Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Yeah that new FMS 8S 90mm inrunner fan looks legit. Have an Avios Mig 17 coming that I'll fly with the stock outrunner for a bit and then likely swap up to that setup. When the ARF+ of this jet comes back in stock I'll grab it. Really digging that F15E Strike eagle conversion tho... I wonder if he'd make and sell canopies from the mold he has... the conformal tanks I'm confident I could do myself. Make it into a F-15EX... new EX is crazy, like 12 missiles hanging off the wings, F35 or F22 way out in front engaging and feeding back info via a datalink and the EX crew just sits there blowing stuff out of the sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_122540.jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	270247Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_221644.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	270248Click image for larger version

Name:	20200729_143808.jpg
Views:	1389
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	270249Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081435.jpg
Views:	1415
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	270250Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081552.jpg
Views:	1431
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	270251 ​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081620.jpg
Views:	1454
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	270252Click image for larger version

Name:	20200823_081706.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	270253
      Some pics I made during the build of the F-15E.

For all of you Eagle drivers, thinking to build a Strike Eagle also. The CFT's, I made out of roofmate, very light and you can sand them very well. Using filler and lots of sanding and you got them ready. I used a Revell 1/48 model kit to measure. The additional weapon stations are also made out of roofmate with a thin layer of fiberglas. For attachment I used the male and female spare parts from MotionRC's F16 and also 3D printed ones. For the cockpit, I put some fiberglas on the downside, so I was able to remove the foam behind the first cockpit. I used 3D parts( pilots, cockpit parts, weapons etc.) offered on Thingiverse from some great guys out of this forum. Thanks for sharing!!! For the canopy, I used the old one to build a mold and added the extra space using filler and after hours of sanding and measuring I am very happy with the result. I used 0,8mm vivak petg clear plastic plates, put them on a frame and to put it into a 150 degree C hot oven for 3min and put it quickly over the mold.

Color is gunship grey, decals are from Callie Graphics.

If you have any questions, please fell free to ask
      If you still have the mold for the canopy would you consider making/selling one or two? I'm really digging on the new F-15EX and would love to do a conversion...

Comment

• After approx 75 flights, I experienced the first ever “glitch” with my trusty F-15. Shortly after turning base leg to land, the F-15 began sinking at an uncontrollable rate. I continued the turn to final, so still under control but it seemed to have lost some if not all power. The jet landed well short of the runway on rough terrain tearing away the right main landing gear and doing substantial damage to the bottom of the jet. Once at the crash sight I found the EDF would power up with no issues. The lipo was then tested, no issues noted and 30% left in the pack.

I plan on rebuilding the F-15, it’s been too much fun to be without. But with the unknown gremlin still lurking that caused the power down, I’m hesitant to move forward with the repairs. I don’t understand why It would lose power while in a phase of flight where the power is being reduced, with plenty of juice left in the pack. I’m thinking the ESC/BEC are suspect. Other than that, I’m not sure where else to look. Any ideas?
        Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
          After approx 75 flights, I experienced the first ever “glitch” with my trusty F-15. Shortly after turning base leg to land, the F-15 began sinking at an uncontrollable rate. I continued the turn to final, so still under control but it seemed to have lost some if not all power. The jet landed well short of the runway on rough terrain tearing away the right main landing gear and doing substantial damage to the bottom of the jet. Once at the crash sight I found the EDF would power up with no issues. The lipo was then tested, no issues noted and 30% left in the pack.

I plan on rebuilding the F-15, it’s been too much fun to be without. But with the unknown gremlin still lurking that caused the power down, I’m hesitant to move forward with the repairs. I don’t understand why It would lose power while in a phase of flight where the power is being reduced, with plenty of juice left in the pack. I’m thinking the ESC/BEC are suspect. Other than that, I’m not sure where else to look. Any ideas?
          Thanks.
          Internal resistance in the battery could be the problem. High IR will cause power loss,.even if the battery has a full charge

Comment

• Please someone clarify where the cg is. The picture us miserable.. give me a panel line or definate area to calculate from.. also is the elevator correct with all that down or should it be level as with most aircraft.. need to know before flight. Thanks Nickel

Comment

• Has anyone set this up on a 6ch rx? Thinking of programming the air brake into the flaps so I don't need a separate channel for it.

Comment

• What flight times do you get with this F 15 with the new 9 blade inrunner EDF installed in the new upgraded F 15

Comment

• So how does the F15 fly .I love the F15 but not sure if it fly has good has the F 22 .My hart tells me to get the F15 but my brain tells me the F22 is the better buy .Whish I could a ford to buy both but the wife might agree to that .One of the members of .our club has the first F 15 but is not a great lover of it ,he's tell me he only get 2 minute of flying but he has the old outrunner motor .That is why asked about the flight times of the new inrunner version

Comment

• The F-15 flies great, but heavier than the F-22. The F-22 is lighter and more floaty-feeling (in a good way).
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                      So how does the F15 fly .I love the F15 but not sure if it fly has good has the F 22 .My hart tells me to get the F15 but my brain tells me the F22 is the better buy .Whish I could a ford to buy both but the wife might agree to that .One of the members of .our club has the first F 15 but is not a great lover of it ,he's tell me he only get 2 minute of flying but he has the old outrunner motor .That is why asked about the flight times of the new inrunner version
                      I have both the F-15 high performance and the F-22 8s version. I just put 4 more flights on the F-15 last Saturday, great flying airplane. It's a thrill to fly, and looks terrific in the air. It's fun to fly it in a scale-like manner with both slow and full speed passes. Landings are an absolute blast and look very realistic.

The F-22 is a hotrod and as Aros said feels much lighter, because it is. It does everything well, and is a lot of fun to fly.

