Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARE WE GOING TO SEE NEW STOCK OF THIS RACER IN 2021.......or do we have to wait until COVID is over..!

Comment

• Would love to see this back in stock. I have had and liked many EFX racers and a few EFXtras. I had the V900 but did not like it. I would like to give this plane a try. I also would like to see a bigger version to compete with the V1200 with retractable gear and flaps that can fly on 6s 5000. That would be really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerobatic Addict View Post
        Would love to see this back in stock. I have had and liked many EFX racers and a few EFXtras. I had the V900 but did not like it. I would like to give this plane a try. I also would like to see a bigger version to compete with the V1200 with retractable gear and flaps that can fly on 6s 5000. That would be really cool!
        I still fly all my EFXtras and I just gave away the EFX racer I had still flying my V-900 and my Skynetic Havoc. Once I started flying the new V-1200 I have parked all the others. I hate hand launching and belly landing. Now when I go to fly I always have my V-1200 with. This plane beats them all hands down

Comment

• We’ve got a group of guys flying the EFX and EFXtra Racers at our local field. I picked up a used Havok when HK was out of stock on the EFXtras. My guess is that the EFXtra and Havok are likely coming out of the same factory. The packaging and graphics are pretty similar. My hope was that the Havok would hang with or outperform the EFXtras that we fly on 5s with stock 60amp ESC and 7” prop.

The KV on the Havok motor is lower so I would assume it would be slower on the same prop and battery setup. I static tested an APC 7x8 sport prop on 5s and it produced over 1400 watts. At the field the Havoc appeared to be 5-10mph faster on level flight. During the third race, the motor smoked. No replacements available at Motion.

I grabbed one of the motors from a crashed EFXtra and it has the exact same prop adaptor hole spacing. The only issue is that the EFXtra motor is shorter than the Havok motor. I used two of the EFXtra motor plates to space it out perfectly. I put a 7x7 APC sport prop on it and it didn’t disappoint. Didn’t get to race it against one of the EFXtras but I think it would hang.

My one observation is that the dihedral on the wings seems exaggerated compared to the relatively straight wing of the EFXtra. On a positive note, the Havok wing seems a little thinner and less draggy that the EFXtra.

The EFXtra and Havok are some of the best racers money can buy for $150. Tons of fun racing with a group on 5s.

Hope Motion gets the Havok and parts back in stock.

Comment

• Here is a clip from a couple of us racing.

The EFXtras don’t play well with others. Here is a V900 that my racer took out mid flight. We think my main wing broke off his vertical stab mid race.

Comment

• Once it does come back in stock, I think I'm going to buy two this time. I had a V1200 and sold it. Still prefer the Havok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

I still fly all my EFXtras and I just gave away the EFX racer I had still flying my V-900 and my Skynetic Havoc. Once I started flying the new V-1200 I have parked all the others. I hate hand launching and belly landing. Now when I go to fly I always have my V-1200 with. This plane beats them all hands down
                Yes I have seen 3 guys flying the V1200 and love it. I wish they had not made it the same colors as the sky. I do like the idea of the low cost belly landers that can land any way with the wind. I did get to fly a v1200 and was impressed. It snapped much better than my v900 ever did.

Comment

• Called Motion today since the Skynetic Havok is available in Europe and wanted to know if they are on the way to the USA. The person I spoke to said yes but really could not be accurate at all about when. I prefer my EFXtra over my EFX racer. Flew them both today. I would love to give the Skynetic Havok a try as well.

Comment

• Glad to see that this model is again AVAILABLE .......also glad that it appears that a 5S 2200 could be strapped inside..!

Comment

• Ok. Here goes. Bought a V900 and after 4 failed hand launches and repairs I discovered the Havok.

Great! Looks good, nice price. I bought one and build according the instructions. I installed an AR631 gyro set up with 3 FM (safe select) Self leveling, bank angle limited, and OFF.

Set CG to instructions and didn't see ANYTHING about dual rate or expo settings so I didn't add that.

Maiden flight,4s 2200mah, All gyro modes OFF, 70% power, hand throw at 45*. Torque roll and inverted in 2 sec at 10 feet altitude. Countered with alieron input and throttle off , aircraft rights itself but roll rates are extremely touchy, altitude now 2 feet, flip gyro to self level and punch throttle. Aircraft recovers. Whoo!

Landing was straight forward but fast.

