Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Nothing beats a P-38 sortie on your lunch break! :D
    Very nice! Loved the inverted and low passes! And great music too. Had a very 1940's aviation feel to it.
    Pat

Comment

• Thanks! I would have been a bit more balsy with some low inverted passes over the runway but there were too many guys there and I didn't want to be called out for hot dogging, lol....The tune is the opening sequence from War Thunder a few years ago... IL-2 Sturmovik March.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• hey guys..got a few more flights in today. My normal flying spot was too busy (high school road) ,so I decided to go to my church and use their parking lot. not too bad,lots of space,except a tree line rather close. My wife had video of one of the flights, but somehow accidentally deleted it when editing the footage to remove a mess up.,so all I have are some cell phone stills. 2 different flights being shown..after the landing in the 3rd photo..the rest are.....gulp....the last flight. Painful to say,but I may be the first casualty of the FL P-38....a fitting name to my plane too.
        on my second flight, at the end of the parking lot is a 4' drop off, which I was going to go over on my landing, so I decided to do a go round. unfortunately ,I was too slow, couldnt get the lift I needed and into the tree line she went. you can see in the last photo her final few seconds. looks like I'll need to replace the entire center section. other than that, it held up pretty good..no broken props either.
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• to top this off...my Peties gone too...I mean gone...placed the lipo up too far I think. In turn #3 after takeoff I retracted the flaps...thats when he nose dived...too low to redeploy flaps to get lift...nose first. I felt like Tom Hanks losing Wilson.... this is the first...and LAST time I will fly on church property.
          Attached Files
          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• TS,
            Sorry to hear. Makes my heart sink to see your last pic, especially since I also used the Journey's End livery

Comment

• And your blue nose too, I feel bad for you

Comment

• Oh man TS, sorry to see that. At least the P-38 is not too bad. Hope you can get it repaired soon.

And yeah, stop flying at the church!
                Pat

Comment

• sorry TS, sometimes when it goes bad it's all bad. Well repairs always a part of it, most planes fly better after you add a little additional glue. :rolleyes:
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• lol, yup..nothing like a battle scarred plane.. while I was flying the kids were having movie night there tonight, so there were alot of kids there under 10 that were lovin the airshow. so they got to see one (the P-38) fly a couple times, and then go down..and I also had Iron Ass out there...(that one I didnt think about until it was too late lol)
                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Ah man sorry TS...We all know the feeling of losing a plane or two on the same day. Just terrible. I had to create a new rule...If I witnessed a crash - whether it was my own or someone elses - I was done flying for the day. I've become pretty superstitious about it too. They come in bunches. Glad the P-38 wasn't a total loss.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• A little ground footage from this evening at the school track...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Bummer TS!!
                          I'm still waiting for a break in the weather to maiden. Late this afternoon i thought i would at least take mine and taxi around in the driveway and see if she's tracking straight. Heck, couldn't even do that. It had started raining again. So i snapped a couple pictures inside the garage. She's looking good!!
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Has everyone who has flown this plane found that the 4mm of UP elevator is fairly standard for initial set up and level flight?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros.MotionRC;n36720]A little ground footage from this evening at the school track...

Sweet Aros!!

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• bummer TS, at least there are spare parts to deal with. aros I like the grass field landing. on my maiden I was dealing with a nasty cross wind that pushed me off into the grass and to my surprise it was no big deal at all! the p-38 just did a nice baja run right through it no sweat so I think I should be good @ my local electric field and the short 70x120 ft runway into grass. I really like this model and I will be trying the 3" dubro diamond light tires on my mains @ some point. it might be really tough not getting into the new fliteline spitfire for a new go to plane... but I don't really need one.... but I do ....but ... but.
                                AKA meltor

Comment

• oh yea, has anyone tried the zip tie mod on their 3 blade p-38 props? when I assembled mine I thought about it and it looked like it would work...
                                  AKA meltor

Comment

• Ah Man, two broken planes in one day. My heart goes out for you, been there done that. As we say in motorcycling (ergo, my screen name) "There's only two types of riders. Those that have been down, and those that are yet to be."

Nothing a little glue, tender loving care, and a click or two on the spare parts page won't fix. You'll be back in the air in no time! :)
                                    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• Sorry TS. That's a tough way to loose a plane. Thank goodness MRC has spare parts available.

Comment

• TS, sorry to see your Blue Nose P-51 in that shape. I'm glad to hear that your P-38 only needs a center section to be flying again. Call me on Monday and I'll see what I can do to brighten your day, since you are the first P-38 casualty.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

I'll snap a picture for you in the morning, FLTRI. Which batteries are you using? Admirals?
                                          Any luck on that pic of where you are measuring CG. Wind looks like it's calm tomorrow, really want to get my maiden in...
                                          I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                          ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Working...
                                          X