Comment

• The Eorope warehouse is out of stock at the moment and was trying decide which to buy the F 15 or the Gripen. Think I have alway like the F 15 so might go for the F 15 even though it is an older model One question. I have the Admiral Pro 6s 6000, will these 6000 fit into the F 15 without chopping the foam or adding lead to get the c of g right

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                          The Eorope warehouse is out of stock at the moment and was trying decide which to buy the F 15 or the Gripen. Think I have alway like the F 15 so might go for the F 15 even though it is an older model One question. I have the Admiral Pro 6s 6000, will these 6000 fit into the F 15 without chopping the foam or adding lead to get the c of g right
                          I use the Admiral 6000 in mine with no issue.

Comment

• Hi guys, just acquired an F-15 and I must have forgotten the spar.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the spar is available as a spare part on the Motion website, which seems odd.

Can anyone tell me the length and OD of the spar for the F-15? Or, even better, if there happens to be another Freewing plane (Or any other manufacturer) that uses the same size spar?

Comment

• Originally posted by dam718 View Post
                              Hi guys, just acquired an F-15 and I must have forgotten the spar.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the spar is available as a spare part on the Motion website, which seems odd.

Can anyone tell me the length and OD of the spar for the F-15? Or, even better, if there happens to be another Freewing plane (Or any other manufacturer) that uses the same size spar?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	1762A892-8278-4B96-B20E-D8EC77C11C39.jpeg
Views:	760
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	287667

Comment

• Originally posted by dam718 View Post
                                Hi guys, just acquired an F-15 and I must have forgotten the spar.

I have a spare spar that is pretty close in size but I cannot guarantee it will fit...I have a collection of spars and I don't know what models they belong to. If interested just hit me up in PM...
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

I have a spare spar that is pretty close in size but I cannot guarantee it will fit...I have a collection of spars and I don't know what models they belong to. If interested just hit me up in PM...
                                  I cut down a spar to size from an F-18 I don't fly anymore. I'm going to see if they have 10mm diameter carbon tube at my local Hobbytown as well. If they don't have anything I'll let you know. I have a feeling buying a new F-18 spar and having it shipped from Motion may be cheaper than shipping it any other way if you do have one available.

Comment

• Hello F-15 Eagle pilots... New member here and new flyer. Started flying in August with a HABU STS 70mm. Loved the jet so much moved up quickly to the F-15 90mm STD version. After about 4 flights with a great pilot watching he thought it was alittle lazy with the stock outrunner. So like Tim Allen would, I upgraded for more power to the inrunner 4068-1835KV. Well more power is there and now have about 10 flights on her. Now to the next phase for her. I am gonna do a winter project for her to an 8S motor. Some say the FMS 8S 90mm is the way to go others say the Freewing 4075-1390kv is best for this bird. Opinions from you guys with more flights would be great. Also do I upgrade to a 150amp ESC or can the stock 130amp ESC handle the 8S motor? The current inrunner in the F-15 is finding a new home in a Freewing F-18 Blue Angels (ARF).....Thoughts.... Thanks.....

Comment

• Follow up to above... Would love longer flight times as well.... Best option?

Comment

• 8S should deliver the increase in flight times you're looking for as it will be lower amps for a given power output. There's an increase in vertical performance but don't expect it to revolutionise the way the f15 flies, you'll still need to be prudent managing it's energy.
                                        I have the FMS 1500kv and it's lovely in the F15, so much so that I bought another for the raptor, but does take some work to fit in a freewing plane. It's a little precarious for the F15 as the fuselage is actually quite thin above the EDF housing. If the freewing 8S is a drop in fit I think that would be a big advantage.

Either way you'll need a HV ESC that can take the higher voltage. Also note that if your choice of ESC doesn't have a built in BEC (many HV ESCs won't) you'll need a BEC which can take 8S voltage input (or run a seperate 2S pack for the BEC).

For what it's worth I went with the flyfun 130A opto on the FMS 1500kv and run the stock freewing BEC on a 2S lipo.

Comment

• I bought the HP 1680kv inrunner version when the F-15 was released. After flight 1, I decided to go 8s. The vertical just was not there. Strangely, that same edf turned my stock F-16 OR into a thoroughbred, but with short flight times. Anyway, I tried both the 1390kv and 1260kv freewing 12 blade fans on 8s. Very little difference between the 2 in this bird. I got the vertical I wanted but it always felt like I was flying through water. Had to stay to deep into the power to keep from mushing out. It was just too heavy with 1000-1050gm lipos. CG was also a problem, even with the nosecone weight removed. This bird likes aft CG. I just replaced the 1390kv with the 1900kv 9-blade inrunner 6s. Weight savings was 15oz, including tailweight removal.

She lifted off the ground effortlessly and just flew with so much more ease and grace. Less power needed to cruise. When I went vertical, yeah, didn't have what my 8s did but it wasn't bad.. but just not quite enough. It was better than the HP 12b 1680kv 6s. When I swap back to the stock 130a 6s ESC and go to my lighter 750gm 5000 lipos, it will be even better... ~6 more oz saved. I believe this will get me vertical just under what the 8s version could provide. Forgot to add that the lipos are barely warm after a flight.

Though the split exhaust design in the F-4 and F-22 serves the fw 8s edfs well, I think the subpar split-exhaust ducting design in the F-15 just causes too much blade-stall on all freewing 12-blade fans. Therefore, a 9-blade, spinning faster, just "breathes" better, with less blade stall. Also, note that the fms 12b fans have a flatter blade pitch than the freewing 12b, so they breathe better too. fms really got their rotor design better than Freewing, even though I prefer fw models. The thing is, I wanted a drop in fit AND less weight. The fms fans are lighter but fitment can be painful... having to carve foam and, in some cases, solder/remove esc extensions.

Comment

Working...
                                          X