Battery #2

Ok. You got this, I decided to use gyro on but only bank limits (60* ) since I dont want gyro to level off right away.

60% throttle this time and 45* hand launch, again roll rate extremely hard to control. Torque roll present, already too low to chop throttle I punch it. It lawn darts in the grass field to the point the spinner is 3" under ground. Took 2 hands to pull aircraft out. Never had that happen to my rc planes..WTF!

Waiting for replacement fuselage to arrive. Good news no damage to wings.

Questions:

should I hand launch with 50% throttle to removed torque roll or is that not enough power? 4s 2200mah weight onboard.

Should I try hand launch with self leveling ON? Or would torque roll still happen?

What expo and dual rates should i program and use at launch?

it flies nice, but the uncertainty of torque roll on launch has me ready to go back to rc helis..

Thanks.

Comment

• Ok. After Zero input from this forum i decided to push my 4s 2200 mah all the way forward to firewall. Checked the CG and was slightly nose heavy. No problem. Swapped everything over to a replacement fuselage, recalibrated the AR631.

Headed to the fly field. Winds were blowing 10-15kts.
                        Gyro off, 45*hand launch. This time with 45% throttle, no torque roll!

She flys great! Super fast.

Love it.

Comment

• Good job! Sorry I missed your other post...I would have recommended half throttle...Broke a few props when I was first learning how she likes to be launched. I also replaced the stock (brittle) props with APC props. MUCH better!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I have done about a 50-70% throttle with a 4s 3000mAh no issues for me other than hitting a tree limb in one of my flights.
                            Kept on flying, just had a pretty good ding in the middle of the wing. Sorry for the shaky friend was using my cell phone to record

Comment

• love the sound, are you on 4s or 5s?

Originally posted by Double E View Post
                              Here is a clip from a couple of us racing.

The EFXtras don’t play well with others. Here is a V900 that my racer took out mid flight. We think my main wing broke off his vertical stab mid race.
                              DLG GLiders

Comment

• Hi! I have 4 flights on my new Havoc. Fun, good flying racer. But. I have also broken 4 propellers. 4 flights. 4 props. This is going to get expensive. lol Any suggestions on how to save the prop?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                                  Hi! I have 4 flights on my new Havoc. Fun, good flying racer. But. I have also broken 4 propellers. 4 flights. 4 props. This is going to get expensive. lol Any suggestions on how to save the prop?
                                  APC props and ESC brake

Comment

• 152 mph today on Havok

​​​​​​​
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Just got the Havok and flew it.... Very fun and fast plane stock! I'll probably play around with this one and modify it but for now, I am very impressed. One question... I land on dirt and the air scoop on the bottom gets clogged up. Any issue with blocking off that intake?

Here's the flight. This is the 2nd flight of the Havok.

Thanks
                                      Jose

Comment

• New to this forum, and a little late to the Havok party, but picked one of these up yesterday. I plan on flying it stock with a 4S 2500 50C batteries, and also have an 8x8 APC E prop to try. I’m not really interested in 5 or 6S setups as I have a pretty fast Funjet Ultra already. I’d like to set this plane up to be more of a pattern flyer with reduced rates and run a FrSky SR6 Archer receiver with stabilization. I think this is a neat plane.

Speaking of pattern airplanes, I wish Skynetics could make a replica of one of my favorite small pattern ships of yesteryear, the Ace RC Pacer (1/2A size). I built one from kit in the mid 90s with a throttled Norvel .061 engine, and think it would be cool on a similar electric setup as this Havok. The Pacer was so cool…flew a lot like a .60 size pattern ship in miniature, and landed power off like a glider (had molded foam wings). I really liked the looks of this airplane…more of a classic but sharp look as opposed to what modern pattern planes look like. If they made a replica of this, I wonder what sort of interest there would be? It seems like more scale like plans are more popular, but I’d buy one in a heartbeat! The Pacer just has “that look” that pushes all the right buttons.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E06F8DBA-BBE7-4D5A-A4A3-C72E5C065756.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	368988
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	1C59A082-12F9-4B8E-B61E-CDD2B23BF295.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	368989
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	9FE91039-0773-4B44-B5C1-2EAF52B08DE5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	368990

Comment

• I have not purchased a Havoc yet but may do so. What is the diameter of the prop shaft? want to use a folding prop and need to know the shaft diameter. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X