Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my maiden today with 6S and 7x7. Launch was easy with about 50-75% throttle. The plane is insane fast and that makes it not realy controlable at full throttle. From a power dive out the left roll is not controlable and if you don't move the stick to idle the plane will be dead. At horizontaly full speed the ailerons loose effectivity because the foam is not strong enough.The foamie is at the limits with this setup.I recomend to reduce the throttle about 10-20% to get it controlable with this setup

Comment

• Does anybody have a motor? Just burned it down on my last flight.Motion Rc does not have it on stock. When will it be back on stock?? Any hints for an other motor which fits.
      rgds
      Christian

Comment

• anyone got the throws on this plane no instructions with kit ?

Comment

• Any eta on parts? I have a smoked motor that happen on the 5th flight back in April/May-ish and would really like to get this thing back up.

Comment

• They're one of the shipments on the water, wvrcdude , thanks for your patience! If you haven't already, please enter your email address in the Notify Me field on the product page to receive an automatic email as soon as the product is restocked and ready to ship from our warehouse to you.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by simobb View Post
              anyone got the throws on this plane no instructions with kit ?
              Hey simobb, welcome to Hobby Squawk. The instructions to every product we carry will be on the support tab on the product page. The Havok can be found here: https://www.motionrc.com/products/sk...np#support-tab

Hope that helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilles View Post
                Had my maiden today with 6S and 7x7. Launch was easy with about 50-75% throttle. The plane is insane fast and that makes it not realy controlable at full throttle. From a power dive out the left roll is not controlable and if you don't move the stick to idle the plane will be dead. At horizontaly full speed the ailerons loose effectivity because the foam is not strong enough.The foamie is at the limits with this setup.I recomend to reduce the throttle about 10-20% to get it controlable with this setup
                +1 after 140mph I found the roll rate got scary soft, felt like the limit to me. 8x6 with a 4 cell feels just about right power balance to me and likely the limit,around 130 ish
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                  Did the maiden yesterday. Hand launch was a breeze and flew on rails with virtually no trim right out of the gate, just like my Freewing T-33 and Flightline Corsair. About 2 minutes into the flight, I came out of a dive and added power and it looked like I lost the prop. Managed to get it on the ground with no damage to the airframe whatsoever and discovered I lost not only the prop, but the whole motor was missing! Canopy flew off too. ESC and battery still intact. Motor mount still intact. Not sure what happened. Maybe I over-stressed it by adding power too early in the dive recovery, or the motor wasn't sufficiently secured to the mount in manufacturing. Either way, an eventful and frustrating end to an otherwise great flight. Canopy and motor assembly MIA (likely in the pond adjacent to the field). I was able to order most of the missing pieces, but the canopy and motor are out of stock.

Any thoughts as to what happened? Complete stock setup done by the book, and was running an Admiral 3000 4s.

Motion - when will the canopy and motor be back in stock? Eager to get this back up in the air again. Next time i'm going to use masking tape on the canopy and add some VC-3 to the motor screws.

-Scott

Click image for larger version Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.9 KB ID:	251643Click image for larger version Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	251644
                  The spares I needed came back in stock yesterday (canopy, motor). Also picked up some APC 8x6s. Excited to re-maiden this and fly it for the first time since April.

Question: Has anyone turned on the ESC braking on this?

Comment

• I would not set the break, if the prop ends up at 12/6 it will most certainly break on landing
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• I got my APC 8x6e props today. It seems the diameter is smaller than the stock props and the shaft. They don't fit over the threads on the prop adapter without boring the hole open with a drill. Does anyone else have similar experience, or should they fit with no modifications outside of balancing?

Comment

I got my APC 8x6e props today. It seems the diameter is smaller than the stock props and the shaft. They don't fit over the threads on the prop adapter without boring the hole open with a drill. Does anyone else have similar experience, or should they fit with no modifications outside of balancing?
                        go to Harbor freight and get a tapered reamer, centers perfectly and allows you to gradually increase the diameter for a snug centered fit.
                        rc flyin addict

Comment

I got my APC 8x6e props today. It seems the diameter is smaller than the stock props and the shaft. They don't fit over the threads on the prop adapter without boring the hole open with a drill. Does anyone else have similar experience, or should they fit with no modifications outside of balancing?
                          Actually get a true prop reamer. They are stepped for the different prop shaft and wont over ream past the required size. This will keep more of the prop in contact with the shaft than the conical hole made by a tapered reamer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah, reaming out props is not a problem at all.
                            That reamer shown above is the best I've used for these APC's and easily obtained at your local hobby store.

Comment

• Make sure you get the right one they have two, the standard SAE and the Metric Reamer's

Comment

• the apc props come with multiple adapters that fit at the motor side of the prop, this area stays square on the shaft as it's untouched by the reamer. While a prop reamer is a good choice the tapered version works and centers perfectly if you work side to side carefully,might be even better as you can get a really snug fit upfront. I have done too many props to count in this way and they all spin smooth as silk after balancing. Just put a new 8x6e on, I had just tried the gas version as the increased thickness makes it a bit more robust but it felt a bit slower and less efficient as expected. Added some additional ale reflex for my air break set up for the next outing, this works really well.
                                rc flyin addict

Comment

• I love APC props, I used them as upgrade props for my FW 850mm P-51. World of difference.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    I love APC props, I used them as upgrade props for my FW 850mm P-51. World of difference.
                                    +1, allot more efficient and quiet, not sure why so many planes come with thick butter knife looking props,APC is a cheap upgrade
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Well, I crashed my beloved Havok last night. No idea what happened. I was on the last flight of the evening with 2 minutes battery left. Completely lost signal. Post-mortem bench testing revealed no anomolies with the battery, all servos worked normally, linkages & control surfaces intact and secure. Futaba receiver. Impressive it didn't do more damage- went straight in. In fact should be flyable again with a new fuse. I'd probably replace the motor too, even though it turned over fine in bench testing. Or at this price point I may just buy a new model all together.

Only thing I can think of is signal interference or possible ESC overheat. But i've pushed it harder in the past with no issue and ambient temps were in the 60's.

Sure wish I knew an ETA for when they'll be in stock again. I got a good 50+ flights on her with no issues prior to this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6045[10225].jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.0 KB ID:	281308
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• bummer, sorry abut that, hopefully new ones will come online soon
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Always sucks when you can't lock in a cause.
                                          Sorry to see that!

Comment

Working...
                                          X