103893

Tomorrow I hope to work on the bright silver.

Comment

• That’s so slick it’s sick. :Drooling:

Comment

• That's sure going to be nice. Looks like it's doing 500 knots just sitting there!

Comment

• I know what you mean! Higher and High... sorry.

Comment

• Steve:
            They have a Blue Angels Skyhawk in the Museum of Flight in Seattle, bet Aros has some pics, if not, he's always looking for an excuse to go there.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Good idea Dan. I finished painting and now it is down to touch up. Overall it turned out well so far. Here is a short walk around video and some pics. I will be painting the gear struts white next.

Name:	20171114_232114.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	103988

Name:	20171114_232056.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	103989

Name:	20171114_232138.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	103990

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                Good idea Dan. I finished painting and now it is down to touch up. Overall it turned out well so far. Here is a short walk around video and some pics. I will be painting the gear struts white next.
                Sexy!
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks really good Steve. You should have flipped her over in the walk around video, showing off her bottom, her most impressive side! ;) The gear doors, i wish you would mass produce enough of them for your squawk brothers, I’d definitely buy a couple sets from you! When using the filler before priming, do you fill the panel lines any to tone them down or are you just hitting foam blemishes?

Comment

• Thanks Boots. One day I will invest in a 3D printer and then a lot of this will become easier and more reproducible. I did fill panel lines to tone them down but not all of them.Even though I filled them there is still a slight trace of them left. Looks much better and hard to see in the pics with the dark blue paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      When using the filler before priming, do you fill the panel lines any to tone them down or are you just hitting foam blemishes?
                      Cmon Boots......he show'd us only 20 posts ago. LOL

Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Sorry! Brain freeze? :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                          Sorry! Brain freeze? :P
                          And for me it's called chemobrain;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• ... Can I just send you mine and have you trick it out just like yours??? :Cool:

Comment

• I would love to but then like Alpha I wouldn't get any sleep. :Dizzy:

Comment

• Gear struts are now white. First round of touch up paint is done. Only a little left to do and then it will be time for the graphics.

Name:	20171117_001455.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	104185

Name:	20171117_001424.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	104186

Name:	20171117_001607.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	104187

Comment

• Fantastic work! The gear doors make a huge difference.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                  Gear struts are now white. First round of touch up paint is done. Only a little left to do and then it will be time for the graphics.

Name:	20171117_001455.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	104185

Name:	20171117_001424.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	104186

Name:	20171117_001607.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	104187

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                    Fantastic work! The gear doors make a huge difference.

Thank you sir! I think you are right on the gear doors. They really do improve its appearance. For all the trouble they have been I am glad I gave them a try. I can see that 3D printed doors could be much easier to deal with if someone were to make them. I am going to a Hangar Day event at TIGRB's tomorrow and plan to get the intakes painted white and the graphics on it there. That will really set it off. The only graphic that I am waiting on is the MD logo. Initially I could never find a clear enough image to determine the Skyhawk II on it so I just ordered the logo without it. Later I found a good image so she is making them for me now with the Skyhawk II. After the graphics are done it will get a clear coat of Krylon Acrylic Clear Gloss. I am doing a 1980 #6 which is as close as I can get to the planes that did an airshow in my hometown.

Comment

• in the early 70's I would drive by the blues area at Pensacola nas and almost every day there were 3 or 4 guys out polishing the f4's... we need a pic of you polishing this one lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                        in the early 70's I would drive by the blues area at Pensacola nas and almost every day there were 3 or 4 guys out polishing the f4's... we need a pic of you polishing this one lol
                                        Lol. I could take a forced perspective picture and then Photoshop myself into it...

Comment

• Sadly, I was at their last show with the Skyhawk at Niagra Falls. The opposing solos had a midair collision and one pilot was killed. I don't think they performed again until they received the F/A-18.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thank you sir! I think you are right on the gear doors. They really do improve its appearance. For all the trouble they have been I am glad I gave them a try. I can see that 3D printed doors could be much easier to deal with if someone were to make them. I am going to a Hangar Day event at TIGRB's tomorrow and plan to get the intakes painted white and the graphics on it there. That will really set it off. The only graphic that I am waiting on is the MD logo. Initially I could never find a clear enough image to determine the Skyhawk II on it so I just ordered the logo without it. Later I found a good image so she is making them for me now with the Skyhawk II. After the graphics are done it will get a clear coat of Krylon Acrylic Clear Gloss. I am doing a 1980 #6 which is as close as I can get to the planes that did an airshow in my hometown.

Comment

Working...
                                          X