Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend at my club had this F16,it would not rotate from grass no matter what we did.....
    other 70mm would.
    I believe the cheater grates are creating a suction keeping plane stuck to the ground on grass.

Comment

• Ron, just keep in mind that with the flaperons, you want to create more lift than drag on take-off. I have my take-off flaps at -25% with -14% elev. I usually hold back elevator on take-off roll to try to keep the nose light. I don't use landing flaps. The plane slows down nice when you keep the nose up on approach and you still have full aileron authority. My grass is fairly short, but somewhat bumpy. Just have to find out what works best for your conditions.

Comment

• thanks two that what I have programed in also

Comment

• Dont use too much, maybe 15 -20 deg. Otherwise you run the risk of blanking out the elevator. I learned the hardway! Lol
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Folks.
            I am putting my F16 together and it has a couple parts with no mention in the instructions.
            - two 1 inch long black wooden dowels
            - a plastic bag with clear plastic parts that look like small pegs and tiny plastic screws

Any idea what these are for? They are not mentioned in the instructions or the build videos...

Thanks in advance.

Stilgar99

Comment

• The dowels go in the leading edge of the wings. Plastic bag is spare parts if you want to install plastic hinges for control surfaces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                The dowels go in the leading edge of the wings. Plastic bag is spare parts if you want to install plastic hinges for control surfaces.
                What D said!!! Enjoy. It is a nice flying bird. Just have enough elevator. I maxed out my throws and used 65% expo so I didn't experience PIO, but I have dialed the expo back to 50% and like it better. I am a touch nose heavy on mine...The more rearward you go, the more sensitive the elevator. You now that!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Sorry, should have said that first!!! Glad you are here!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                    The dowels go in the leading edge of the wings. Plastic bag is spare parts if you want to install plastic hinges for control surfaces.
                    Thanks for the quick responses!

Also, does the community recommend flaperons?

Stilgar99

Comment

• I prefer flaperons.

Comment

• Haven't posted here in a while... new videos will be shared later. New afterburner design installed and it really looks good now!
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                          Haven't posted here in a while... new videos will be shared later. New afterburner design installed and it really looks good now!
                          I finished mine last night too

Comment

• Originally posted by Stilgar99 View Post

Thanks for the quick responses!

Also, does the community recommend flaperons?

Stilgar99
                            I have flaperons too, works great. Also, I have the elevators on their own channel and when I select full flaps they activate as elevons for more control at approach speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I finished mine last night too
                              I am actually planning to get mine set up with the afterburner tonight too!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

I am actually planning to get mine set up with the afterburner tonight too!
                                Are you placing the ring in the tail cone like the 90mm version? Or did you purchase a Centerburner? RCGeeks Centerburners are a lot cooler for sure but the price is a little heavy. I have them installed in two of my favorites, the F-14 and one of my 90mm F-15s. I used the Cyclone Power on this plane as well as a few other of my everyday fliers. You don't even need to add a BEC or UBEC, just straight into the main power leads or plug into the lipos charging harness. To install on this airplane I slid a small flathead screwdriver between the tail cone and the fuselage to separate the glue and cut away foam the aft most foam until there was no thrust interference from the afterburner ring. There is plenty of room to do so and be able to re-glue the tail cone in place. The only consequence is you have to be more conscious of the tail cone being as it is weaker than before. It looks good though. I can add pics if you want, but its probably the easiest install of them all so I'm sure you already have it done.

Jim

Comment

• I purchased the Centerburner from Chris. Unfortunately didn't get to it last night, but will hopefully get it installed this weekend. I put this in my F4 and have one set aside for my F15. Definitely really cool, even cooler with the aluminum tape!

Comment

I purchased the Centerburner from Chris. Unfortunately didn't get to it last night, but will hopefully get it installed this weekend. I put this in my F4 and have one set aside for my F15. Definitely really cool, even cooler with the aluminum tape!
                                    Yeah totally haha. I thought I was a genius when I thought of using aluminum ducting tape with afterburners that and started a thread and had a video showing it off. Turned out I was a little late to the show... Other people thought of it too. I had been using it for years as hangar rash patches on aluminum colored foam P-51s

Comment

• It's like when I came up with the idea of the Double Stuffed Oreos. Apparently everyone else thought of it too LOL

Comment

• Stupid question, but regarding getting the plan set up for flaperons, do I just bypass the blue box completely and set up flaperons via the receiver? Furthermore, I'm confused how I would connect a gyro with all this; Y connector? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Stupid question, but regarding getting the plan set up for flaperons, do I just bypass the blue box completely and set up flaperons via the receiver? Furthermore, I'm confused how I would connect a gyro with all this; Y connector? Thanks in advance.
                                          For flaperon, each aileron servo needs to be put on a separate channel, so yes bypass the blue box. for piece of mind, maybe get a dedicated y-harness and bypass the elevators as well, since the servo power through the blue box is just being derived from the retract lead.

Comment

Working...
                                          X