Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
    Davegee,
    Sorry, I meant to ask what LED light set did you use. Thanks.
    Sorry for my confusing text. I use the speak to text function and it didn’t understand me and I did not bother to proofread it.
    No sweat, TOA. I just wanted to be sure I understood your question to get you a good answer. I used the LED set that costs about $12.43. I'll post a picture of it. There is a larger set for about $20, but I didn't need all that stuff for this project. Good luck with your project, let me know if I can help out any.
    Cheers
    Attached Files

Comment

• Davegee,,

TOA

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        James

Some people have posted paint codes for the liveries. Bmccool posted the Air Force livery paint codes, but he still needs to test them. I posted (post #528 in this thread, and linked below) the Home Depot paint codes for the German camo. T-33. If you'd like, maybe it could be beneficial to update the first post (or the website or anywhere Motion is comfortable with) with the pictures of the various codes for each livery to make it easier to find instead of sifting through the thread. Maybe that can be possible on any thread when someone (or you) provides the paint codes.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...038#post232038
        For some reason, when I tried to get the orange sample color from my local home depots ( I tried several before I was able to get a sample) their system was unable to process the order. It turned out that none of the Home Depots in our area carry Behr samples in eggshell. Only after several attempts was I able to find someone who could figure out how to get the paint codes in for a satin base. I'll report how well it matches when my T-33 arrives.

Speaking of which, I'm seriously annoyed (pissed off really) at FedEx. All week long, the tracking said delivery on Monday. Including when I checked this afternoon. Tonight, they are now saying Tuesday without any explanation. So annoying to make plans to stay at home to receive a package and not have it arrive as scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

For some reason, when I tried to get the orange sample color from my local home depots ( I tried several before I was able to get a sample) their system was unable to process the order. It turned out that none of the Home Depots in our area carry Behr samples in eggshell. Only after several attempts was I able to find someone who could figure out how to get the paint codes in for a stain base. I'll report how well it matches when my T-33 arrives.

Speaking of which, I'm seriously annoyed (pissed off really) at FedEx. All week long, the tracking said delivery on Monday. Including when I checked this afternoon. Tonight, they are now saying Tuesday without any explanation. So annoying to make plans to stay at home to receive a package and not have it arrive as scheduled
          I'm definitely curious how the paint turns out.

Ugh, that sounds like my FedEx experience with the plane delivery. Mine said Sunday, then all of a sudden said it would be Monday/Tuesday, but then it actually showed up as originally planned on that Sunday.

Comment

• Just finished the build on my German T-33, what a simple strait forward assembly process. Not much to say other then it goes together really simply and looks great. I wanted to add a bit more color just for fun so messed around with adding more orange and blacked out the tail section and the inner part of the wing tip tanks. Also a first for me was adding some rivets with a fabric marker tool. So simple but pay attention to keeping a strait line. I also added some small strips of wood under each side of the battery tray to make an even with the foam floor up front. A small plastic shelf in behind the blue box added a great spot for the Admiral RX600SP. Still need to fly it when better weather arrives but from what I can tell from customer feedback it is a plane to have, even possibly a great EDF trainer. Thank for looking.

Comment

• Tooeleflyboy, Love the detail and doin' it old school with the tool. Outstanding. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Tooeleflyboy View Post
                Just finished the build on my German T-33, what a simple strait forward assembly process. Not much to say other then it goes together really simply and looks great. I wanted to add a bit more color just for fun so messed around with adding more orange and blacked out the tail section and the inner part of the wing tip tanks. Also a first for me was adding some rivets with a fabric marker tool. So simple but pay attention to keeping a strait line. I also added some small strips of wood under each side of the battery tray to make an even with the foam floor up front. A small plastic shelf in behind the blue box added a great spot for the Admiral RX600SP. Still need to fly it when better weather arrives but from what I can tell from customer feedback it is a plane to have, even possibly a great EDF trainer. Thank for looking.
                Looks good.

Tooele, as in Utah? Used to have a friend who lived that, but haven't chatted with him in dozen years or so.
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

Just finished the build on my German T-33, what a simple strait forward assembly process. Not much to say other then it goes together really simply and looks great. I wanted to add a bit more color just for fun so messed around with adding more orange and blacked out the tail section and the inner part of the wing tip tanks. Also a first for me was adding some rivets with a fabric marker tool. So simple but pay attention to keeping a strait line. I also added some small strips of wood under each side of the battery tray to make an even with the foam floor up front. A small plastic shelf in behind the blue box added a great spot for the Admiral RX600SP. Still need to fly it when better weather arrives but from what I can tell from customer feedback it is a plane to have, even possibly a great EDF trainer. Thank for looking.
                  JUST FANTASTIC WORK!!! :-)
                  Subtle!! and splendid!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• What was your technique on the panel line shading? Looks great!

Comment

very nice work on the weathering and the detailing on your T-33 Tooeleflyboy, looks very nice

Comment

• Very nice, Tooeleflyboy , the subtle shading really makes the aircraft "pop". Sometimes, less truly IS more. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Tooele makes good honey, that tastes to me like Tupelo honey even though they're thousands of miles apart. I dated a honey farmer over 20 years ago. Sweet memories.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post

very nice work on the weathering and the detailing on your T-33 Tooeleflyboy, looks very nice
                          Hello WarbirdFan66 and welcome to HobbySquawk

Comment

• Looks like some European guys are also following this thread (like me 😉) while waiting for the message from Motion RC that their birds arrived and will fly in soon. The only reason why I do not become nervous is the current bad weather in Germany.

Joe

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeCool View Post
                              Looks like some European guys are also following this thread (like me 😉) while waiting for the message from Motion RC that their birds arrived and will fly in soon. The only reason why I do not become nervous is the current bad weather in Germany.

Joe
                              Hi/ Hallo Joe, welcome to HobbySquawk. T-33 should arrive very soon from now on. And yes, the weather is very bad this week, also over here in Aachen.

Comment

• Patiently (mostly) waiting for the next batch of silver USAF T-33s to arrive at MRC here in the US.. Have done some advance work on the P-80 conversion....:)

Alpha, et all at MRC: any rough guess when the next order will arrive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post

Hello WarbirdFan66 and welcome to HobbySquawk
                                  Thanks man, yes i thought i should check it out. Usually im only on rcg...but i found a few nice posts here and since the T-33 is on my shopping list it sounded like a good idea to find out about the issues she might have. Forums are always a good source of information about new planes, cheers mate.

Comment

• The latest word this morning from MRC chat, for the next delivery, is 4-6 weeks because of the Chinese new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by flazz View Post
                                      The latest word this morning from MRC chat, for the next delivery, is 4-6 weeks because of the Chinese new year.
                                      Do you know if that includes spare parts also?

Comment

• “because of the Chinese New Year”
                                        ...or Coronavirus ???

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                                          Patiently (mostly) waiting for the next batch of silver USAF T-33s to arrive at MRC here in the US.. Have done some advance work on the P-80 conversion....:)

Alpha, et all at MRC: any rough guess when the next order will arrive?
                                          Are you doing any 3d printing for this conversation?

Comment

Working...
                                          X